Bank of America

3.2 6,136 reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,597 ratings)

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 352 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home (in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it (in 138 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights
6,136 Employee Reviews

Excellent Benefits and Career Opportunities

Human Resources (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsExcellent benefits, ability to work from home in some positions, 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave, advancement opportunities, competitive compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, back up child care program, company discounts, etc.

ConsThe environment and culture are definitely big corporate. Sometimes you can feel like just a number. To work here you have to be very comfortable with constant change. Work/life balance is encouraged but it is still a stressful environment with an emphasis on production.

It is the worst !!!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThey actually have no pros. Simple as that

ConsThey don't help you out for nothing. All they seem to do is make situations worse.

Overall - good

ProsWork-Life Balance; flexibility, work from home option; benefits,; nice people for the most part

Consno room for personal growth, raises and bonuses are pitiful

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

Teller (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits, love working for the company, lots of upward movement

ConsManagement is clicky in the banking centers. "Goals" keep rising and become unattainable, so you can feel like you're failing, even if you are doing everything right. They always have something to "coach" you on, sometimes stretching it to find something. Teller positions are going away though, my current position is being threatened to go to PT or even away completely.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair. AM's should NOT be best friends with a teller/banker. Favoritism is abundant.

excellent company to be a part of

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Brea, CA

ProsExcellent benefits and an overall great company to work for. Although the wage rate seems to be lower than other banks, other things such as the company's culture definitely make up for it.

ConsPromote more from within the company rather than hiring from outside the company. Nothing more is to be said in regards to the cons at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom my experience, I've had the opportunity to work with some of the greatest managers

boa review

Account Specialist III (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

Prosworked with outstanding people in a department envirement

Consupper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys

Advice to Senior Managementconcern yourself with your employees more than worry about making quotas

Great company to work for!

Vice President (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to work for overall ! Company provides great benefits, flexible hours, career growth opportunities, listens to employees, provides training, cares about customers, provides great value to share holders, and poised for growth.

ConsTypical issues for any financial company

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the path forward with great discipline

I loved working there

Welcome Calling (Former Employee) Beachwood, OH

ProsThe benefits are awesome, the people are, awesome , the company is very family oriented and they have much compasion when it comes to family issues... i worked there for 15 yrs..I wish I could have retired from there.. any manager I had was great...and thy were there for me when I needed help personally and profesionally..I miss all of you guys at bofa

ConsThe only con I wish I still worked there...but at our site unfortunatly we got caught up in a down sizing...but even then bof was still very good to us...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being family oriented..keep showing your employees you care...keep up how quickly you can advance and keep those awesome benefits and keep showing your employees how much you care about them

Good so Far

Sales & Service Specialist (Current Employee) East Providence, RI

ProsTwo weeks paid vacation, Good bonus Potential.

Consalot of information to learn in a Short training period.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire candidates with more experience.

Thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of America for over 30 years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany strives to ensure that employees' well being is considered and addressed in all aspects of decision making.

ConsBenefit packages are less attractive than those offered previously.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!