Bank of America

7,519 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
3,213 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 417 reviews)

• They have a program called MyWork which allows you to work from home or from any location (in 223 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was a little tough but you are going to get that anywhere to be honest (in 180 reviews)

• upper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

195 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great benefits and salary but very difficult to meet quotas

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Marietta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very generous pay and bonuses. As a mortgage underwriter I worked long hours but was paid for the OT. I received raises yearly, and bonuses at the end of the year and for other reasons.

Cons

The industry has become extremely difficult due to government regulations which make it too time consuming to cover all the bases multiple times on every loan. The company has to go way overboard in every area to avoid being sued or fined by the government as "examples". . This translates to checklists for checklists for checklists which is extremely unproductive and actually counterproductive.

The company requires way too much training in areas that are not relevant to the position they hold. This slows production and prevents quotas being met. Train in areas that are relevant to the position and/or the person's particular areas of need.

Hire well experienced processors who take pride in their work as a springboard to becoming underwriters. Train the ones you have. That creates a future flow of knowledgeable underwriters and lessons the hassle to the borrowers. This speeds up the whole process and creates less headache for the borrowers.

Being a teller was an excellent first job, but it did get stressful

Former Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (less than a year)

Pros

BoA provides the following: great benefits, good pay, a sturdy foundation for college student seeking a job in the industry. Training is paid and thorough. You get discounts on certain things, like movie tickets. Their time-off policies are also fair. Your teammates are supportive and helpful (depending on the banking center).

Cons

Scheduling was not flexible and you constantly feel pressured to offer products to the customer. You have to be overly friendly, which seems unnecessary and annoying to the customer. If you work at an extended hours branch, you will probably not have much free time. Every banking center is different and the banking center team may either work together efficiently or not.

The HR department needs to state to potential employees whether or not scheduling will be flexible, because it creates problems later on the road. Also, some of the sales goals are overly exaggerated. Some employees have to do too much extra work if the banking center is understaffed. It is ridiculous to make someone do two different jobs and not even try to hire someone.

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Fraud Initiation Analyst I in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Fraud Initiation Analyst I in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were good. That is about it.

Cons

Environment is very depressing. I worked in ATM Debit Fraud Claim (FCI) and hated every minute of it. Worked a total of four years at this bank and three of that being in Fraud. I worked as a Teller inside the banking center the other year. Teller work was O.K. not as depressing as Fraud. The management in fraud is the worst and they destroy everyone's morale. Calls are back to back all day every day. You get counted off when you use the bathroom. It is ran like a high school basically. They prefer you ask to use the bathroom. One department does not speak to the other and basically all you do is get yelled at and cussed out all day every day from the terrible customers.

Completely re-do the entire management team and put people in their that actually care.

Worst company. Not at all what I expected, but then again, being a former mortgage customer, I should have known.

Former Employee - Customer Sales Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for the contact center in Kennesaw and I can't think of any benefits of working there.

Cons

I saw in the news feeds today that Bank of America is ranked no. 5 of the top most hated companies. Having worked there, I can see why. They do not care about the customers. I can't tell you how many calls I received in a day customers complaining about how they are treated when they call in to make payments, activate their cards or even just to simply find out what their balances were. Bank of America considers it sales, customers consider it harassment. I left because I felt their practices were unethical.

Listen to your customers. Start immediately utilizing and adhering to the feedback from COMMIT. Also, be more attentive and aware of the people you put in management positions and the reasons for it.

Instructional Designer

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with great people and benefits. There are a lot of great processes in place to ensure a smooth workflow and people are treated fairly.

Cons

The biggest challenge has been to need to do more with less. Every year it gets harder and harder.

My advice to management is to find a process that works and continue to better that process instead of every two years making a complete makeover based on the latest business trend. A departments name doesn't need to change every two years if they are still doing the same work supporting the same people.

Collector II

Former Employee - Senior Collector in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Collector in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and culture.

Cons

Upper management lacks professionalism. Employees are not encouraged to further their education.

Improve maintaining professionalism.

Great Company and Benefits

Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great benefits, enjoying working with different type of customers, I totally like my job

Cons

In my current situation management are disrespectful with each other and with others, there isn't equal treatment for everyone, even with customers.

Call Center is not professional.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexible schedule. Compensation is entry-level only.

Cons

Call center is the most unprofessional place to start working in this company. Company hires just anyone off the streets with a customer service background. Training was unprofessional and inadequate. The most work managers do are planning for activities and decorating cubicles for events or holidays...no real instruction. Call center floor is very loud with laughter, joking and music from personal radios while you are trying to speak with customers that are irate about the interruption of their credit card.

Hire managers with real managerial experience. Hire analysts with at least a 2 year college degree to ensure they have good vocabulary to speak with customers.

Sales and Service Specialist

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great Benefits, Lots of room to move up, really challenging job that gives you the ability to make decision within certain limits.

Cons

Just a lot of changes but with any company that can be expected.

Listen to your employees.

Great benefits.

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Employee friendly. Lots of training.

Cons

Layoffs. Job stability.