Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Florida

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

262 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good company to work for

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Cape Coral, FL

Prosgreat hours and benifits really trying to be more customer oriented

Constime off you get 3 weeks when you first start whih is nice but weeks are picked by senior wmployees first and your left with all the garbage days. management is just ridiclous !! im sorry being new to the company why would you put me with a manger that has no banking experience!! when your new you need a good support team and the training not good at all get ready just to dive in and hope for the best

Advice to Senior Managementnone excpet people who have no banking background shouldnt be managers

Treats employees well

Cons Prod Strat Analyst III (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI feel like they make a pro-active effort to treat customers and employees well. There are ample opportunities for education and to hone skills all provided free of charge by the company. I have heard co-workers say that BofA is more "human" than the other big banks. I feel like I can speak up to senior management and they actually listen.

ConsBank of America is an enormous institution and of course that present problems. Sometimes it feels like bank's recent history has burned us and makes us more risk averse than we should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employees when they bring issues or opportunities to the table.

Good opportunities to grow

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFast paced environment. Good training programs for employees.

ConsThe long working hours makes the job sometimes unpleasant

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Start in the Banking Industry

Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsLearn about the banking industry and Sales environment.
    Benefits (Health, Dental, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Merchant Discounts)
    Branch environment is a typical M-F schedule, with occasional 4-5 Hour Saturdays (If a Saturday Office)
    Vacation based on position and years of service with company (2 weeks vacation when you start)
    All Federal Holidays are observed (The pay is prorated by hours depending on FTE or Part Time)

ConsCompany restructuring caused under-staffing due to position/department eliminations.
    Excessive micro-management at bank branches.
    Promotions are dependent upon region and district needs (are hard to come by)

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery employee is the face of the organization, stop micro-managing to keep the good employees that actually work.
    The organization is about the premier banking experience, so employ and develop your premier employees and eliminate those who affect the overall premier experience.

Awesome place!

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsWell known, good pay, lots of growth opportunity, amazing benefits (tuition, child care, 401k match, corporate discounts for a few), competitive environment

ConsThe job is great as long as you have a manager who isn't emotional and a drama queen- some are detrimental to their employees growth and jealousy can be apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally consider if a person is a leader or just a manager when promoting- don't let people get comfortable

Opportunities!!

Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat management and plenty of options when ready for advancement or change of career.

ConsBenefit cost increase for the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

It is a great company that has great benefits

Senior Teller (Current Employee) Brandon, FL

ProsMedical benefits
    Room for advancement
    The company is very supportive of many things

ConsOverworked
    Under payed
    Not enough time off
    Under staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a more balanced work flow. People still need to have a balanced life and more flexibility to do personal events.

Call center vs banking center

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCall center had flexible hours for your home life or banking center had regular banking hours also work from home.

ConsIf you worked in the call center you had to work nights, weekends, and holidays until your job review and your seniority would let you get a 9 to 5 schedule you got paid extra but it could work for or against your family life.

I found it rewarding to work at this company.

Data Entry (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsBest reason to work here is to gain experience and challenges.

ConsMastering the classes/lessons online was challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude your employees and make them feel appreciated.

Good Company....Constant Change

Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat Benefits
    Good employee base
    Superior training

ConsLeadership seems to change their minds every other month in regards to market leaders, there roles, the centers they lead...gets too be too much after a whole

Stressful work. They have stretched the centers so thin with employees that its difficult to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more appreciative!

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!