Bank of America

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very stressful Customer Service Position

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Rio Rancho, NM

ProsDecent pay, excellent benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, the training is excellent and very detailed, along with a good transitional period from training to the floor with highly skilled and knowledgeable upper-level associates, nice people to work with, you will live for that really pleasant customer interaction where they will love and praise you to balance out the not-so-great ones. The management team really tries to show their appreciation and praise you when you are doing a great job with the customers.

ConsSome of the challenges I faced were: none of the schedules were ideal, this is not a 9-to-5 job. You are either scheduled early morning or late in the evening, and it is nearly impossible to change once you are locked in. While I was there, they did a shift bid and I ended up with a worse schedule than I had before, and no hope of appeal even though several of us complained. Not being sour grapes, just stating the reality of things. It is a highly stressful job and you are expected to be a robot and do everything perfectly every time following each step or you will get written up. A lot of information to keep in your head and process while trying to remain engaged and friendly with the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an advocate for your associates, and not just your subordinate managers. I don't know how many times I felt powerless because upper management would side with my manager and not me. Once, while meeting with my manager and his manager over a call review, my manager was rude and downright flippant to me, and the unit manager just allowed it to happen like this was the normal way to talk to employees. Trust that your employees are smart enough to do their jobs and are capable of performing without 5,000 rules to follow and being treated like children, called into the office and written up for every minor infraction. Also, keep some consistency in which rules will incur harsher penalties if not abided by. I also felt like I was put at a disadvantage when I started because I changed managers every three months. More consistency across the board would allow your employees to have more faith in the organization.

Offers great opportunities

Teller (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsBenefits, availability to advance, salaries, and lots of great programs to help you be successful in making a career for yourself.

ConsVacation and schedule. Schedule can change pretty much day to day, and hard to plan any type of appointments for yourself and family. Would be better if you could have a consistent schedule. Seniority comes before the time you request. If you got a day off already approved, someone with more seniority can come later and they will change it for them. Regardless

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have management training. They promote from within which is great but not everyone has the natural capabilities to manage people

Had a great team, straight-forward training, good working environment

Teller (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsI had great teams to train me and get me started on the teller line. The training was about one month (longer if needed as it was mostly self-motivated) and easy to follow and understand. I applied for this job because I had heard banks and credit unions had good working environments, which is definitely the case. The referrals side if the job is not difficult as long as you are comfortable selling to customers a little.

ConsPart time instead of full time. Quality of the team varies by banking center-unfortunately no guarantee.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very welcoming and great place to work

Albuquerque, NM

ProsThe people I work with are very friendly. Excellent training in place to help me succeed. Great opportunities to move up.

ConsLarge company which makes it a little harder to get recognized. You will work more hours the higher you get promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak some of the news to the employees first, such as new fees, policies, etc... It is tough when a customer comes in asking about fees that none of us heard about except the customer who saw it on good morning america.

Excellent starting position for college graduate.

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Las Cruces, NM

ProsGood training. Great sales experience. Wonderful promotion opportunities.

ConsIncompetent Branch level management. Management will put all the pressure to reach goals on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBank of America should not hesitate to let go of incompetent branch managers who consistently do not meet the branch goals or internal audits.

Worked to the Bone, with no advancement or mentorship

Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsI suppose everyone needs to eat and have a roof over their heads. This is one way to get it.

ConsThe obsessive compulsive sales culture of this company ignores growing its associates and instead pays for other firms to do it. This bank is a very hungry demon hell bent on having every financial product you could want housed under one roof. Associates are forced to sell accounts clients don't need.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy do you not mentor your young people to do better in their jobs? Your personal bankers are crying out to do something different and better everyday. Your sales culture causes a lot of employees to become bitter, quickly tired, and leave because of the monotony and stress. What do you gain by treating your people like that?

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in New Mexico — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.