Bank of America Reviews

6,822 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
2,917 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 408 reviews)

• They have a program called MyWork which allows you to work from home or from any location (in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance seems to be skewed towards work side more often than not (in 171 reviews)

• upper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

Teller

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at BOA! BOA was vary face paced and the employees were a great joy to work with. You had to be very detailed ordinated and able to work under a lot of stress. At BOA you could learn lots of other responsibilities if you were willing to step forward and take charge in learning. I loved being able to learn new things and doing several daily tasks that weren't just in my job description. If you showed that you were willing to be a leader and learn different things there was opportunity to grow within the company. Best place I were worked!!

Cons

Only cons were having to sell produces while working in the drive-thru window a lone and having to meet a referral quota.

We had a great manager!! If we meet our quota we got a bonus and management was very understanding about having to leave early if we had children or other personal appointments. Management was always willing to help everyone succeed in training and meeting our personal quotas.

Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Full benefits start at only part-time employment status. Tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, and employee discounts.

Cons

Typical retail bank experiences driven to meet sales and customer satisfaction.

Loved working for BOFA

Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Started as 20HR teller, full-time 30. Vault, then Senior Teller. I left for about a year so I can pursue real estate. I then returned back home (BOFA) and was almost immediately promoted to TOS. I didm;t mind the pay wasn't so I great. I was part of a remarkable team.

Cons

The pay could be more. After Edgar left, the Banking Center went to crap, Audits were 2 while I was on leave. If you get a 2 on an audit, the BCM should be thrown out head first.

Get it right. We did...
    Left in 09'

Great place to work

Former Employee - Security in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people forward think company overall work environment very positive. Recommend this company to people looking.

Cons

Salary a little low however, there is room for advancement as it it a very large company and many positions are available

Try to be more competitive on salary

Provisioned/Deprovisioned users access to Multiple applications/systems on various platforms in RBAC environemnet

Former Employee - Systems/Data Security Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems/Data Security Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very pleasant experience, excellent management and the whole team. Entire system was very well organized.

Cons

Unfortunetly they could not hire me permanenetly due to lack of funding at the time.

Excellent benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Caring to their employees, especially if you show effort and initiative. The opportunity for growth.

Cons

My biggest challenge was the constant push to meet sales goals, especially because that is not my strongest attribute.

People like to learn. I suggest teach them and don't only look at the numbers. The more you educate your employees and offer them guidance, the better they will perform. And make sure they are rewarded and feel valuable to the team.

Opportunity to explore multiple areas

Current Employee - Vice President Process Design Consultant I in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My Work program - allows telecommuting for part or all of the time.
    Discounts for pc purchases, amusement park tickets
    Benefits are good and management is good about being flexible on personal time out of the office

Cons

Work life balance is sometimes forgotten or not taken into account. Alot of red tape to get processes approved
    Sneior leaders change frequently and each one shakes up the organization with so many changes and lay offs - very discouraging and frustating at times - it makes it difficult to get the work done

Listen to your employees - continue My Work

Bank of America compare to other Companies

Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist III in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist III in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Health care, dental care and vision. They also help you with paying for child care. The have great discount for fitness, movies tickets, sports tickets and much more.

Cons

As any other companies there is always opportunities to become better in the business world. Example the channel of communication.

Normal ups and downs of the Corporate World

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and good salary.

Cons

No room to move up in the company. Lack of job security.

Realize that Associates are what makes the business run. Realize that they have ideas and important input.

Best place to work

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Colleague, Management has been very supportive,

Cons

Lay offs is a major thing .. While the term "right sizing" is loosely used, job security is one Con. Pay can be better