Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,512 ratings)

5,970 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you"
    in 327 reviews
  • "Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home"
    in 181 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is very little work life balance and the pay doesn't justify the hours worked"
    in 119 reviews
  • "Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes"
    in 150 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Negative experience

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsSo many cons which need to be addressed at the corporate level. The only pros worth mentioning are the medical benefits and 401k.

ConsUnethical management practices at the branch level in order to meet goals. Micromanaging employees every minute of the day. Expectation is to work overtime without pay in order to meet goals. Dishonest to customers regarding their "needs" for new accounts in order to cash bank checks, and many customers have an unruly number of accounts just to show branch "sales". Vacation requests approved would require employees to work the Saturday before and the Saturday after the one week request, to only allow 5 days off plus Sunday. Ridiculous game-playing to kill morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing for customers, and the rest will fall into place. If the culture is to get employees to take unethical and dishonest measures with customers regarding quotas and the declining of legitimate quests for fee reversals in order to meet company goals, then the company culture, reputation, and employee morale will suffer. It was a terrible work environment.

Management has lack of Integrity. The business practice are unethical most employees are forced or bribed to do wrong.

Mortgage Servicing Specialist III (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGive back to charity
    Events to keep employees away from doing the job
    Parties, unnecessary meeting
    Too many lazy employees and managers
    Not professional environment

ConsPolices are not being enforced. Management treats employees as if management works for Mafia a lot of retaliation if you speak up against wrong doing and corrupt business practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed trust worthy management too corrupt and employees.

Prison-like atmosphere

Teller (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood benefits, higher pay comparing to competitors

ConsBrainwashed management, long hours, interrupted lunch breaks because "there's a long line", favoritism, extremely high sales goals, no incentives for tellers and teller sups for meeting their sales goals, don't care about customers at all

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to people's concerns, be fair to everyone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VP

ProsMerrill and USTrust side of business are great. BUTBank side is the worst as an employee I would never bank at bank of america.

ConsProcess after process. As an employee I would never bank with bank of america, did my mortgage with Citibank and moved all the family bank accounts to Citibank

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making BoA so process oriented that organic growth is a pipe dream, us at merrill and ustrust think it is meaningless. Get card generating machines like citibank.

Private

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits! Good Company for college recent graduates to start a career then move to another company

ConsUpper Management only cares about their favorite employees. 99 % of the time same employees get recognize and management does not take the time to training their other employees to be successful, they only help and promote their favorites. If you are not liked by upper management they find a way to ride of you even if your numbers are the best! No people skills whatsoever.

Bad Company

Loan Processor/Junior Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Saint Charles, MO

ProsThe pay is pretty good.

ConsThis company Sucks. When I work there from the moment i walked in I knew it was going to be a short stay! Their trainning methods are a joke and their Hr assistance is terrible. I receive a warning for my performace review because i closed a loan two day past the dead line. I then received a written warning a week later for being one closing behind the goal. The week after that i receive a reward for being the first person to to meet there goal from my trainning class. Then The week after that i got my final warning for performance. I kid you not I could not make this up. I couldn't help but her cooler talk of people forming to gether to file lawsuits against this company. I quit that very same day!

Advice to Senior ManagementLEARN TO PROPERLY TRAIN AND UPLIFT YOUR EMPLOYEES

I would only work here while I am in school. I believe other financial institution offer more competitive compensation.

ProsBofA has great benefits. In my opinion this company as a teller is great for students because of the hours of operations and the tuition reimbursement.

ConsPoor compensation
    Focus too much on sales for tellers, but no reward is offered

Loved the people I worked with but the company was hard to work for

Mortgage Servicing Team Manager (Former Employee)
    Simi Valley, CA

ProsMedical benefits, 401K, pension, tuition reimbursement. Great team environment, encouraged personal and professional growth. The people in my department were great. I had a great relationship with my direct reports.

ConsLow pay compared to industry standards, unreasonable goals, poor communication. Our goals kept changing, without notice and explanation, usually as we were getting close to meeting them. Senior management openly played favorites, made no effort to hide it. I went on a medical leave. There was a miscommunication between my doctor's office and Aetna. I wasn't given a chance to correct it. Was terminated immediately with a no rehire status.

DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF!!!!

Teller (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsBanking hours and holidays off; Higher pay than regular retail jobs; Benefits and discounts are great. THat is about it.

ConsSales, everything is sales, even though the tellers get no additional assistance. We are at the bottom of the ladder. WE are the lowest paid. We do the most work! If you ask me, we are under paid for the stress that we got through daily!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your employees instead of worrying about your customers all the time

Chaos

Prossome people were nice here

Consno work life balance. minimal training

Advice to Senior Managementmorale is low because of senior management, fix it.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 5,970 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.