Bank of Marin

Updated July 29, 2014
3.7

Bank of Marin President and CEO Russ Colombo
Russ Colombo

Bank of Marin - A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin

Pros

I feel lucky to work for a strong bank here especially when many other banks are struggling. The bank's management and board care about the employees. The bank and staff member are heavily involved in the community.

Cons

"More with less"; The bank is small and many employees are stretched.

Keep the bank going in the right direction.

Great Culture and a confused outlook for the future

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Napa, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a great community bank feel and lots of personal empowerment to help customers. Great work schedule as well. Not open saturdays.

Cons

They continue to grow and are slowly losing the feel of a community bank. constant restructuring causes a lot of confusion. They claim to want to maintain a small bank culture but seem to be only interested in growth by acquisition.

Bank of Marin: A great place to work.

Current Employee - Vice President & Commercial Loan Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of Marin

Pros

It is a small community based bank that supports their employees. Bank of Marin recognizes every employee as team player. The company feels like an extended family.

Cons

None...right at this moment. I am less than a year working at Bank of Marin.

Keep doing what your are doing.

Small bank with a big bank attitude

Former Employee - Decline to State in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Decline to State in Novato, CA

I worked at Bank of Marin

Pros

If you desperately need a job and live in Marin County...

Cons

Lack of communication and support, contradictory information, different rules for different folks...I worked there for 1 1/2 years without getting a review. I was written up for "not doing" things I was never told to do/trained to do/even knew existed. They play favorites, the benefits are outrageously expensive if you have a spouse/dependents. The service they provide to customers is inadequate due to staff limitations, lazy people in support positions, and a lousy computer system. They are cheap, even when making tons of money. (The sales reps were put on "commission only." In 20 years in banking I've never seen that! They bought paper for the ATM without the bank logo or even name on it-- so where did this receipt come from?)

Get organized and fair. Train people adequately. Have workable rules, not moving targets.