Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

112 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Vice President - Constant Change - Mediocre Opportunities

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, 4 weeks of vacation

ConsBonuses are a joke

Base pay below average

Heavy on middle management, lack of junior staff to delegate work to

It's nearly impossible to move up a BAND level within your own team. Most be proactive and look around.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are on track to create value to shareholders. Should offer a better incentive program to employees to motivate us to do better/more. Just trying to 'not get laid off' isn't a great motivator or sustainable long term.

My experience at Bank of America was a journey of knowledge.

Loan Operation Banking (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsAn opportunity for upward mobility and enhanced knowledge.

ConsLong hours could be required but worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to educate your employees

Software QA Role in Mortgage Technology

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou get to work from HOME after working at the bank for one year.
    No one micro manages you
    Bank Holidays + Vacation time = 26 days off a year, you also get sick days
    Salary is fair to good depending on the specific job role
    I would recommend this job to a friend if I knew they wanted to work in technology and 100% from home and needed flexibility.

ConsNot a lot of employee engagement unless you are at a executive level
    No real employee perks other than associate banking
    Not a lot of opportunity for horizontal or vertical movement within the bank, if you want to get a big raise, you are better of switching companies.
    They are super cheap when it comes to bonuses and raises unless you are a TOP executive
    Not a lot of great training opportunities to advance your career unless your at a VP level or greater

Advice to Senior ManagementMy team and manager are great, if it was not for them I would of quit a long time ago so I cant complain about them. As for upper management and HR, they need to do a better job of tracking good talent at the bank. A lot of other companies value there top employees and will do a lot to keep them. But the bank views everyone as expendable so even if you shine don't expect much from them. Most of there profits have come from cutting cost which affects employees (not a increase in business or revenue.)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent benefits, pay is little below market, telecommuting, hard to advance, you are a number.

Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits are top notch as 4 weeks vacations, a lot of holidays, working from home, great flexibility, military friendly, they pay full time the 2 weeks of reserve AT.

ConsExtremely highly regulated, poor project management, project managers are temps that don't know people and applications that are managing, no room for movement to other departments (at least in my unit), no training is provided to expand knowledge, never worked less than 9 hours per day, too many foreigners, mostly from India, working like robots create a serious work/life management issue. It's a big corporation, you are just a number. They hire and you fire you at will. Again, this is my experience in the Global Operations and Technologies in the mortgage and insurance.
    Salary is below the market rate, however the benefits can offset that.
    They keep "re aligning" the company, with a lot of lay offs and I personally changed manager 5 times in two years, harassed by one, not a stable place to work for sure.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was "suggested" by my manager that I either give up my personal life and work my soul out or I better forget about any promotion or bonus.

Great company for experience

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place to learn and network

ConsVery very difficult to move up the corporate ladder. You need connections.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within if the employee has shown growth.

Pretty good as long as your commited

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Proscareer growth- endless opportunities as long as you dedicate the time.

Conswork - life balance, might need to expand this area more

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the ones on the bottom. The ones who actually talk to the cutomers on a daily basis.

Lockbox Service

Lockbox Service (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI like this job, because it provided me many work that like to do, such check processing, sorting, data entry, mailing, scanning and printing.

ConsTried to work very care full and none error and work as fast as I could., to get 100% maximum. Or at least get slower to get error free.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf some time I get in trouble, that some of the problem I couldn't design by my self, I would go to the supervisor or the leader who would be responsible.

Great Company

Senior Operations Representative (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery good benefits and pay

Consno challenges in my opinion

Mortgage Servicing Specialist

Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosmany supports, opportunities, cooperations; great place to learn social and people skills

Conspolitics; expect open-mind leadership who can listen and accept suggestions.

Advice to Senior Managementget orgnized and learn new technology

Technology and customer service needs improvement

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsPaid holidays including Columbus Day was honored by this bank. Also, the weekend hours are better than others...Saturdays they close at 2pm. However, this didn't help improve the overall customer satisfaction for the company itself. I really liked the Recognition Rewards Program that they implemented. It's nice to know that recognition could be in a form of points that could be used towards an online shopping mall exclusively for Bank of America employees.

ConsThere are huge areas of improvement in being organized as a company. The bank itself typically would not have a unanimous answer for certain inquiries made by clients specially after the 2007-2008 housing market crash. I also wished that dress code was strictly implemented. Not necessarily having employees wear uniforms but a straightforward manual regarding what's professional and what is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementI felt like the company had too much clutter as far as sponsorships like the Los Angeles Dodgers. Thousands of dollars are spent to create promotional goods for the sake of sponsorship but fell short into actually taking care of client's and employee's needs. In other words, take care of your own (employees) first (before others) and they will take care of you (the bank).

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 112 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.