Bank of Marin Reviews

6 reviews filtered by
3.6
Bank of Marin President and CEO Russ Colombo
Russ Colombo

1. A company with a good mission statement and values and compensation packages.

I have been working at Bank of Marin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

compensation package, values, ability to grow, decision making ability at branch level, easy access to senior staff to share ideas.

Cons

salary is not comparable for the industry, must self train a lot to grow, challenges with work life balance, high turnover.

Advice to Management

I would work to raise salaries to retain quality employees, provide training to more senior managers who want to advance, add staff to key departments so that less work is handed down to branches and those departments are less o overwhelmed. .

2. Mediocre

I have been working at Bank of Marin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation & Benefits, Training, Coworkers, Promotions

Cons

Banking Hours (10am - 6pm) - Work-Life Balance, Work Load, Technology

Advice to Management

Upper management is good; I'm satisfied with their efforts and encouragement with employees. They recently merged with another bank which made things a little rough at first, but things are getting better. Work load can be overwhelming especially if there's not enough staff to help out. A lot is expected from management teams in the individual branches, but not all branches are the same - Goals should be refined by each specific branch. Overall a good company to work for. Go local, go community banks!

3. Great Culture and a confused outlook for the future

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Napa, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a great community bank feel and lots of personal empowerment to help customers. Great work schedule as well. Not open saturdays.

Cons

They continue to grow and are slowly losing the feel of a community bank. constant restructuring causes a lot of confusion. They claim to want to maintain a small bank culture but seem to be only interested in growth by acquisition.

Bank of Marin - A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin

Pros

I feel lucky to work for a strong bank here especially when many other banks are struggling. The bank's management and board care about the employees. The bank and staff member are heavily involved in the community.

Cons

"More with less"; The bank is small and many employees are stretched.

Advice to Management

Keep the bank going in the right direction.

6. Bank of Marin: A great place to work.

Current Employee - Vice President & Commercial Loan Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin

Pros

It is a small community based bank that supports their employees. Bank of Marin recognizes every employee as team player. The company feels like an extended family.

Cons

None...right at this moment. I am less than a year working at Bank of Marin.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your are doing.

Small bank with a big bank attitude

Former Employee - Decline to State in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Decline to State in Novato, CA

I worked at Bank of Marin

Pros

If you desperately need a job and live in Marin County...

Cons

Lack of communication and support, contradictory information, different rules for different folks...I worked there for 1 1/2 years without getting a review. I was written up for "not doing" things I was never told to do/trained to do/even knew existed. They play favorites, the benefits are outrageously expensive if you have a spouse/dependents. The service they provide to customers is inadequate due to staff limitations, lazy people in support positions, and a lousy computer system. They are cheap, even when making tons of money. (The sales reps were put on "commission only." In 20 years in banking I've never seen that! They bought paper for the ATM without the bank logo or even name on it-- so where did this receipt come from?)

Advice to Management

Get organized and fair. Train people adequately. Have workable rules, not moving targets.