Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,522 ratings)

5,992 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you"
    in 327 reviews
  • "Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home"
    in 181 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is very little work life balance and the pay doesn't justify the hours worked"
    in 119 reviews
  • "Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes"
    in 150 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

GMRT&O Intern

GMRT&O (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat team dynamic. Agile programming. HR is great with organizing activities and events for interns to meet with upper level management.

ConsSometimes a bit unorganized. May not have a lot to do all the time. All coding is done using the BAML in-house IDE.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice if company organized more events that support personal growth or team building.

Great place to work

QA Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible hours. You can work from home. Friendly co -workers. Good vacation policy.

ConsMost of the work is done at offshore. So you hardly get a chance to learn. Too many middle managers

Balance of life and good comp

Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsSane managers, reasonable hours and reasonable pay. All firms have good and bad managers but BAC seems to have a higher percentage of sensible human managers.

ConsOverly Breaucratic. Lots of caution to avoid the financial disasters of the past. This leads to lots of lists, reviews and audits. Its hard to see that they all have value.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, great experience but felt no room to advance.

Banking Center Manager II (Former Employee)

ProsTeam and associates worked so hard and loyalty to the bank. Knowledge and skills developed here were great for own life and future career.

ConsNo work life balance in retail and no room for advancing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more one-on-ones with your retail staff. Allow recruiters to seek for internal candidates prior to external, and not just for retail postings but for corporate ones. Lots of great talent leaves bank since no potential for movement. I have seen so many recent college graduates leave because they felt BOA wouldn't give them the time of day. Also, retail associates are sometimes working 6 days a week for 4+ weeks straight. Saturday coverage is a very touchy subject within some markets. Especially when a team is short staff, which seems to happen quite a bit. There is not enough anticipatory positions or floating retail associates for when staffing goes low. As a branch manager, I was working 8 Saturdays straight and never had a day off in the middle of the week. I understand the expectation of a BCM and appreciate it, however, your motivation and drive seems to turn negative when you have no work life balance and hardly spend time with your family.

Great company with great benefits

WMCS Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits. Bank if America provides great benefits such as 401 k matching, yearly assessment of performance which can equal a salary increase, and a mostly friendly staff.

ConsSuper busy. I'm always very busy and I'm sure that's great for company profits but sometimes it gives me a headache talking to soma my people. Back to back.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees

Excellent/amazing

ProsCompetitive pay and amazing benefits. Great team to work with and awesome bank products. Overall great bank.

ConsManagers development lack of training.
    Also poor privacy talks managers cannot keep conversation quiet.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about how to develop your associates and how to make them better.

Great benefits.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Good pay. Started with 3 weeks of vacation with the option to buy an extra week. Employees are encouraged to join in and rewarded for social stewardship.

ConsWould have liked more options for growth.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou received four weeks vacation. The work schedule was flexible.

ConsThere were multiple layoffs in various departments.

My experience at Bank of America was satisfactory. I really enjoyed the work I did, helping homeowners.

Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee)
    Richardson, TX

ProsFlexible work options. Bank of America has many work from home positions which is awesome. Additionally the health benefits and other perks such as company discounts are hard to beat.

ConsEmployees are paid slightly less to their peers at other major banks in similar positions. The company is also set to continue layoffs through the end of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more to your front line associates about new processes you want to implement in order to gauge what the real life effects will be and not just what was projected on a report.

Good not great

TSA (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood experience it was a pretty interesting time

ConsPeople were not that nice

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 5,992 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.