Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

258 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Opportunities!!

Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat management and plenty of options when ready for advancement or change of career.

ConsBenefit cost increase for the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Awesome place!

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsWell known, good pay, lots of growth opportunity, amazing benefits (tuition, child care, 401k match, corporate discounts for a few), competitive environment

ConsThe job is great as long as you have a manager who isn't emotional and a drama queen- some are detrimental to their employees growth and jealousy can be apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally consider if a person is a leader or just a manager when promoting- don't let people get comfortable

It is a great company that has great benefits

Senior Teller (Current Employee)
    Brandon, FL

ProsMedical benefits
    Room for advancement
    The company is very supportive of many things

ConsOverworked
    Under payed
    Not enough time off
    Under staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a more balanced work flow. People still need to have a balanced life and more flexibility to do personal events.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call center vs banking center

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsCall center had flexible hours for your home life or banking center had regular banking hours also work from home.

ConsIf you worked in the call center you had to work nights, weekends, and holidays until your job review and your seniority would let you get a 9 to 5 schedule you got paid extra but it could work for or against your family life.

Great learning opportunity

Operations Representative (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsOK pay, bank holidays, lots to learn if you are interested in finance/banking/accounting. Beautiful campus in Jacksonville, FL.

ConsLots of overtime expected in production environments. Scheduling time off is tricky because the bank only allows a certain amount of associates off at the same time for all sites in your department. Many people put their requests in early for Mondays, Fridays, and days around holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider a formal mentor program to help newbies who want to advance.

Good Company....Constant Change

Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat Benefits
    Good employee base
    Superior training

ConsLeadership seems to change their minds every other month in regards to market leaders, there roles, the centers they lead...gets too be too much after a whole

Stressful work. They have stretched the centers so thin with employees that its difficult to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more appreciative!

I found it rewarding to work at this company.

Data Entry (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsBest reason to work here is to gain experience and challenges.

ConsMastering the classes/lessons online was challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude your employees and make them feel appreciated.

Good job for students trying to start a career and learn more about banking.

Part Time Teller (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThe hours aren't bad except for Fridays til 6 (plus closing time usually less than 30 min). Decent pay for part-time employees as well as they offer benefits and paid vacation time for part-timers. As long as its not busy (which it usually is) it is a pleasant job to have. Great HR dept.

ConsThere are many meticulous details that go into the job as banks have many rules they need to follow (risk). I have noticed that many of the banking centers in my area are understaffed and that means more stress on the job for you. You are required to create "warm transfers" which means getting customers to sit down with a banker in order for them to obtain a revenue generating product out of them. The target can be very unrealistic to achieve. I work at a very busy branch with mainly low-income customers which means sales interactions are hard to come by. I don't if it's just my branch's neighborhood but customers can be very rude more than likely because they have bad attitudes towards banks in general. It's something that you can't let get to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis on genuine customer delight techniques. More training on products and how to actually inform the customer about how those products will benefit them. Less focus on the numbers and more on overall satisfaction of the customer.

Needs a lot of work

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Naples, FL

ProsGood pay and good benefits.

ConsTo much turn over in the branches. They need you meet your goals while you do three other jobs. Management has unrealistic goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet goals according to market history not markets 200 & 300 miles away.

Overall good working conditions, expect a lot out of people.

First Mortgage Fulfillment Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsBenefits and potential career opportunities

ConsWas laid off without warning due to market condition, but still able to post for positions and be rehired.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive in assisting associates when you have good people looking to make a move to another department.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Florida — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 258 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.