Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

157 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

senior

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- work life balance is ok

Cons- management needs to communicate more

It was a great experience!

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsValued my intellect
    Worked on a lot of great projects.
    Full-Time Offer Opportunity

ConsNone. Though upward movement maybe a little tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the goodwork

Great company to work for, despite poor public opinion of Big Banks.

Assistant Vice President, Market Information Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWorking from home has its benefits. Lots of flexibility in work schedule and ability to drive projects without constant micromanaging from higher-ups. The people I work with are incredibly smart and talented - it's a great company to develop your professional skill set and technical skills. There are a lot of resources to develop your understanding of the company and the industry as a whole.

ConsWorking from home also has its downfalls. It can be very isolating to only have work interactions through technology. There have also been significant employee lay-offs over the past few years - doesn't help with feeling of overall job security. I'm also doubtful that I will be able to move forward in my career path as quickly as I had been planning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good run, but nowhere to go at the end

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosstrong platform and products; smart and experienced people;

Consbureaucracy, silos, politics and size

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline the businesses, and focus on core competencies

Hell

Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSalary is great and the experience is priceless: you understand why the problems that are destroying the world-economy exist.

ConsHours, RED TAPE, career mobility is minimal unless you plan on staying there for 99485857 years...

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up, and realize that most of your new-hires are, well, simply smarter than you.

Awesome place to start your career

Credit Service Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBOA offers great benefits, friendly co-workers and excellent focus on community service. Continuous employment growth and development opportunity. Most upper manager is knowledgeable of the industry and are willing to help their team grow.

ConsThe biggest con is that you cannot hold a part-time job without notifying upper management. A lot of the managers micro manage the employees so you don't get an opportunity to truly work independently.

Decent, friendly, and easy hours

Teller (Current Employee) Wilmette, IL

Prosteam focus, easy environment, decent pay

Consnot enough vacation hours, some annoy situation

Good place to work. Great Atmosphere

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsCompetitive Salary, Organized, Great people to work with

ConsNot enough time off. Not enough opportunity to grow within company

Great

Mortgage Servicing Specialist II (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPay is good
    Hours are flexible (as long as you speak to manager)
    Learn a lot about the mortgage modification process
    Great team

ConsI could complain but there is really no cons to this job except if this is your first mortgage position you will need to make sure that you must be confident when speaking to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

A large company that gives you opportunities to develop yourself

Business Support Lead (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWeb-based training, employee networks, there are plenty of resources available that enable an employee to grow their knowledge base and professional networks. Mentoring programs are available, and communication between employees and supervisors is encouraged. Employees are encouraged to plan their own development, with guidance from their managers.

ConsIt's a large company, and it may be hard to find the right resources easily. New BAC makes it tough to find new opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employee satisfaction surveys, please. Morale makes a huge difference in performance, and New BAC is still causing ripples in the pond.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!