Bank of America

3.2 6,069 reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,565 ratings)

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

6,069 Employee Reviews

Good work, decent pay, work life balance

Lead Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood work, decent pay, work life balance

ConsBureaucracy, slow growth, restrictions like no camera mobile phones allowed inside office

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on merit not period of time worked, allow smart phones at work

My experiences working with Bank of America.

SharePoint Site Developer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery nice work environment and co-workers are all skilled professionals. Provides the ability to grow from within.

ConsSome managers are more accessible than others, when a team member needs to communicate potential issues. Also parking uptown to access assigned work locations are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementConvert more contractors to FTE employees rather than re-hiring as contractors on different contracts.

I rate Bank of America as outstanding. My disability allowed me to continue my regular life despite my injuries. I was

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsThey have very good benefits. The pay is avg and if you need time off, it's available

ConsIf you're willing to put forth 110% effort, many promotions are available. It is the manager and yourself responsible for your training. Use appropriate channels if your not being trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust ensure that every branch is covered so they don't get behind. Personell should have a file of applicants they could hire for another branch but the employee wants to work at a specific branch closer to home.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company to work for

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Cape Coral, FL

Prosgreat hours and benifits really trying to be more customer oriented

Constime off you get 3 weeks when you first start whih is nice but weeks are picked by senior wmployees first and your left with all the garbage days. management is just ridiclous !! im sorry being new to the company why would you put me with a manger that has no banking experience!! when your new you need a good support team and the training not good at all get ready just to dive in and hope for the best

Advice to Senior Managementnone excpet people who have no banking background shouldnt be managers

Work review

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsQualified leadership, very low risk appetite, flexible working conditions, relatively good compensation package. Lots of accountability for managment of funds, schedule, and resources. Very good company to work for if you are female or a protected minority.

ConsNot much consistency between appointing people to backfill vacancies and posting these positions. Very difficult to navigate the political structure of the organization.

Good.

Consultant - Applications Programming (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice place. Good mix of technology. Lot to learn.

ConsDidnt find anything to worry about.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good place to work

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsGreat benefits, good pay, great growth opportunity

ConsPointless sales, terrible back office support

Advice to Senior Managementgrow back bone

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible, good work life balance, nice people

ConsToo many levels, difficult to advance for some

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Challenging and engaging work

Technical Operations Project Analyst (Former Employee) Plano, TX

Prosgreat sense of internal and external community involvement.
    Policies and ethics

ConsLittle training relevant to actual tasking.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal moves or "re=purpose" your employees instead of laying them off (especially the ten year plus groups)

Amazing

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing, would never work any where else

ConsAmazing, would never work any where else

Advice to Senior ManagementAmazing, would never work any where else

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!