Bank of America

7,159 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
3,058 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 417 reviews)

• They have a program called MyWork which allows you to work from home or from any location (in 223 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was a little tough but you are going to get that anywhere to be honest (in 180 reviews)

• upper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

58 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Benefits

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, time-off policies, student loan reimbursements, day care reimbursements, etc. They spoil you with benefits as an employee.

Cons

leadership; extremely strict guidelines on restroom use, customer interaction, etc. The sales goals are unrealistic and most of them can't be controlled. You're limited to how much traffic comes through the door, and even then it's mostly repeating customers.

better management. Need to review goals with each person individually. Don't try to "hack" the system.

constantly changing, so if like change, this is the place to work.

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Easy to move up, do your job, and consistently talk to your manager about your goals, and they will help you. We also have 360 degree coaching, meaning that if you see someone, including your manager doing something incorrectly, you can coach them with no consequences.

Cons

Seniority rules. The people that worked longer with the bank get first dibs on the vacation schedule, meaning that the time you get your chance to pick, all the holidays are taken. There used to be some great bonuses, but they got rid of them.

Management is okay, I just wish that some of the policies about vacation could be adjusted.

Great work experience.

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great opportunity to grow in company. Company values customer growth and diversity. Great benefits.

Cons

Excessive driving was required for the job. Lots of movement of employees so relationships are broken.

Loved my coworkers.....mixed feelings about company and policies

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Coworkers were absolutely amazing. I was a teller and everything was all about REFERRALS. Weekly meetings on how to get referrals. Tried to make it seem like they cared about the customers, but it was all so the manager wouldn't get in trouble from the higher up so they could get their bonuses.

Cons

Glorified retail position. If you don't like pestering people into signing up for products they don't need and don't want, then don't work here.
    NO OVERTIME. So much so that the district manager would make us take any overtime we had (example 2 hours) and make us apply it to our lunch breaks. So basically we had times when we had to work overtime , didn't get paid and then they wanted us to spread it out over the week by adding it to our lunch breaks. Can't wait for the class action lawsuit paperwork for this BS practice.

If people work overtime PAY THEM! Don't make them add it to their lunch breaks or leave early on Fridays.

TOS

Former Employee - TOS in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - TOS in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Support Lines to help us out on anything!

Cons

Stressful! In charge of everything that happens behind the teller line!

Hire 2 Teller Managers at every center!

Good place to work, wish the tellers could get bonuses because they have to sell the product.

Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, move up really quick and office hours.

Cons

Tellers have to sell as much as personal bankers and sales associates but you don't get any bonuses as a teller just your minimum base.

Personal banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The starting pay for personal banker is very good including your bonus. The dress code is not very strict. You are able to request any day you want off as long as you get to the book first.

Cons

The sales goals can be very overwhelming when you are in a banking center with little foot traffic. You are expected to meet your goals regardless of your vacation you maybe on the traffic in the center.

Lack of Information during Hiring Process

Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America (less than an year)

Pros

Current employees have worked for company for a long time and seem to profess of career opportunities.

Cons

Would not provide job position salary range; very secretive during the hiring process; not friendly and did not provide many options

Good as a student job

Former Employee - Professional Teller in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Professional Teller in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You don't need experience, they will train you. Colleagues are supportive. Everything is very organized.

Cons

Too much work for the salary. Take forever to move up.

Promote competent employees.

Great company but too much work for the compensation.

Former Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It has great benefits, great hours, good vacation time, overall good work life balance.

Cons

Too many things to do and more keeps getting added ever so often while staff down sizes. company sparing every penny, they care more about their revenue than employees.

Very poor management in some branches, in most cases every branch you go to has different ways of doing things so you can never be to sure of knowing anything.. Though to move up the latter if no one is willing to help.