Bank of America

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

424 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsOpportunity for Career advancement. Management is always there to assist in helping you achieve career goals

ConsI do not have anything cons to list at this time.

The good, the bad and the ugly...

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

Proscompetitive salary and good benefits. I learned a lot of valuable technical skills as well as protocols and processes.

ConsOffice politics are brutal. While they promote the idea of work-life balance, they do not practice it. The cubicle size continues to get smaller - it's hard to concentrate in an environment when you can hear every conversation around you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou lead by example, so try to set a good example. Pay more attention to work-life balance issues. Learn to LISTEN to you dr.'s.

Never Again

Business Support Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Teammates
    Access to Learning and Development Resources
    Holidays

Cons"Family-Friendly" is just for PR. There is no time for family when you are doing the work of 3-4 people and pulling regular all-nighters.

All you will ever be there is a name on a row of an enormous spreadsheet that is constantly being examined and trimmed. When you are up for trimming, none of your 80-hour weeks will matter.

The overwhelming culture is "eat or be eaten," made alarmingly worse by the rapid spread of privileged young MBAs who know nothing but the classroom, daddy's money, and how to Instagram themselves ad nauseam while out on the town.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your resumes.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance

Assistant Vice President, SFA (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsWork life balance and compensation

Consbeaurocratic atmosphere, does not manage out low performing managers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the managers that are causing your talent to look elsewhere

good job for contracting project manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

Prosgood place to work remote

Consok but realize its temporary

Quite exciting

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsGood people to work with. Great learning experience.

ConsEasy to get lost in an organisation of its size.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter defined career paths for employees

Good company, requires personal drive and ambition

ECommerce Consultant (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsSmart people, fast paced (for banking) forward thinking financial institution that is planning for the future.

ConsChallenging to get to a senior level and significant pay increases. Constant reorg's.

Great company, great name to have on your resume.

Finance Manager (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsI worked at Bank of America for seven years and it was the best role I've had throughout my 20 year career in Finance. Management has done a great job in their steady climb out of the financial crisis of 2008.

ConsCompensation can be lower than some banks due to the easy availability of lower cost location employees (Charlotte, NC). BOA has a "genteel" culture that can make getting direct honest feedback at times difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing in terms of reducing risks and staffing up regulatory compliance teams.

Responsible for 2 COO, 4 Directs and 177 FTE's. Responsible for calendar scheduling, travel arrangements & expenses.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsMost interesting thing about my position was the ability to work with o workers in other countries (India, Costa Rica and Mexico). I especially enjoyed taking on the challenges of the calendaring and travel scheduling as well event planning for team and community events.

ConsAs administrative assistant in BOFA it is hard to move up since they removed the position of Business Lead I & II within this position you would be able to learn more of the business and prove your analytical and communication skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe in open door policy and clear direction. Also, management could when possible suggest placing an admin to assist in a project that would advance her skills and the team goals.

Good working hours, terrible environment...

Assistant Vice President - Sourcing Lead (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsLarge financial institution exp., good benefits, flexible work hours, many great opportunities to build a fantastic resume and get extensive background in different business groups.

ConsLeadership disorganized and unqualified, compensation not competitive, negative work environment, constant fear of losing job, favoritism is ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership would benefit if they actually listened, heard and worked to address issues so they could be adequately resolved . Too much talking and not enough action. Would be great if people took more accountability. Crabs in a bucket mentality.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Charlotte, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 424 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.