Bank of America

3.2 6,086 reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

(2,572 ratings)

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

6,086 Employee Reviews

Very Good.

Team Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsBOA is really a nice place to work, team spirit is widely promotes. Benefits are very good. Retirment plans are incouraged. Salaries are on the high end. They have a set of core values that promote a nice culture. Managers are evaluated by their associates which "usually" weeds out poor management. In my case I received 100 percent associate surveys whsich means my teams were very happy with my management style. My Unit Managers style was very different than mine and I was actually terminated because of a minor oversight that occured duing a very difficult divorce. But that doesn't change my oppinion of the corporations. I enjoyed working there and I enjoyed the BOA culture. BOA strives to ensure employee, customer, and stock holder satisfaction. A very very dificult balance but the core values set the tone, my favorite retention of the the very best associates. I do not know of any other comapny that makes that statemen AND follows throuh on it but BOA does for the most part. My situation being the exception.

ConsCustomer service call centers are on the weak side. Resolving an issue almost always takes several deapartment transfers and/or multiple calls. In additon the customer usually receives misinformation because of the high turn over in the customer servce support area. My suggestion to all callers is ask the representative how long they have been with the bank and request a more seasoned rep if need be. Not always a supervisor because they are not on the phones and would not have the same knowledge as a seasoned representastive with years of problem research and resolve experience.

Fees are a con for BOA their fee structure is designed to create revenue moreover discouraging poor financial management. In my oppinion a banks fee scale should generate revenue but should also penalize poor finacial management to promote the better financial well being for the customer. Managers are strongly urged not to wave penalties if the erro was not the banks fault; however, most are BOA's fault for not "educating" the customer on the banks policies. The customer is most often educated by trial and error. If an account has been opened less than six months the manager should have the option of waiving up to three fees but also required to "educate" the customer on their policies. If an account has been opened for more than five years then three fees should waived. If the customer has multiple relationships then then the managers should have the authority to waive up to three fees with out question. Branch Managers need to be impowered so the customers feel like the bank mananger is someone of power not just another suit with their hands tied up in policies they have no authority to munipulate to service the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting the steadfast core values on all levels it really does make BOA a desirable place to work. Happy employees will always strive to make the customer experience a good one which it turns results in happy investors. Just my thoughts.

Great Place to Work

ProsCareer oppurtuinities, great peoples, terrific benefits,

ConsThe uncertainty with the Fed makes the outlook bleek in the near future.

Best company to work for

Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsBank of America is simply the best place to work! Their active in our community, the Benefits are excellent .

ConsOnly thing is unorganized, and the Management does too much micro managing,

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more jobs out there, so that way people who have Been there a long time can get a job back there let Hundreds of us go c&C, and only jobs out there are part tim tellers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Prosthe benefits were great benefits

Consdid not like the government contract

It was a great experience learned alot

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Company, the open door polocies, every one was helpful

ConsCant think of any the time was too short

Advice to Senior ManagementLonger Contracts

Better than average, but bureaucracy and job security can be a challenge

Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBetter pay than smaller companies for most professional positions. Supportive environment in majority of the company for women, minorities, and LGBT.

ConsPromotions infrequent at higher levels. Layoffs. Employee satisfaction is not the top priority.

Bank of America was a wonderful company to work for, I learned skills that I will be able to translate into future roles

Customer Service and Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsWonderful health benefits, they recognize domestic partnerships and provide a tax credit every year, 4 weeks paid vacation, great training and coaching.

ConsThere are not enough opportunities to move up in the company, it is very easy to get stuck doing the same task in the same department with no room to experience any growth

Good and Creative work

Software Developer (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsHave some good work and good team

Conseverything was creative and challenging

offers flexible work environment

Applications Programmer (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsPays OK, excellent vacation benefits, work from home program for some employees.

ConsVery bureaucratic. Impersonal. Health insurance cost more expensive than many smaller companies'.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a little interest in the employees, don't act so "corporate"

My experiences working with Bank of America.

SharePoint Site Developer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery nice work environment and co-workers are all skilled professionals. Provides the ability to grow from within.

ConsSome managers are more accessible than others, when a team member needs to communicate potential issues. Also parking uptown to access assigned work locations are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementConvert more contractors to FTE employees rather than re-hiring as contractors on different contracts.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!