Bank of America Reviews

9,113 Employee Reviews

1. teller

Former Employee - Teller in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great learning experience. I truly enjoyed working there. Benefits are excellent and the work/life balance was pretty good. Company offers plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Sales goals could be too high sometimes.

The whole industry is jacked up not just B of A

Current Employee - Tram Manager I in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Tram Manager I in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Benefits are competitive. Pay can be competitive. Many other compensation perks such as tuition reimbursement, life resources, corporate access to continued learning resources such as Lynda.com, TED talks, and Harvard Business review. 5% 401k match that is fully vested with no waiting period or length of employment conditions. Very progressive on diversity and equality (notice I also list this as a con ;). Lots of change and movement, opportunities to try new roles and departments. Vacation and sick time are generous.

Cons

Since I've been working, there has been a constant of semi regular layoffs and down sizing ("right sizing"), although the bank makes a fair effort to help displaced employees, the severance is pretty fair, and they will also first try to find a different role opportunity for you before laying off (known internally as a redeploy). The internal operations can be frustratingly bureaucratic and nothing happens quickly. HR is basically a bunch of knuckle heads and/or straight malicious. There can be huge pay discrepancies (I'm talking 30k plus), for many people doing the EXACT same role. They are slow to promote but fast to ask you to increase your responsibilities. I have had to be in an "acting" role for months at a time before ever officially being promoted. That means being severely under compensated for the level of work performed, but in my case it eventually has worked out each time. For a lot of people it doesnt. Huge commitment to diversity which is mostly good, but sometimes is overboard or also causes a kind of reverse discrimination/favoritism. I've witnessed a fair amount of nepotism but it's generally more localized rather than inherent to the institution.

Advice to Management

Pay should be more consistent across roles. People who need to terminated should be let go sooner rather than later, and folks who have demonstrated their work and commitment should in turn be rewarded sooner as well.

3. Customer Service Representative (inbound calls in home loans)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

fun ambience, lots of meetings, team, one on ones, training conferences, always learning something new, definitely room for advancement

Cons

ur just thrown into training and then learn as you go, definitely helps to know management if you want to move up

5. Great atmosphere to grow and be challenged. You learn organization, precision and detailing being a teller.

Current Employee - Bank of America Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Bank of America Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It gives you the financial guidance that can be used personally and you are always one step ahead of the game when it comes to financial awareness it also grows me to be competitive and overcome obstacles

Cons

I wish their were not so much dependent on customer referral engagement and I wish their were incentives for engagement. It becomes stressful trying to attain those goals and also juggle other responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Continue being supportive and awesome

6. Incentive with rewards

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It's all about the work you put in to met and exceed your sales goals. The tools are given to succeed. Great company, great benefits, great hours, friendly environment,

Cons

During low season, performance depends on teller referrals and customer viewer calls

7. Good place to work

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Excellent Benefits competitive pay. Good company to work for if you are single

Cons

Work Life Balance company doesn't allow for many emergencies

8. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Banker
    Current Employee - Banker

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Excellent management empowering employees to achieve their goals with clear and decisive directions that is both mutually beneficial and informative. Many opportunities to grow.

Cons

Nothing much to really mention. I enjoy my work with the company. Changes do come both fast and slow at the same time ,but that is really the nature of the business world we live in.

9. Home Retentionll

Former Employee - HRS Specialist II in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - HRS Specialist II in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work with great compensation

Cons

Some of the supers have a don't care attitude

Advice to Management

Take time to communicate with your staff when they ask for the attention no matter what your personal feelings are.

10. Collateral Specialist

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Great Culture Good benefits Good discount program for being an employee Very flexible schedule which allowed for a good work/family balance.

Cons

Not much room for advancement as many of the employees have been there for years and are at in their position

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of trying to involve all the employees and middle management to make the working environment better.

11. I like it.

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great benefits and provides a professional atmosphere.

Cons

Not many. If you do your job right, you'll be rewarded.

Showing 9,113 of 9,391 reviews