Bank of America Reviews

1. Just a paycheck!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

benefits and discounts. If you just want a paycheck, this is the place for you. But long term, this would not be a wise choice.

Cons

No career advancement unless you relocate. You must dress nice, look hot and make best friends with upper management to get promoted. Some managers aren't qualified academically nor analytically to be managers. Bank of america prefer to hire outside rather than within.

Advice to Management

Take some business management classes. Learn to be more approachable to your team. Give some positive feedback. Reward your team when needed and be proactive.

2. I feel that I should not have to suck up to advance my career

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

It's a fine and prestige company to work for.But the managment really needs serious improvement

Cons

The Center manangers like to conatanally pick on and bully sales staff.You have no choice but to let them because you don't have a leg to stand on.

Advice to Management

Retrain the management on sensitivy and morale and how to treat the the staff better

There are plenty of better jobs out there...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It's a job. Better than being unemployed, but not by much. The work is easy, although the bank hires mostly people who will never figure out how to do their job correctly (they are either too stupid to do the job correctly or too lazy). You get free checking and stuff, but the people who handle the accounts constantly screw them up...so I actually bank with a different bank. They like to give out cheap 99 cent store type gifts and crappy food for doing a job well done instead giving out bonuses or raises for doing a good job.

Cons

Senior management does not get people who actually do the job to work on projects that affect the job. They spew corporate BS about the BofA spirit and how family oriented the bank is then they require mandatory overtime for months at a time. Senior management lies to their employees to the point where we can't trust them anymore with anything.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees. Instead of games, prizes & spirit events cut out all that BS and just pay your employees higher salaries.

5. Pro's & Con's at Bank of America--Premier Division

Current Employee - Premier Client Manager in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Premier Client Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Benefit Package National Bank Many Resources Many Customers The primary focus of the CRC Client Manager Candidate role is to build client relationships that will lead to generating revenue for the business. Significant marketing and proactive relationship building skills will be essential to broaden existing relationships. CRC Client Manager Candidates will be able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of banking capabilities with the client by assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions. The successful CRC Client Manager Candidate will inspire trust & confidence in clients through problem solving, listening carefully to the client??s needs, and by proactively managing products and/or services through telephone contact. Eligibility for this position requires candidates to possess Series 6 and 63 licenses required.

Cons

Poor Senior Management That Is Not Consistent, Nor Realistic

Advice to Management

Get Real Get In The Field And Get Back To Basics Obtain Input From Employees

6. Bank of America Tellers Count

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The opportunity to work part-time (20 hours) and receive full benefits, including vacation. There is also a lot of opportunity and encouragement to advance within banking center and throughout the organization.

Cons

The biggest downside is the low financial compensation, especially at the lowest level position. As a bank teller there have been no raises for the last three years, while each year the contributions for health benefit premiums have been raised resulting in a net reduction in pay. The quarterly incentive bonus program is supposed to be performance based, but lacks any clarity as to the specific financial reward for outstanding performance. In addition, one-half of the bonus comes from an obscure rating for your banking center almost entirely out of the teller's control. As an example, after being transferred from a so-call "low performing" banking center to one of the top centers in the market (and with high points in all categories) my bonus went down from $135 to $127. In other words, you have no idea what reward your working toward.

Advice to Management

During orientation for becoming a Bank of America employee, we was told how much we were valued. It was also stressed that there was 360 degree, meaning feedback was encouraged from tellers to every level of management. That philosophy has not been shown through deeds and actions. In fact, feedback and opinions are ignored and it's been made clear we can be replaced with ease. I suggest senior management treat all employees like they an important part of their company.

I have worked other places where you are actually treated with respect.

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Bonus's are decent when you can make them

Cons

Market and regional managers are breathing down your neck 24/7 and hardly allow you to run your store. 3 conference calls a day are completely ridiculous and should not happen anywhere. You are told to focus on something one day and then something else the next until you have been told to focus on so many things that you forgot what the first one was. The on boarding process could also be much more than what it currently is.

Advice to Management

Focus on just a few things at once instead of 50 and allow managers the time to actually do their jobs.

8. Do not take a job with this company. No one is happy.

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Lincoln, RI
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

None, it is who you know not kind of work you perform. Vacation time.

Cons

Everything, the company is no good. A 2 percent raise on a 40 k salary is not keeping up with inflation. Mr lewis can still make his millions. No advancement. I you take an internal job they lowball you. Management lie to your face and then get promoted. Revenue sharing 500.00 if the company makes 15 billion. Thanks for the 300.00 after taxes, what a bonus. Now I can fill my gas tank. You can talk to everyone across the company no one is happy. I have never been in a company where everyone is disatisfied. If you are looking here, look somewhere else. I wish I read a review like this before I went to this company, because I would have stayed at my old position. The grass is not always greener!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Spend less on all your surveys treat people like adults and pay like your competitors.

9. Strongly caution guidance on accepting work at Bank of America

Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

If you desire a role with a "global" bank that is US centric

Cons

Management and politics unlike any Ive seen in 20 years in banking. Company is very US centric - Doesn't invest or truly want to be a good global bank. Lots of talk and puffery but little action. Frustrated at lack of Sr. management abilities. There is a southern veneer that permeates everything from emails to ways meetings are handled then I would witness many of my colleagues repeatedly talking severely about various others behind their backs and this was at the most senior level of the bank. Childsh and very unprofessional. And who has the time ?

Advice to Management

Quit the politics, insincere niceties and BS and get down to businesss.

B of A is the worst place on earth to work

Former Employee - VP Marketing Info Manager II in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - VP Marketing Info Manager II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

They're always hiring...even in bad economy.

Cons

I was the victim of one of the worst cases of workplace mobbing that place has ever seen. Management just turns a blind eye to situations where unscrupulous managers wreak havoc on their innocent subordinates, often costing them their jobs, and the upper management just looks the other way while they know it's going on.

Advice to Management

When people complain that their bosses are treating them poorly and have the proof to back the statements up, don't just discount the complaints that we're just whiny underlings. You have created an environment where those with clout, corrupt. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely!!!

11. go somewhere else if you can.

Current Employee - Change Consultant in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Change Consultant in Concord, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

location, vacation policy, and decent but inconsistently applied work/life balance.

Cons

Policies are applied very inconsistently, from manager to manager, with a strong WIIFM factor. There is no sense of taking care of employees so that they can take care of business, and the leadership says one thing and does another, very consistently.

Advice to Management

Forget about M & A and focus on doing business.

Showing 9,024 of 9,402 reviews