Bankers Life Reviews

Reset

1. Insurance Agent

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Bankers Life (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training for company products

Cons

Twenty four hour, seven days per week effort needed to succeed quickly. No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Stress the fact that the first years will be lean until your book of business is established. You must have ability to draw on personal cash reserves for two to three years.

Insurance Sales Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Diego, CA

Pros

Constant training opportunities Offer the ability to know and feel comfortable helping clients to make better decision for themselves and their love ones. Teach you how to be a real entrepreneur.

Cons

I would not say anything about downsizes....Like I said, it is your business, one must strive to make it work.

Advice to Management

Opportunity to grrow

3. I have had amazing support to encourage me to be able to achieve more than I could have dreamed!!!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I get to do what I love helping others making sure their goals are being met for their retirement and building amazing relationships that are as close as family!!

Cons

The only cons I can say are its up to me to use the many tools that I am provided to succeed. I have so much support that it's up to me to put forth the effort because any support I need to succeed is available. It's not a career for the lazy these expect success to be handed to them.

Advice to Management

I am so proud of all of my management team. I can say with 100% confidence that not one of them would not be willing to do what they ask of me. I also am so thankful that they hold me accountable not in a manner of authority but because they genuine care enough about me they want to see me reach my full potential!!

5. Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Insurance Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and home office support.

Cons

No base pay, straight commsission. No paid training, split commissions with manager during training.

Advice to Management

Branch management was great, keep it up.

Its a gap job

Pros

You can learn something from here for sure, but it is not good to people who want to be successful in their life

Cons

You are the lower-est member in the company, so take care yourself

Advice to Management

be more ethic and better to the employee, I mean salary

Insurance Agent

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Bend, IN

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is great in training their agents on the latest insurance rules, products and Medicare supplement offerings. They are also good in giving merits for their agent's accomplishments.

Cons

I found it difficult to find clients who were able to afford Banker's products.

8. Do you homework-Good Company

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Bankers Life (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful training. I have spoke with dozens of Bankers agents and ex-Bankers agents who all agree it is among the best in the industry. Good interaction with other agents and the BSM. Agency culture is great. One needs to do their homework as insurance is usually all commission so no handouts here at all (or elsewhere as I found out). Those who whine about low pay etc. did not check out the industry and should not blame anyone for their lack of preparation.

Cons

The pay is low and the job is tough as it is a pure commission job so payouts such as gas etc. are out of your pocket. The hours are long as is any new job. Throughout my career I never had a job that was easy to start-you have to put in 60 hours plus to learn and prospect. Other agents who survive work less in the years 5/6 and up as they did their homework and built their business which is required in this industry by ANYONE. I have NEVER BEEN lied to so those who state that, I have to wonder about interpretation. You CAN make money but it is hard work and low pay to start. Leads are provided but more quality needed that are warm leads. Biggest issue is underwriting. I have many cases rejected at Bankers but underwritten by other companies. Someone has to address the poor underwriting and poor communication by underwriting. Like the old Seinfeld episode, they are the underwriting Nazis--"no policy for you!" :)

Advice to Management

Continue to the integration of systems, it is working. adjust medicare supplement cost schedules. perhaps some pay to help agents who get past probation with a small incentive so they continue.

Learning Experience

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Bankers Life (Less than a year)

Pros

I appreciate the support I receive from my trainers, managers, colleagues, and home office. The presentation materials are good, and the products are solid.

Cons

I learned real quick that I do not like cold calling; unfortunately, in your first few months, that is your primary method of prospecting. The company doesn't advertise, so it is hard to get in front of people. IT is slow to respond to technical issues, that have cost me a sale or two.

Advice to Management

I knew what I was getting into when I signed on; that being said, newly contracted agents do need to eat and pay bills when they're doing their training.

10. Agent/UFT

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunities for income, education, and helping clients are endless. This is truly an amazing company. The support from other agents and training is top notch.

Cons

This opportunity is what you make it. It requires 100% commitment.

Great Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cary, NC

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a better company than Bankers Life. I work in such a positive and team oriented environment and enjoy coming to work everyday. I have the opportunity to work with the best team in the country, earn bonuses and interact with individuals from all backgrounds. I love the atmosphere of being challenged and motivated to be the best recruiter and am rewarded when doing so.

Cons

Working for Bankers Life takes hard work and dedication. If someone is looking for just another job it will not be a good fit for them. The opportunities we offer are for a career not a job.

RSS Feed </> Embed