Bank of the Ozarks

Bank of the Ozarks Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bank of the Ozarks Chairman and CEO, Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. and Bank of the Ozarks George G. Gleason

George G. Gleason

Sometimes frustrating and sometimes rewarding.

Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Russellville, AR

ProsLots of training, decent 401k plan,

ConsPay is low, not much room for advancement, not much structure and every branch does different things, nothing is done the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the tellers. I will never understand why a teller gets paid the least. That's sad when ebanking makes more. Tellers are the bank. No tellers, no business. Focus on what's going on in the branches you already have instead of purchasing more. I worked at a branch with a horrible manager and watched them run off 8 great employees, while HR did nothing about it and they were called several times. That person is still there and just ran another employee off. Get it together. Your loosing great lifetime workers bc nobody pays attention to the branches. They are way to worried about becoming a big bank.

Bad Management!

Teller (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsVery slow traffic. A lot of down time.

ConsInternal gossips, bad management, unprofessional work ethics among employees, management creates intimidating working environment, talk about other employees and make sure they know it

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy try

Good Company to work for

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Rogers, AR

ProsThe region I worked for in my opinion had great condition-workers and good management. Pay for my region I believe was slightly above average and training is good at this institute.

ConsI feel like this company does like to promote from within but due to in my division having smaller branches the only positions that ever became available were entry jobs it was harder to move up. Incentives are not the best they could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do... I feel like you are doing a good job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely Awful!!!!!

Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Ozark, AR

ProsThe only pro to working here is keeping up with your expenses a lot more!

ConsBad management, gossip spreading, rumor starting, snobby backstabbing co-workers! And management is a part of it all! Very "cookie cutter" place of employment! The tellers all talk trash about everyone, makes fun of customers and are out for themselves 110%... management is a part of it all by disclosing confidential information. Very unprofessional and shady. Work environment is much like a high school "group" you're either in....or out. And if you're out of the childish game playing group, they will make every day a living hell for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to quit and get GOOD PROFESSIONAL management to hire all new staff that actually cares about people and each other.

Ultimate micro-management with no loyalty to employees.

Commercial Lender (Current Employee)

ProsCompany stocks has performed well over the last several. All officers received stocks which helped to make up for the below market salaries that the company pays.

ConsMicro-management from the very top down. Company demands absolute loyalty from employees with zero given in return. Below market wages. CEO with an ego greater than that of Donald Trump. Anyone who even hinted that George Gleason may be wrong about something will soon find themselves unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDial down the ego and listen to front line employees.

Great company

Teller (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

Prosthe company gives you amazing training, constantly growing

Consbenefits could be better, and pay is very low for comparable positions with experience level

Great for customers, terrible for employees.

Teller (Former Employee) Texarkana, TX

ProsGood Benefits for full time employees

ConsLow salary
    Not flexible with schedules
    Large volume of work with few employees

Unfairly judged and fired after two weeks

Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Fayetteville, AR

Pros-My branch manager was very polite and open with me
    -Company was about to improve employee benefits ($1-for-$1 401K matching)
    -Good learning experience for young professionals
    -Potential to grow into hiring earning positions

Cons-Released after mentor program
    -A lot of pressure on tellers for low pay
    -Mentor trainer seemed offended when I asked questions about the company I was hired to work for

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare employees who are going into their first full-time job what to expect in the mentor training program. My manager seemed enthusiastic about receiving me, but had to let me go after being inaccurately informed I was unprofessional and performed poorly with my mentor.

Good Job, Bad Management

Part-time Teller (Former Employee) Conway, AR

ProsI am currently a college student, and the pay was higher than at other locations, I enjoyed being able to work in an office setting, and the other tellers/front-line staff are very nice.

ConsSupervisors and upper management have problems relating to employees, praise is rarely given for a job well done, and mistakes are nearly unacceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think managers and other people in places of authority should definitely be reevaluated. My manager was very condescending to the tellers and front-line staff and it was extremely hard to tolerate.

It was a good entry level experience.

ProsManagement was very willing to work with you on time off.

ConsThe salary was extremely low compared with industry averages.

Worked for Bank of the Ozarks? Contribute to the Community!