Bankers Life Reviews

Reset
3.3
Bankers Life President Scott Goldberg
Scott Goldberg

Pros
  • Great training - Take advantage of all of it - do all of the self training as well (in 23 reviews)

• Good training system along with good people (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • This is 100% commission so it's a lot of work to put into (in 27 reviews)

• There are no benefits to working here (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome opportunity if you want to work hard to build your own business.

Pros

Excellent training with a solid product line . Helping folks on a daily basis to protect themselves from the uncertainties of life.

Cons

100% commissioned career . You get out of it exactly what you put in to it.

Leadership Track

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started with Bankers Life in 2001, with little to no knowledge on insurance. I was able to earn 3 promotions in my first 5 years and have been running my own Branch Sales Office for the last 9 years. This career is for those that are willing to work hard and take ownership. The training is top notch, the product portfolio is wide, and the compensation is very generous for those who can get results.

Cons

The only cons I encounter, are the negative posts by some people who are leaving factless reviews, I know some good people have missed a great opportunity because of some of the factless information. Bankers Life and all insurance companies are regulated by the Department of insurance in each state, this includes all Training and Materials, Products and Materials, Recruiting and materials. All sales are scrutinized for compliance and suitability so we are not "Ripping Off Elderly" as some people try and portray.

Advice to Management

Bankers has a large number of the Best Leaders in the industry

3. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Lake City, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Lake City, MI

I have been working at Bankers Life (More than a year)

Pros

excellent culture, great work/life balance, excellent compensation, tons of support

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like about working at Bankers Life

Solid Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

This is a great field where you can have a positive impact on your community and make a great living doing it. Bankers has supported me from the beginning. I entered this business, not knowing a lot. The training and support I've received have allowed me to do things I never thought were possible. The company rewards their employees and associates in many ways besides their paycheck.

Cons

This is a high accountability environment. You can't hide from the numbers here. It does take a lot of work and sacrifice to get started in the beginning. They will bring people on who say they are willing to work hard, but for whatever reason, don't have what it takes. Those individuals end up quitting so it makes it seem like there is high turnover. Really they are trying to give everyone a chance, but there are some people that are just not cut out to do this.

6. new beginnings

Pros

The people are very nice

Cons

Havent worked long enough to come up w/cons....

Insurance Agent

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in New York, NY

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive environment among colleagues and training program makes it easier to get started as a new agent and push through long days on the phones and learn the ropes in the field. Focus is on providing beneficial solutions that will help clients.

Cons

The main drawback is that it is sales, which is not for everyone and compensation is entirely on commission. Building a business/client base can be slow going.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on an approach grounded in providing products and information that benefit the client rather over pushy sales tactics. This is a plus for the company.

8. Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the development of relationships with the public and provide them information to assist them for there future

Cons

commission based business only no salary

Advice to Management

continue to motivate and teach the agents

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Bankers Life (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training Leads Field Training Online Training is top notch

Cons

One must work hard and build a business. Excuses will not get you there

10. It is what YOU make it!

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has changed my life! It's tough in the beginning but the payoff down the road is almost unreal. That's why it's a CAREER NOT a JOB. You're income is a direct reflection of your work ethic.

Cons

Yes it can be tough in the beginning but as long as you follow the Bankers training model you have nothing to worry about. I started of dead broke with less than $500 to my name and I made it so there should be no excuses for anyone not to make it. What you put in is what you get out. Unfortunately, there are a lot of lazy people that come in that's why they can't make it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for the amazing opportunity!

I am a success story!

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Fairmont, WV
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Fairmont, WV

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get paid to help change people's lives. Although you have to put in the time, it is flexible enough to work around having a young child and all that comes with that. The company provided training to help get started is fantastic, best in the industry. They give you the basics you need to get started and even give you a trainer that is willing to give up half of their commissions (and any renewals resulting from your training for the rest of their careers). I have been here long enough (3 years) to finally be able to say with confidence that I will be successful for the rest of my life thanks to my career with Bankers, and I plan on staying with them the rest of my career!

Cons

The first year is very difficult, it requires a lot of effort put into your own training as well as great effort to develop your client base. The second year is a little less difficult because you finally REALLY know what you are doing. This difficulty I am sure is industry-wide. Most new agents will not make it because they are so conditioned to do the minimum required to get a paycheck, they do not put in the effort required to become successful. This career is not for the lazy!

Advice to Management

I would weed out the ones that are not going to make it before sending them to NAS; give them two weeks in the field observing a trainer minimum before sending them off. NAS will make much more sense after being in the field and not have the new agent's head spinning with information.

RSS Feed </> Embed