Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,518 ratings)

5,980 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you"
    in 327 reviews
  • "Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home"
    in 181 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is very little work life balance and the pay doesn't justify the hours worked"
    in 119 reviews
  • "Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes"
    in 150 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great benefits but underpaid.

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Addison, TX

ProsInsurance is good, but costly. Many different opportunities and lines of business. Offer paternity leave. Hire from within.

ConsSometimes have to go somewhere else to get the pay you deserve. Lack of communication between departments.

Excellent

Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Beachwood, OH

ProsFull benefits await you, personable managers who will talk with you about what you do well and what you need improvement on, decent salary and great work environment as well as ability to join other professional associations within the company, paid volunteer hours and paid vacations.

Consyou will have to have the ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time, goals are sometimes unachievable, difficult to maintain work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the team players and those who put in an honest day's work and get rid of the dead wood.

Awesome place!

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsWell known, good pay, lots of growth opportunity, amazing benefits (tuition, child care, 401k match, corporate discounts for a few), competitive environment

ConsThe job is great as long as you have a manager who isn't emotional and a drama queen- some are detrimental to their employees growth and jealousy can be apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally consider if a person is a leader or just a manager when promoting- don't let people get comfortable

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, awesome benefits

Senior Collector (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for, with awesome benefits. Many locations, competitive pay, and advancement opportunities and tuition reimbursement, and excellent training staff and security staff wasnvery nice and pleasant to work with. Very glad to be a part of a great company and an awesome industry. Family environment very close nit.

ConsTraffic to the office daily

Advice to Senior ManagementEach one teach one.

Great company to work for

Consumer Products Strategic Analyst III (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat salary and good friends

ConsOffice culture monotonous. A lot of projects, but never implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve employee culture

Great company to work for, great opportunities to move around, great opportunities to work with senior engineers.

Consultant - Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat work schedule flexibility, decent upward mobility, decent upper level management. Able to offer suggestions and ask questions about technology.

ConsVery large company, can take longer for decisions to be made. Many different teams designing the same task simultaneously. Roles can be added without additional compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure you understand your job function and how to help the people below you.

Underwriter

Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsProfessional environment, good management. The training provided was excellent and although I was experienced I was given the tools to do more than an exceptional job.

ConsAt the time there were only contracted positions available therefore there wasn't much room to grow or any stability. Several of my colleagues applied for permanent positions within the company but were not successful due to layoffs in other areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring my 18 month contract I had 3 supervisors that were all knowledgeable and professional

Bank of America has great benefits for employees. The perks are better

Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe best reason to work here are the perks. Through their community and charitable contributions, I have met a Nobel Peace Prize winner, got paid to deliver food to the elderly, and walk some great dogs! If you're on a good team, life balance is amazing!

ConsThey really should be more competitive with regard to assistant salaries/bonus. As Wall Street companies go, other brokerage houses and banks pay their assistants better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you take over someone's company - you should be in charge - not them! We were a great company without Merrill, now we're Merrill's company.

Awesome

Sales & Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsCharity Participation is awesome, career advancement, growth and global opportunities

ConsGreat Employer, Focused on family and charity in the community

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Overall, great experience but felt no room to advance.

Banking Center Manager II (Former Employee)

ProsTeam and associates worked so hard and loyalty to the bank. Knowledge and skills developed here were great for own life and future career.

ConsNo work life balance in retail and no room for advancing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more one-on-ones with your retail staff. Allow recruiters to seek for internal candidates prior to external, and not just for retail postings but for corporate ones. Lots of great talent leaves bank since no potential for movement. I have seen so many recent college graduates leave because they felt BOA wouldn't give them the time of day. Also, retail associates are sometimes working 6 days a week for 4+ weeks straight. Saturday coverage is a very touchy subject within some markets. Especially when a team is short staff, which seems to happen quite a bit. There is not enough anticipatory positions or floating retail associates for when staffing goes low. As a branch manager, I was working 8 Saturdays straight and never had a day off in the middle of the week. I understand the expectation of a BCM and appreciate it, however, your motivation and drive seems to turn negative when you have no work life balance and hardly spend time with your family.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 5,980 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.