Bank of the Ozarks Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Bank of the Ozarks Chairman and CEO, Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. and Bank of the Ozarks George G. Gleason
George G. Gleason

1. csr

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks full-time

Pros

Great environment and people.

Cons

Slow to promote. They like to hire from outside of the company

2. HORRIBLE PLACE TO WK

Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None, cant find anthing good with this experience ruined my life made me doubt myself and hate myself for allowing it to continue.

Cons

Bank president was allowed to yell and bully you. Blamed any changes or decisions that caused the employees to not like something on me. Would lied to cover his back side. We were not allowed to speak to HR about anything that was happening in Dallas. In a training seminar we were told that we could speak to consultants if there were issues to try to get anonymous assistance. They went straight to the head of training, she went right bk to President and the abuse got worst. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING HERE. T he president only got his job since he knew the CEO personally didn't have a clue what he was doing. They finally pulled him bk to Arkansas, only after he ruined my life!!!

Advice to Management

THEY ARE CLUELESS AND REALLY DON'T CARE.

mgr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

money not very good or bad

Cons

time offis never allowed at all

Advice to Management

quit

Vice President - Leasing

Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Vice President - Leasing in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Acquire new customers, turn non-active customers into producing customers, building a strong client base

Cons

No set territory so you always had to check your leads with the "keeper of the customer list". It had no confidential information which should have been easily accessible to check your leads so you did not call on existing customers as prospects. Another disadvantage was the keeper of the list did not always know how to look up customers correctly.

Advice to Management

You need to empower your employees so they can do their piece of the overall puzzles with less hinderence. Also, everything seemed secrectivewhich led people to lie and set other people up to take the fall and be fired when a second chance was the proper thing to do especially when I am a loyal and trustworthy person to my employer.

6. Teller

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time

Pros

ONLY my co workers

Cons

Management, Promises made by CEO a joke. My manager delegated much of her job to me and others and stayed in her office with her door closed most of the time. Customers would be waiting to see her for CRS and She would walk out the door at her lunch time telling the customers who were waiting to see her to go to the main office. Out of 190+ employees fewer than 70 remain. They allowed one person to go around and terrorize employees in the branches. Everyone knew someone was about to be fired whenever she showed up. managers couldn't do anything without talking to her first. I mean about the simplest things. They look for any infraction to get rid of you. They fired one and a customer even called the manager saying the error wasn't made by the teller they fired but by another one. The customer saw the other teller take money. She still works there. Go figure! They promote people that the former bank would never promoted into management positions. Customers complain. It doesn't matter.

Advice to Management

Why bother! Management doesn't care about the welfare of employees or customers. They just want to make themselves look good and build huge homes.

7. My own opinion.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Friendly work enviroment, good products for customers.

Cons

Operating system is not user friendly.

Very strong bank, but low potential to progress.

Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks

Pros

Good pay, government holidays, and great coworkers.

Cons

Short staffed, sales driven, too many changes.

Great Front Line Staff, Not So Nice Management

Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the front line staff. We were able to get to know many of our frequent customers and it was great being able to build those friendships.

Cons

Raises were minimal and bonuses were nonexistent. Management often seemed condescending and
    rude to lower level staff.

Advice to Management

Management should do more to foster company morale.

Terrible experience

Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for the customers, above average pay for college students, typical holidays off and bankers hours, the usual

Cons

Our company was bought out by this company, and my location was shortly shut down afterwards and our jobs were lost. The problem wasn't the displacement from our jobs, but the way in which it was handled (which was very distasteful). There was a very strong lack of communication in the short amount of time that we remained after the buyout which made things very confusing and disheartening. It was more being like the redheaded stepchildren of the company instead of the team.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that the smaller people in the company are the worker bees that make the company run. Without them, day-to-day processes would not be possible and the customer service aspect that everyone speaks so highly of would be lost. Before you decide you want to step on the little guys, remember that they're the face of the company and if you weed out the good ones there aren't going to be more left. EVERYONE is human, so don't dehumanize them just because they make a little less.

Blind sided about company...

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday thru Friday operations.

Cons

Lean staff and very underpaid for the work load. Benefits are not great. Pay is below compared to other banks.

Advice to Management

Hire more personnel to assist in providing efficient customer service and Teller transactions. This is a microwave society and custmers want quick quality service. Another headquarters need to be in Charlotte to assist the new banks that were bought. Branch managers should focus on new businesses and proper management rather than Teller transactions die to short staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed