Bank of America

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good if you are at senior level

Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThey have good benefits, 12 week paternity leave, 100% 401k matching for first 5%, 2% additional matching. Very good telecommuting program.

ConsThere is a serious traffic jam on the corporate ladder. Don't hope too much to move up. Instead try to move up by moving around in the company. A lot of red tap, although they are trying to streamline the entire company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a bank, its employees are it's assets. Don't let your assets be a drag on the balance sheet, instead nurture them and give them real opportunity. Implement a internal job portal. What we have currently seems like it's just a formality.

teller

Teller (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsYou have great opportunity to advance if you want to stick around in the next 3-10+ years. Like any other customer service jobs, you get to see different people and talk to them. Some of the customers are really nice and we usually had a great time talking when doing transactions

ConsIt really depend on the managers, if your manager is really good and knows how to be a leader, you will have a great time. However, vice versa, some of my friends left the company within 2 months because he/she couldnt stand the manager.

Advice to Senior Managementmore communications overall inside the bank are needed. Since the HR department is not easy to reach, managers need to be more caring to their people.

Challenging organization with many process improvement opportunities bringing job satisfaction

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsTraining, teamwork, partnership, communication and rewards

ConsNot completing projects that add value to the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unpaid Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat Place to start. Great connections with company.

ConsNo pay for interns in the department

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us

Former AVP/Product Marketing Manager I in Insurance Services

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsExcellent compensation and benefits, great volunteer program, overall a wonderful company to work for. I wish I still worked there!

ConsThe company failed to effectively integrate into the Bank of America culture those companies it acquired through various buyouts. The division in which I worked bore very little resemblance to what I I was introduced to during my orientation. In fact, I found myself working with people from two different company cultures, neither of which had the sense of balance or enthusiasm that Bank of America demonstrates in its orientation training. Extremely inflexible culture within their in-house advertising agency (which originated within an East Coast bank with a far more rigid culture). I found the inflexibility and rigid demands too much and, unfortunately, lost my job. I would love to work for Band of America again, but not within one of its acquired companies!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen acquiring companies, make it clear that they are part of Bank of America and need to adapt to BofA's culture, which stresses more balance and rewards.

Good place to work while in school.

Teller (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

Prosgreat place to work when in school because of the tuition reimbursement

Consmanagers are often incompetent and dont listen to lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a better leader and not just a manager.

Fair and Mellow

Senior Operations Project Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsWork experience differs greatly between Lines of Business and managers. My experiences is great with diligent and fair management and good compensation, but have heard horror stories from other employees. My Work (working from home) is a nice perk some positions can take advantage of. Make sure you get along well with your direct before getting into new positions.

ConsNYSE: BAC... Facilities are uninspiriting / depressing...Old employees with grim outlook...Getting responses from employees that role up to a different management team...incompetence is ignored

Advice to Senior ManagementBAC is facing many headwinds but should be able to come out without too much damage. Get our Legacy Issues behind us and focus on client integration. The customer experience needs to either be segmented (like old navy, gap and banana) or standardized across all LOBs. (I.e. Merrill Private wealth clients need to know they can go into branches and be treated with the same level of service or provide that service in another location)

Management only cares about profit

Banking Center Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsAbility to have a semi-flexible schedule

ConsManagement touts customer service values, but all they really care about is making the most amount of money at the expense of others.

It was a good place to work during college but not a career choice for me.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThey have really great benefits, I didn't have to be employed for a year to have two weeks paid vacation, health benefits, 401 K, premium Bank of America products, tuition reimbursement ect.

ConsAs a Teller or Personal Banker we are required to say cheesy lines like, "I'd love to help you here" or "Thanks for banking with us, keep us in mind for your future banking needs", to EVERY customer. In addition to that we are paid HORRIBLE for the amount of work and stress we deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment

Good College Job

Teller and Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsI'd say Bank of America is a good place to work if and only if you are a college student. Schedule is flexible as long as you give them notice before hand. Required to work saturdays if you are part time. 2 weeks paid vacation is a plus.

Salary is competitive. I started from $10 and was raised to $14 in one years time. Key is to meet quarterly goals and you have to DEMAND for it. I was about to leave for another bank but they raised my pay so i stayed. If you do good they'll do a lot of things in your favor.

Benefits are excellent. Covers dental, health, insurance. Again I stress it is only a good job if you are a student. Bank of America pays $5200 a year for tuition reimbursement. You just have to be working at "meets expectations" and manager will approve it without second thoughts.

Wear your own suit to work is a plus. I know Chase has those ugly blue shirts and I sympathize with them.

ConsSales sales sales. If you are not good at sales you will suffer. Managers breathe down your neck every second. Mark my words. Expect to do a lot of sales in this position. This is not a position to be if you are uncomfortable with sales. I've seen 2 employees getting fired in 1 month for not meeting their monthly goal. Some managers will have you stay on Saturday afternoons to do cold calling to meet your goals.

Stupid guidelines: no water at desk. C'mon, I'm a teller, I speak to 30 customers per hour. I need my water.

Career advancement is tiny. If you are looking to break into the finance industry, this is not the job. Once you are in retail banking, you are stuck here. A lot of people have the concept that as long as I perform well being a personal banker, I can get licensed and become a financial advisor. WRONG. If you do something great you'll be doing it FOREVER. After being stuck at the PB job for 5 years, I quit and got hired at UBS as a financial advisor. They even asked me why I was still a PB with all the credentials on my resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more aware of the talents in their banking centers. I've seen a teller with excellent sales skills stuck being a teller for 5 years, while the manger's buddy gets promoted with questionable sales numbers.

Keep the compensation package, it's what's keeping your good employees after the revised shitty incentive program.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Irvine, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.