Bank of America

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This has been a good place for me. Strong benefits and opportunity to move around and advance.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company is everywhere so great chances to move around.

ConsPeople can get packaged at any time and that is unsettling to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter talent Managment.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Teller Position

Teller (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Bank of America part-time for more than a year

ProsThey promote from within often. Lots of branches, if you are willing to relocate you can move up quickly.

ConsToo many tellers, hours variable. Sometimes I got 40 hours, other times as little as 18. Good for during school, but not the most steady income. Sometimes customers upset with bank's policies and you have to deal with it. At times there were not enough tellers to serve all of the people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the management work out front with the customers when busy.

company focused on profit and profit alone

Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood co-workers, enjoyed helping customers and coaching tellers

Consemployee treatment, overworked tellers, low pay, always pushing sales

Advice to Senior Managementdo better job in appointing store managers

Was exciting and challenging, had dreams of acheiving more,till I had a change of department. The dream was lost.

Deposit Escalation (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits, madical, with growth and oppertunities- was till last year. Trainings are the one of the worst. Trainers are not concerned with the completition of the training nor how much was absorbed, nor interestewd on if the trainees had a feel of the subject. Once in a while one is lucky with a very matured and understanding trainer, whose look out is having the subject registered to the student.
Also training rooms are exceptionally kept cold, though the outside temperature is very freezing. The training rooms are never cleaned, so one can easily catch sever sinus infections. The temperature is never reduced, even on request and excuses are easily provided.

ConsOne has to be constantly batteling to keep ones job going. Which can effect health and performences.Personal growth is limited now then it was last 3-4years back. Manger advising to take sick leave and then denying to pay, then using it to effect performances and terminations. So time off policies are tricky.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment needs to know that the platform they are on are held together by the employees. Managers need to realise that and not to use partiallity, discrimination on age, sex and ethnecity for termination to save the companys funds and deprive the employee of their financial rights. Instead to go by the emplyee's work ethics, history and character. Also taking advantage of employess health, mental and personal situations to sabbotage their performences. They need to be pointed out that that their position depends on these employees , to work with their potentials and not sabbotage that to stamp them as unproductive and prepare them to walk the plank of termination.They may rejoice on feeling successful on their acheivments but they are leaving ugly scars on the work experiences of the employees, which take them long to heal. Also managers manager are allways unaware of what is going on behind their closed doors,since they are only concerned on what the managers are brining to their table, not how but what.Since they want to look good in the eyes of their supervisors.

Do more for less

Vice President Unit Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat place to start your career and develop into a great banker.

ConsNo upward mobility once you get to a Band 5 or 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote diversity and inclusion and find a way to cross polinate leadership across different businesses.

Lack Luster Leaders

Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

ProsBank of America truly has wonderful benefits and great reimbursement offers for daycare and schooling. They have toastmaster clubs and in house events that involve networking that are stellar.

ConsToo many employees are there to collect paychecks. With that said, there seems to be more managers than those employees that promote just being there "for a paycheck". They've lost touch with what it means to lead and influence others in a productive manner because generally speaking, they've lost touch with their clients. It's especially sad for me to look back on; you see my background is management and my job was to drive customer service into the minds of employees for such a long career previous to this job..... then to switch industries and realize how lost in reality so many employees at Bank of America are as to growing a business, upholding the brand and executing great service. It just doesn't click for them and upper management doesn't want to rock the boat.

Advice to Senior ManagementFall in love with your Job again. Not because it's a Job, but because it's a career and because it's a Service* to your customers!

You have an opportunity to challenge yourself and succeed

Production Support Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe environment is ever changing and adaptive. Taking a hard look internally on improving the customer experience by making it easier for associates to do their job.

ConsTalent is curtailed and lost in the shuffle. Telecommuting has been reprioritized and no longer perceived as a value-added benefit to employees. Downsizing continues to occur unexpectedly displacing strong and experienced leaders.

Rewarding

Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent in house training opportunities.

ConsCorporate re-structures, jobs eliminated every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of retaining valuable associates.

Mortgage Servicing Specialist Lead

Mortgage Service Specialist Lead (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDevelopment of skills and areas of opportunity

ConsLimited advancement opportunities on certain sides of the business

Great company to work for

Team Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCareer development opportunities. Competitive pay. Great benefits. Co-workers are among some of the best folks around. Promotions from within the company are the norm

ConsThere really aren't too many cons when it comes to getting in to the bank. Some areas within the company can become very "micro-managed", however that has more to do with the particular leader in the division, rather than the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to upper management would be to ensure we find the best fit for a competent employee. If they are struggling in a particular role due to a particular metric, work towards placing them in a better area to fit their skill-set, rather than "managing them out".

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 136 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.