Bank of America

6,510 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
2,776 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 352 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home (in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it (in 138 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights

168 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a learning experience it taught me new skills that I once didn't posess i.e. opex machine

Former Employee - Lockbox Specialist  in  College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Lockbox Specialist in College Park, GA

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was introduce to corporate america, learn the meaning of a career

Cons

at this time I have no cons for i really didn't face any at my time of employment

I only wish to share that i would extent two weeks instead of one week training before putting new hires on floor

Bank of America is a good company to conduct business.

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator  in  College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in College Park, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for Bank of America is a good and productive opportunity, one learns all there is to learn about the position he or she is working and learning about other positions as well.

Cons

The downside in working with Bank of American there is really not any that I can think of at the moment. It is all what you as an individual puts in the job which in return you will receive back plus some.

No advice for management, just continue to do what you do and make sure that your employees benefit from all that they do and learn. In doing so make sure that they understand all that they are learning to the best of their ability.

Bank of america

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits.. Great benefits! opportunity to make extra money and also learn great sales techniques

Cons

Callcenter is terrible. not enough time to live. the hours are terrible they need to change them

listen to workers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I learned a great deal about the job and my self.

Former Employee - Lead Associated  in  College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Associated in College Park, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

team work, the pay, the change to move around in the company, the ability to learned different process in your department.

Cons

When management loss their prospected.

work closer with your employee and make sure your team leader remained fair to all associated

Great company for college professionals. Stay away from call center.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company perks, pay decent for call center, hours suck!

Cons

Stay away from call center. You will work all holidays even if the branches are closed including Christmas, Thanksgiving and NY. The salary BOA pays is nothing compared to how much money you the employee makes the company. You make them your salary in one day!

Closed on holidays.

It depends on the person.

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Buford, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, and lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

The people can help you or they can hurt your career.

Be more selective in hiring managers.

Broad career opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1) Bank of America's many business lines create a wealth of opportunities for eager associates. 2) Compensation packages are often on par or better than industry competitors 3) The "My Work Program" which allows select associates the option to work form a home office full time is great benefit and likely has a positive impact on retention

Cons

1) Poor leaders who lead by fear, or are generally abusive to their peers and associates, but still produce are all too often rewarded which does not encourage correction or improvement 2) Bank of America is large and has not done an effective job of instilling a consistent culture or set of values that carries through the various lines of businesses, moving from one major business unit to another can almost create a culture shock, like moving from Paris to Iran 3) The bank does not remain committed to ideas/solutions for long enough to experience all of the benefits. a) Approximately 10 years ago, Six Sigma was important and while projects management is still critical to success, a commitment to that methodology has died. b) That was followed by a bank-wide culture roll-up, "Bank of America Spirit" that emulated Walt Disney's concept of "good show", "on stage", etc; however, that too died in the vine after a relatively short time. c) In recent years, service was touted as being the "flavor" of the day; however, executive leadership in some major lines of businesses have recently decided to to change course and focus solely sales. While this approach is contrary to the bank's commitment, they have been allowed to because of positive revenue trends. So, once again, we have a bank divided.

1) People matter, instill that in your leadership and reflect that in all of your business practices. This can be done through how you show your commitment to associates and how you service customers at all levels (consumer, commercial, etc) 2) Have consistent themes and practices across lines of businesses and once the bank has committed to something, see it through until the need for it has truly passed, otherwise it weakens the adoption rate of future initiatives.

Operations

Current Employee - Parttime  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Parttime in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the benefits and bofa is everywhere

Cons

the salaries could be higher.

Wouldn't recommend it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Insurance plan, benefits and there are some great people that work there. Most offices do have a focus on giving back to the community e.g. charity work.

Cons

Management is backwards. They set unrealistic goals and if you are not at a certain level by the time you are 50, you are let go. Constant restructuring/reorganization. The dirty little secret is they don't want your business unless you are an individual with $250k+ in investable assets or a business with over $10 million in revenue.

"Frustrated" Let go after long term employment with no valid reason.

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Their pay scale is Good!!

Cons

Unfortunately you are just a number.

Be more hands on with the employees.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!