Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,518 ratings)

5,980 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you"
    in 327 reviews
  • "Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home"
    in 181 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is very little work life balance and the pay doesn't justify the hours worked"
    in 119 reviews
  • "Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes"
    in 150 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Challenge

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsI love working with my teammates we were like a family. There were many training opportunities for different areas within the mortgage departments. You can also work one on one with your management team as well. they also believe in open door policy. I also like the fact the all departments work as a family and not against one another.

ConsThe consent layoff and changes of company policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryday is a interview. When coming with a problem always have a solution.

Great benefits

ProsGreat benefits at this company, those are the perks of working for a huge company. Generous maternity/paternity time off, adoption help, tuition reimbursement. Lots of opportunities if you know the right people and are willing to work for it.

ConsNot much room for growth if you don't network. You must network and rub elbows with the big-wigs to get noticed and take advantage of any type of opportunity since every department is tightening down on hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values, don't waste talent, encourage the talent in your subordinates and it will pay you back ten-fold.

It's like playing for the NY Yankees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWe have everything you would ever need to serve clients at the highest level and do your job. Plenty of opportunity to advance. Strong benefits package but not cheap. Top quality people.

ConsThe bank micro manages everything and everyone. Processes for accountability take away from productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better balance of holding employees accountable and giving the coaching they need to improve in their jobs.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to start a career

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for if you are looking to start an actual career, any high level person you speak to will also try to make sure that you know that this is a place to grow and develop your skills. Extremely team oriented, everything you do is a reflection of the team you are on and they stress how important it is for you to seek support from your team on multiple levels. Bank of America is extremely diverse in the backgrounds of its employees. Volunteer work is highly encouraged and you do get recognition for it and its fun!

ConsIt can be a bit stressful trying to stuff a bunch of banking rules and regulations into your head but again your team is there to help you!

One of few most interesting jobs to have.

Team Manager (Former Employee)
    Addison, TX

ProsThere are so many employees, it makes it easy to network and join professional groups. The benefits are nice and they actually start from day one.

ConsI would have to say some of the senior managers do not run operations well so therefore some of the processes fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your associates, you know the little people that actually have to deal with your customers daily.

Great Place to Work

Lead Consultant (Current Employee)
    Concord, CA

ProsTechnology, dynamicity in Business, diverse, huge potential to grow

Consnothing as of now, layoffs

Love it when I was there

Mortgage Loan Officer LOAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee)
    Richardson, TX

Prosgrowth potential, great benefits, and they set us up good when we were laid off

Constoo many layoffs and bank budget is strict

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to manage

Decent Company to Work for

Assistant Vice President; Team Manager-Help Desk (Current Employee)
    Addison, TX

ProsBenefits: 3 months paid paternity/maternity leave, 4 weeks paid vacation plus the 10 paid bank holidays plus 10 paid sick days. Have a lot of flexibility in terms of working from home.

ConsThey tend to under pay compared to the rest of the industry. They are constantly restructuring the many organizations that make up the bank. My department has changed it's name almost yearly over the last several years and the senior executive manager we report to also changes that frequently.

People trying their best, infrastructure issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHours are very reasonable with very few late nights or weekends. Flexibility is good. Promotions occur frequently. Managers care about you. Offices are nice.

ConsPay is often considered mediocre. Technology issues limit effectiveness. Trading side feels like an afterthought sometimes as compared to the consumer bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevote resources to tech infrastructure.

Before you accept an offer, find out how much the line of business has had budget challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, compensations, work-life balance, etc.

ConsIncreasing budget reductions causing waves of layoffs. Prepare carefully for retire.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 5,980 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.