Bank of America

3.2 6,094 reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,575 ratings)

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

6,094 Employee Reviews

Good and Creative work

Software Developer (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsHave some good work and good team

Conseverything was creative and challenging

Good.

Consultant - Applications Programming (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice place. Good mix of technology. Lot to learn.

ConsDidnt find anything to worry about.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

I rate Bank of America as outstanding. My disability allowed me to continue my regular life despite my injuries. I was

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsThey have very good benefits. The pay is avg and if you need time off, it's available

ConsIf you're willing to put forth 110% effort, many promotions are available. It is the manager and yourself responsible for your training. Use appropriate channels if your not being trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust ensure that every branch is covered so they don't get behind. Personell should have a file of applicants they could hire for another branch but the employee wants to work at a specific branch closer to home.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great teams! Mediocre Management.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGreat place to work. Lots of flexibility and friendly work environment. Free covered parking. Onsite convenience store, showers, and banking center.

ConsThe leadership team does not understand some parts of the business, so the strategy does not make sense and leads to unnessary work that does nothing to drive the business. Does not promote minorities as quickly as other, so many of them leave for opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your foot soldiers or risk losing the war.

overall satisfied

R E Appraiser (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosbenefits,compensation,time off policies, culture,people were friendly and were supportive most of the time.

Consnone that were specific to b of a

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Multi-multi tasker

Teller (Current Employee) Vista, CA

ProsBest learning environment. After you've trained here and conquered your position any other teller position will be a piece of cake.
    Personal growth. If you spend 40 hours a week with the same faces, you bought make some friends in the process.
    Professional growth. Career advancement fast if you show you're worth it.
    Benefits. Medical, vision, school tuition.

ConsMulti tasking is the word.
    Running financial transaction while talking to customer trying to sell products while at the same time keeping the line moving fast and maintaining the office running smoothly.

Good company

Teller (Former Employee) The Dalles, OR

ProsGreat benefits, Manager was very helpful and supportive

ConsNo Flexibility in work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the lazy individuals faster it makes those who work hard have to work harder and get burned out faster!!

Good place to work

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsGreat benefits, good pay, great growth opportunity

ConsPointless sales, terrible back office support

Advice to Senior Managementgrow back bone

good company to work for

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Cape Coral, FL

Prosgreat hours and benifits really trying to be more customer oriented

Constime off you get 3 weeks when you first start whih is nice but weeks are picked by senior wmployees first and your left with all the garbage days. management is just ridiclous !! im sorry being new to the company why would you put me with a manger that has no banking experience!! when your new you need a good support team and the training not good at all get ready just to dive in and hope for the best

Advice to Senior Managementnone excpet people who have no banking background shouldnt be managers

Work review

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsQualified leadership, very low risk appetite, flexible working conditions, relatively good compensation package. Lots of accountability for managment of funds, schedule, and resources. Very good company to work for if you are female or a protected minority.

ConsNot much consistency between appointing people to backfill vacancies and posting these positions. Very difficult to navigate the political structure of the organization.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!