Bank of America

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

72 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company to work for.

Senior Fraud Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBank of America knows how to treat their employees: great benefits, lots of employee activities, and the bank really applauds volunteer work and allots work hours to complete volunteer events.

ConsTakes a while to move into management. Lower wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the Rewarding Success yearly bonus and don't worry about providing dividends to stock holders.

Good

Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthe company has pretty decent benefits.

Conspay is based on percentage so if you start low you will never get a decent pay increase even if you are a top performer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees with real career advancement and pay based on performance not based on a percentage.

Stay away

Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

ProsThey tend to pay a higher than industry average wage for the branch associates.

ConsThis place is ultra sensitive when it comes to any negative comments by customers or negative press. They are in the middle of serious cut backs as the current CEO is trying to undo the damage from the previous CEO. The staff who have been in the branch the longest are slow to embrace the change and tend to look at outsiders with a negative eye.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your best employees even if they are new to the company.

They have grown to be a better place to work.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have great benefits, child care & tuition reimbursement banking and mortgage discounts.

ConsI feel that if you have reached a salary cap then come time for budget cuts then those of us making a decent salary are the ones to go so they can bring in new people for less cost, not cool.

This has been a good place for me. Strong benefits and opportunity to move around and advance.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company is everywhere so great chances to move around.

ConsPeople can get packaged at any time and that is unsettling to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter talent Managment.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

company focused on profit and profit alone

Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood co-workers, enjoyed helping customers and coaching tellers

Consemployee treatment, overworked tellers, low pay, always pushing sales

Advice to Senior Managementdo better job in appointing store managers

Was exciting and challenging, had dreams of acheiving more,till I had a change of department. The dream was lost.

Deposit Escalation (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits, madical, with growth and oppertunities- was till last year. Trainings are the one of the worst. Trainers are not concerned with the completition of the training nor how much was absorbed, nor interestewd on if the trainees had a feel of the subject. Once in a while one is lucky with a very matured and understanding trainer, whose look out is having the subject registered to the student.
Also training rooms are exceptionally kept cold, though the outside temperature is very freezing. The training rooms are never cleaned, so one can easily catch sever sinus infections. The temperature is never reduced, even on request and excuses are easily provided.

ConsOne has to be constantly batteling to keep ones job going. Which can effect health and performences.Personal growth is limited now then it was last 3-4years back. Manger advising to take sick leave and then denying to pay, then using it to effect performances and terminations. So time off policies are tricky.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment needs to know that the platform they are on are held together by the employees. Managers need to realise that and not to use partiallity, discrimination on age, sex and ethnecity for termination to save the companys funds and deprive the employee of their financial rights. Instead to go by the emplyee's work ethics, history and character. Also taking advantage of employess health, mental and personal situations to sabbotage their performences. They need to be pointed out that that their position depends on these employees , to work with their potentials and not sabbotage that to stamp them as unproductive and prepare them to walk the plank of termination.They may rejoice on feeling successful on their acheivments but they are leaving ugly scars on the work experiences of the employees, which take them long to heal. Also managers manager are allways unaware of what is going on behind their closed doors,since they are only concerned on what the managers are brining to their table, not how but what.Since they want to look good in the eyes of their supervisors.

Do more for less

Vice President Unit Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat place to start your career and develop into a great banker.

ConsNo upward mobility once you get to a Band 5 or 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote diversity and inclusion and find a way to cross polinate leadership across different businesses.

Rewarding

Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent in house training opportunities.

ConsCorporate re-structures, jobs eliminated every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of retaining valuable associates.

You have an opportunity to challenge yourself and succeed

Production Support Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe environment is ever changing and adaptive. Taking a hard look internally on improving the customer experience by making it easier for associates to do their job.

ConsTalent is curtailed and lost in the shuffle. Telecommuting has been reprioritized and no longer perceived as a value-added benefit to employees. Downsizing continues to occur unexpectedly displacing strong and experienced leaders.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees.