Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Georgia

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

159 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

"Frustrated" Let go after long term employment with no valid reason.

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTheir pay scale is Good!!

ConsUnfortunately you are just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more hands on with the employees.

Positive experience; people are extremely nice

Investment Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFriendly environment.
    I have not worked there for that long so I am not sure about the mobility between divisions, but it seems pretty flexible.

ConsI do not really know what is negative about working there. From my internship at PWM, I did not see anything that caused me concerns.

Its a great postion

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsThe benefits are very great

Conssitting down for long hours

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No opportunity in my location

Operations Representative (Current Employee) College Park, GA

ProsGreat benefits and a global company.

ConsI work in operations in College Park, GA. This has got to be the worst place I have ever worked. Management is incompetent, unprofessional, and they are bullies. They treat their long-term permanent employees horribly because they can fire us and bring in temporary employees and pay them pennies. There is no room to grow in Lockbox and it is almost impossible to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your permanent employees with respect. Stop bringing in temps for pennies. You get what you pay for. They are unprofessional and bring the company down. Bring in better leadership. Allow more flexibility in scheduling. It is not fair to make employees work weekends for years and bring in temps on a Mon-Fri schedule.

The Teller Experience

Teller (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe hours and benefits are great. Being off on the holidays is nice. Part-time associates are eligible for benefits.

ConsThe banking centers I have worked in are often under staffed. If you are not great at referrals/sales you will have trouble with the role. Many people get stuck in this position due to write-ups that make associates unable to apply for other positions within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp willing associates get into more suitable departments when they struggle with their role.

Opens the door to a lot of opportunities if you work hard enough

Fraud Initiation Analyst (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsIf you work hard enough and have the right people on your side you will go far. Networking is huge and requires effort and time.

ConsHUGE company, you can get stuck if you are not careful. Sometimes you are faced with very difficult goals. Individuals with power sometimes hold you back for the wrong reasons.

I worked at BOA for over 6 yrs.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat working hours and fun environment. Good advancement within company

ConsBad and poor managers. With little to no experience

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging. Trust your employees more.

Room for Improvement

Teller (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Location, Good Schedules, Good Institution & Great Benefits....

Cons1-Employees are mainly rated over sales profile, unfortunately customer service & accuracy in your performance are not fairly rated in your scoreboard.
    2- Improve their office appliances.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove their percentile in their Scoreboard.

Very Involving company

Tax Processor (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsI loved working at Bank of America due to its ability to make new employees feel welcome and part of a team.

ConsSometimes, you worked hard for pay that didn't seem fair or a little lower than you would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involved employees in current decisions to ensure everyone feels like an important member of the team.

Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis company offers good benefit

ConsThere is no job security, each day you live one the edge of being laid off.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!