Bank of America Reviews

6,832 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
2,919 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 408 reviews)

• They have a program called MyWork which allows you to work from home or from any location (in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance seems to be skewed towards work side more often than not (in 171 reviews)

• upper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

Smart, dedicated people, size has both pros and cons

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

I worked in Capital Markets Technology in New York, due to size & breadth of company, you can gain exposure and access to SME's across fixed income, equities, rates, etc. Also, there is a top-notch initiative with senior management buy-in to bring all trading & risk onto a common platform.

Cons

Huge company, sometimes this translates to redundant levels of decision making, and it can be time-consuming to find the person or group best suited to address a given issue. Internal tech support & HR sub-optimal.

Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Full benefits start at only part-time employment status. Tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, and employee discounts.

Cons

Typical retail bank experiences driven to meet sales and customer satisfaction.

Teller

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at BOA! BOA was vary face paced and the employees were a great joy to work with. You had to be very detailed ordinated and able to work under a lot of stress. At BOA you could learn lots of other responsibilities if you were willing to step forward and take charge in learning. I loved being able to learn new things and doing several daily tasks that weren't just in my job description. If you showed that you were willing to be a leader and learn different things there was opportunity to grow within the company. Best place I were worked!!

Cons

Only cons were having to sell produces while working in the drive-thru window a lone and having to meet a referral quota.

We had a great manager!! If we meet our quota we got a bonus and management was very understanding about having to leave early if we had children or other personal appointments. Management was always willing to help everyone succeed in training and meeting our personal quotas.

Benefits

Former Employee - TOS
    Former Employee - TOS

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life benefits, 401k, and medical insurance compared to others

Cons

There was a lot of pressure for the personal bankers and although a lot depends on your location they still require a lot of work in a very limited amount of time

Assist with sales

BOA Review

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great location
    Strong Culture
    Very Vibrant
    Very Flexible
    Great company

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

Great place that is large and hard to navigate but rewarding

Former Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

challenging work: the work is hard but resources are availalbe to help support , great people,: unbelievable people/peers. strong compensation/benefits: some of the best in US.

Cons

High expectations: business leaders never want to hear "no" and ask for 100% complete and drive people to over-work. management decisions: can sometimes be hard to swallow as they are busy too and seem to not have time to assist and then can fuss a little when it is not done they way they want.

take care of the people and actually live the values you push. dig into more of what people are doing and understand people overwork. keep up teh great learning systems and benefits.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Security in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people forward think company overall work environment very positive. Recommend this company to people looking.

Cons

Salary a little low however, there is room for advancement as it it a very large company and many positions are available

Try to be more competitive on salary

Provisioned/Deprovisioned users access to Multiple applications/systems on various platforms in RBAC environemnet

Former Employee - Systems/Data Security Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems/Data Security Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very pleasant experience, excellent management and the whole team. Entire system was very well organized.

Cons

Unfortunetly they could not hire me permanenetly due to lack of funding at the time.

Excellent benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Caring to their employees, especially if you show effort and initiative. The opportunity for growth.

Cons

My biggest challenge was the constant push to meet sales goals, especially because that is not my strongest attribute.

People like to learn. I suggest teach them and don't only look at the numbers. The more you educate your employees and offer them guidance, the better they will perform. And make sure they are rewarded and feel valuable to the team.

Great Place to Work until you find FT job.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are very helpful. They are on cutting edge with some technology.

Cons

Takes forever to get things done. Contractors are the doers. No training for Contractors and you can lose your skills fast. Processes and Procedures consume your day. Have to be a self-starter to learn everything you need to do you job as no one will train you.

Take time to train people. If you ask 10 people the same question, you will get 10 different answers because there is no training consistency.