Bankers Financial

2.6

John Strong

Mediocre

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The little stuff such as event planning, company picnics and recognition company wide.

Cons

The middle management team leaves much to be desired. Depending on the department you are in, middle management tends to forget where they started. Reviews for performance are again mediocre depending on the department you are in. Some of the management tends to be two faced in conversations with there employees. They say one thing to yur face and another when reviews come around on paper.

Consider training your management team at all levels. Not just on the job and grooming while in those positions, really train them.

Complete dismay

Former Employee - Prefer Not to State  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who do the work

Cons

What they "sell" you in the interview is not at all what you're signing up for. This company lacks internal controls, roles are unclear, processes not documented, and C-level executives lack the experience and skills needed to manage and lead their areas. There is no work-life balance. You are told to question things, express your opinion, ask why - but when you do, you are stifled and your escalations and concerns go unanswered and unresolved. I left the company because of these issues.

Hire a real CIO who will put Vendor Management, Project Governance, Change Control, Release Management, etc. in place. The current one has been there for two years and none of that exists. Put a formal vendor selection process in place, including contracting that follows COBIT standards. Insist that all of IT and the company follow the SDLC and get control of that renegade Development shop. Don't set implementation dates or budgets until Requirements are done. Measure stuff so that you can tell what your desired state metrics are. Don't stifle people you hire to fill skill gaps. Don't hide risks and issues from your peer C-level leaders.

Since I began working for Bankers Financial Corporation, I have had a wonderful experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Company Culture
    Strong Values
    Friendly Family-Oriented Environment
    Synergistic Teams
    Down-to-Earth Executive Team
    Continued Education Opportunity
    Opportunities for Advancement Within the Organization

Cons

I am sure there are cons, as with any company, but I have not experienced anything negative. I have the best work/life balance that I have ever had in my career. The company saw my potential and in a short time promoted me. I am extremely pleased with my team, my manager and my compensation. As I said, nothing negative here.

My advice to management is to keep moving in the direction we are headed. I am thrilled to be a member of the team at Bankers Financial Corporation. In the past 15 years, I have never had the opportunity to work with such a dynamic team. I am grateful for the opportunity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

difficult changes showing positive results.....

Current Employee - Manager  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

New management team in last 24 months...brought new ideas and energy to restructure company

Better management communication....open about financial results and focus of company

Moral getting better and management listening to employees better. Semi annual reviews and employee education plans now in place.

Benefits much better and no premium increase in 2014.

Cons

New management team in last 24 months...some traditions and ways of doing things discarded.

Long term employees leaving due to changes. Some line managers slow to accept change.

Would like to see more executive interaction with employees.

I have been with a Bankers company for over 10 years, A lot of changes that were hard to understand at first. This created some unhappy employees with many new managers and executives. Company has turned the corner and new people and ideas are working. Moral hight with new people, but some long time employees having trouble with the new way of doing business. Future looks bright

Growing, exciting, with huge potential. Made the turn and definitely headed in the right direction.

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovation culture, unique business strategies that are changing the insurance business for the better

Cons

New ideas and opportunities sparking some resistance to change

Share the vision of the future with employees at every level

Would be your worst job move ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I cannot think of one positive except for good people at the non management level.

Cons

Incompetent people at the highest level. Their recently appointed Chief HR officer only has an associates degree from some 2 year community no one has heard and no practical HR experience. This is not he exception.

Don't waste your time trying to tell them anything. David Meehan is no longer the CEO. The current CEO is the son-in-law of the owner. He was a MD for 30 years so as most doctors, he can do anythng.

Bankers is a bad company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

flexible schedule, hard working associates

Cons

You have doctors and lawyers running the company and lack business experience they are laying off all the time and outsourcing to India. They treat their interns better than employees and don't care about employees only about making money.

your associates know more than you think.

Out of touch

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SOME flexibility with work schedule but long hours seem to be expected

Cons

They are outsourcing a division of the company to India. So be careful as long term outlook is gray. Pay scale is on the low end. Good luck getting time off around any holidays

Encourage executive level to mentor and develop associates. Less micromanaging

Don't do it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As this is a small company, you might be able to get broader experience than at a larger firm, as people have to pitch in on a lot of projects.

If it's a short commute and you're desperate, consider negotiating for a contract position.

Cons

Bankers Financial Corporation is a revolving door, from the executive suite all the way down.

The workload is heavy, and they hold layoffs regularly. Expect overworked leaders unhappy about the lack of resources.

Poorly Run organization

Current Employee - Executive Vice President  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of leeway to make an impact

Cons

Managers with no education or experience, Owner/President run Good ol' Boys Company...

Bankers Financial Photos

Bankers High Prom - Employee Appreciation Week

+ Add Photo

Worked for Bankers Financial? Contribute to the Community!