Bankers Financial

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
John Strong

HR leaves good reviews for themselves

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hr team works very hard to promote the company. This is very hard to go when upper management demands that they fire people all of the time.

Cons

Every good review on here was written by the recruitment team because they have to find new blood somehow. when you notice how they can't keep a benefits person, that should give you a big clue.

Advice to Management

Close the doors and retire. buy those new cat houses you've been thinking about.

Not what they seem

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has many great employees and the leaders put forth the effort to give the illusion of trust and collaboration.

Cons

The decision makers are lacking the skills to gain trust and collaboration and the HR team does not appear to know what they are doing. Unfortunately, they do not have an experienced HR team which exacerbates the problem. The inexperience is blatantly obvious to the experienced. Without an experienced CHRO for nearly a year, what can be expected?

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced CHRO and reevaluate your team of leaders.

3. Still here and enjoying it!

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time

Pros

They are genuinely looking to do the right thing. I know if I need help with anything I can get it if I ask. I've been offered opportunities to develop in my role that I may not have received anywhere else. I ignore the bad reviews because my experience has been so positive. There will always be disgruntled employees no matter where you go and you need to take that with a grain of salt. This place has made me very happy and I'm proud to say I work here.

Cons

I would like to see a little more focus on work/life balance

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing your managers. The more you invest in them, the more the employees will benefit.

Terribly run company with no sense of direction

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hiring policies are very loose, lots of attrition (layoffs and periodic firing have been a constant) and opportunities to matriculate if you can stomach being micromanaged by someone (likely with less education than you) in the meantime.

Cons

The company lacks true leadership and a forward looking vision. For the past 10 years they have changed their focus from one thing to the next, spinning their wheels, never actually getting anywhere. Those running the company at the top are out for themselves. You are a faceless number that can be fired or moved based on the agenda. This has led to a huge turnover and young, inexperienced, and unqualified managers. I am concerned for friends that work there if the economy were to get bumpy. There are dozens of better insurance companies in this area to work for that treat you better, pay you fairly, and promote a work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Stick to what you are good at and abandon the pet projects. Grow the companies that are your revenue sources and sell the rest. You can be the master of your craft or continue to be another jack of many trades.

don't bother

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time

Pros

I honestly have nothing positive to say about this company. I one hundred percent think the reviews speak for themselves.

Cons

Quick to hire
    Quick to promote
    Quick to fire

This place is a disaster! My former supervisor still bashes me in meetings with the entire team! They contest all unemployment claims which is why most people walk out without notice. Turnover rate is so ridiculous you wonder how they are still in business. Too much focus on playtime and not business strategies. Nepotism, favoritism, cronyism, and bullying is the name of the game.

Advice to Management

No advice to management because they are part of the problem. The directors need to hire a business consultant and start from scratch. No wonder everyone goes to ASI or UPC

I wouldn't recommend this place not even to my enemy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bankers Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some good people. Good health insurance benefits and incentives.

Cons

The culture of the office is very toxic and dysfunctional. There is no respect and trust in that place. I started working there and no training was provided so I had no direction since day 1. My supervisor had no experience with the job and management so doing a great job was associated to working late hours instead of performance. Zero work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Recruit qualified people to be managers that know how to manage and lead others.

Don't work there!

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the first 6 months everything was great, training, activities and meetings. Benefits well explained and a good teamwork.

Cons

After 6 months and at the time to get our bonuses everything change. They did not paid what they promised, original team was gone after that and new hires came in without any experience in the area. Managers said one thing in a one to one reviews and then their actions another thing. I was laid off at the end after almost 2 years. Very sad I thought I found a job to stay until retirement but that was not the case. Be carefull everything looks great at the begining but then it is a nightmare. HR, not professional at all and they are always in their managers side in every situation not matter what.

Advice to Management

Please take some training in how to manage personel, be honest, professional and lead by example.

9. 3 months in

I have been working at Bankers Financial

Pros

Seems to be an incredible wonderful job and atmosphere, great opportunities w exciting futures... but that said Im new. The people are great!!! I am reviewing so this site allows me to see the other reviews - says it won't til I do...

Cons

none so far .. ..

Not a vent actual situations happening within the Comany.

I worked at Bankers Financial

Pros

Being still new and trying to make a name for themselves. They have some good incentive programs. And they do like to celebrate and invite their employees to join in.

Cons

I've watched managers bully, abuse, and cause employees to relinquish their positions, or loose thier jobs while HR and upper management either watch helplessly or support the behavior. I've personally heard upper management state to individuals being bullied, that they have heard how that managment teat talked to said individuals, yet instead of reprimanding said manager's behaviour, the individual was giveng a very short tat and fired within two weeks after a year of bullying, embarrassment, humiliation. The time frame of recovery was two weeks. Yet the managemnt is still inplace. When the employee went to HR the topic was we know and we don't understand how they keep getting away with said behaviour 5 other employees under said manager were treated the same way. They were able to move to other departments and doing great, one fell through the cracks and is now unemployed because of this behaviour Sadly it seems to not be limited to one manager for Ive heard the same from other areas of the company.

Advice to Management

See, there is no impressive fix or suggustion. Even your employees in this department were seeing the behavior from this management team yet upper management closed thier eyes to it. the lower ranking employee was seeking help from the comapny yet was afraid of what might happen to their position. Why didn't management question why the management was not able to keep people under them. Why wasn't it questioned why said manager was going thru people so much. Then to have the new management back the bully, fully knowing that this behaviour was going on because they commented on it, something is seriously wrong.

Prefer not to say

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bankers Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Management sees employees as assets and they push career development.

Cons

Long hours, some philosophy disconnect with managers. Communication, with so many companies it's hard to collaborate and get answers to problems.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

RSS Feed </> Embed