Bank of the Ozarks Reviews

George G. Gleason

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WK

Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager/Officer in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None, cant find anthing good with this experience ruined my life made me doubt myself and hate myself for allowing it to continue.

Cons

Bank president was allowed to yell and bully you. Blamed any changes or decisions that caused the employees to not like something on me. Would lied to cover his back side. We were not allowed to speak to HR about anything that was happening in Dallas. In a training seminar we were told that we could speak to consultants if there were issues to try to get anonymous assistance. They went straight to the head of training, she went right bk to President and the abuse got worst. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING HERE. T he president only got his job since he knew the CEO personally didn't have a clue what he was doing. They finally pulled him bk to Arkansas, only after he ruined my life!!!

Advice to Management

THEY ARE CLUELESS AND REALLY DON'T CARE.

mgr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Pros

money not very good or bad

Cons

time offis never allowed at all

Advice to Management

quit

3. Teller

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time

Pros

ONLY my co workers

Cons

Management, Promises made by CEO a joke. My manager delegated much of her job to me and others and stayed in her office with her door closed most of the time. Customers would be waiting to see her for CRS and She would walk out the door at her lunch time telling the customers who were waiting to see her to go to the main office. Out of 190+ employees fewer than 70 remain. They allowed one person to go around and terrorize employees in the branches. Everyone knew someone was about to be fired whenever she showed up. managers couldn't do anything without talking to her first. I mean about the simplest things. They look for any infraction to get rid of you. They fired one and a customer even called the manager saying the error wasn't made by the teller they fired but by another one. The customer saw the other teller take money. She still works there. Go figure! They promote people that the former bank would never promoted into management positions. Customers complain. It doesn't matter.

Advice to Management

Why bother! Management doesn't care about the welfare of employees or customers. They just want to make themselves look good and build huge homes.

Terrible experience

Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for the customers, above average pay for college students, typical holidays off and bankers hours, the usual

Cons

Our company was bought out by this company, and my location was shortly shut down afterwards and our jobs were lost. The problem wasn't the displacement from our jobs, but the way in which it was handled (which was very distasteful). There was a very strong lack of communication in the short amount of time that we remained after the buyout which made things very confusing and disheartening. It was more being like the redheaded stepchildren of the company instead of the team.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that the smaller people in the company are the worker bees that make the company run. Without them, day-to-day processes would not be possible and the customer service aspect that everyone speaks so highly of would be lost. Before you decide you want to step on the little guys, remember that they're the face of the company and if you weed out the good ones there aren't going to be more left. EVERYONE is human, so don't dehumanize them just because they make a little less.

Horrible management make a horrible environment

Former Employee - Teller in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This branch is not open on Saturdays

Cons

The environment is so racist it is unreal. If you are not African-American, you will not last long in this branch.You will be excluded from everything. People stay in their offices rather than help coworkers or customers or even pick up the phone unless they check caller ID first. People are quick to pawn their work off on others so they can gossip.

Advice to Management

You need to find management that will provide a better work environment to all of the staff and actively tries to manage or even work. Try promoting from within. It doesn't motivate your employees when they know they will never go anywhere.

Bad Management!

Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very slow traffic. A lot of down time.

Cons

Internal gossips, bad management, unprofessional work ethics among employees, management creates intimidating working environment, talk about other employees and make sure they know it

Advice to Management

Why try

Absolutely Awful!!!!!

Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Ozark, AR
    Current Employee - Teller/Customer Service Representative in Ozark, AR

I have been working at Bank of the Ozarks (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working here is keeping up with your expenses a lot more!

Cons

Bad management, gossip spreading, rumor starting, snobby backstabbing co-workers! And management is a part of it all! Very "cookie cutter" place of employment! The tellers all talk trash about everyone, makes fun of customers and are out for themselves 110%... management is a part of it all by disclosing confidential information. Very unprofessional and shady. Work environment is much like a high school "group" you're either in....or out. And if you're out of the childish game playing group, they will make every day a living hell for you.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to quit and get GOOD PROFESSIONAL management to hire all new staff that actually cares about people and each other.

9. Great for customers, terrible for employees.

Former Employee - Teller in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Bank of the Ozarks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits for full time employees

Cons

Low salary Not flexible with schedules Large volume of work with few employees

RSS Feed </> Embed