Bankers Conseco

Bankers Conseco Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Challenging but great learning experience

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsRoom for growth and independence

ConsInconsistent income with no draw or base pay

Great potential if you have a financial nest egg already

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsCoworkers were very nice and you work on your own schedule. Only in office 2 days a week

ConsTraining is rushed. Manager sells a beautiful dream during a group presentation but once you are finished with training it is like you don't exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe completely honest about the position...it would eliminate your high percentage of employees that quit after one month

Circus

ProsThey hire just about anyone.

ConsThey hire anyone. Many promises never kept about getting someone started with the company. "Free training" is not free when you end up having to pay for it. Poor business system setup with no real leadership in Buffalo office. Crazy turn over.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of people left the company because of bad management

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLocation is the best - great downtown Chicago view

ConsBad management. All they care about is their own job stability and advancement. Very stressful work environment. Some managers are proud of making people be scared of them. Often they are rude, senseless, authoritative.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should treat employees with respect.

Great Company, por employee support

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsCo-workers and the environment is great. Very laid back, work on your own schedule. Excellent training program. Decent target market

ConsVery low income potential, products generate very small commissions. Company charges each employee $200/month after your first 3 months to supplement leads and office supplies

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't charge $200/month

Sleazy Operators in an Unheard Of Small Time Company

Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsPurport to offer unlimited commission-based opportunities. Laughable once you work there.

ConsAll costs are borne by the sales force. You are therefore disposable. Two part office culture - the over vs under 90 day staffs. One year retention rate (did my own informal count with numbers from the office's stats sheets) is about 8-10%. ALERT: will re-issue new replacement policies to every, that's right, every policy holder you sold to immediately after you leave. Underhanded business tactic! That results in large parts of your commissions (your only income) being charged back. If you don't accept their strong arm recovery, threaten legal action via bottom-feeding collections firm Caine and Weiner of Schaumberg Ill.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperate fairly. Stop recycling leads to the point that people yell about "I called the 800 number once months ago for information and you call me every other week!" End practice of stealing back honest earnings through post-employment chargebacks. Advertise so potential clients have heard of you: you are competing with beloved AARP for crying out loud!

Used to be a great place to work.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood enviroroment, friendly co-workers on the Bankers side.

ConsVery poor middle mangment.... it went way downhill after Bankers management was replaced by Conseco Managment. Saleries in Chicago were higher than in Indiana due of the cost of living. In my case, Conseco middle managment failed to acknowleded this and was very spitefull.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise your HR practices. I did not even get and exit interview after resigning!

Cast the net and hope for the best

Sales Producer (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsOffice had solid team mentality and professional atmosphere..

ConsAfter leaving, issued policies were re-written by "veteran" agents (had 6-9 months w/ company) to generate new commissions, resulting in chargebacks to former agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter/longer support (90 days) with quality leads, not recycled Colonial Penn callers. also, broaden product offerings for NY and get the name out there. No one's heard of BCLIC.

Low income

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsSupportive atmosphere, comfortable if small workspace.

ConsCommission structure makes breaking in impossible if you need to do so while earning a living.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop recycling leads that are useless.

Move slow because you move too fast. You have got to make the morning last.

Contract Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Williamsville, NY

ProsThe agency allows time for individuals to get their job done however they feel best. If a person excels, there are opportunities to go up the career ranks quickly. Someone can be a team leader in 3 months.

ConsTraining and development during my time of employment was scattered and sparse. At the end of training, I was incompetent. In comparison to other companies in the industry, their training methods are forgiving, but there is a reason why.

The capacity for an individual to enter the job with their best interests in hand is also sacrificed. The coordination between getting the license, trained, and into the field can easily leave an agent without an income for 2 months and much of the costs are handled as an independent contractor. There is little to no support. I felt during my time there that I had been given little opportunity to ask questions and understand the job completely.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a song that works as advice for the management. Move slow because you move too fast. You have got to make the morning last.

Worked for Bankers Conseco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bankers Conseco reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Bankers Conseco employees.