Bankers Life Reviews

1.4
Bankers Life President Scott Goldberg
Scott Goldberg
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great training - Take advantage of all of it - do all of the self training as well (in 23 reviews)

• Good training system along with good people (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • This is 100% commission so it's a lot of work to put into (in 27 reviews)

• There are no benefits to working here (in 20 reviews)

Insurance sales person

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Washington, DC

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is not a motivating factor

Cons

Helping medicare beneficiaries get medigap insurance

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099 in Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099 in Waldorf, MD

Pros

A great learning experience to never fall for this type of counterfeit again.

Cons

I fell for the several streams of income and owning your own business talk only to realize on my first day that I would be cold calling from recycled leads that were presented as warm leads originally. I was informed that consumers contact us for information but 90% of the people felt harassed by the many calls that were coming from the company claiming that hadn't requested anything. This is 100% commissioned but the money isn't completely yours unless when you finally sign someone up they stay with the company for a year. Otherwise, if that customer chooses to cancel for a better deal you will be hit with constant chargebacks that you have to climb out of constantly. If you leave the company to actually find something that pays expect a collections bill for at least $1200 commission chargebacks.

Advice to Management

Keep it real. This is telemarketing/sales. This is not running your own business because good business advice would be not to have to dig into your personal funds just to buy shared, old and recycled leads.

Sales

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great for college kids or those who don't really need a second income

Cons

Commission based, cold calling not the job for you if you have a family to support

Great company...senior leadership cares about the clients, agents and managers

Current Employee - Regional Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Objective professional and financial growth, earn what your are worth, limited politics and tenure requirments, every person I've worked for has really cared about my growth and my goals.

Cons

This is a business opportunity. This is not a 9-5 career. Please look at it accordingly. It isn't right for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue expansion efforts and market it better. Continue internal and external development plans, MTP, Top Gun and Career Path Awards. Market these better interenally and externally.

Boring life and Causalty

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Calverton, MD
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Calverton, MD

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My direct supervisor was really helpful,also a very nice.Also fellow employees were. also very personable. I also really enjoyed meeting with clients.

Cons

Job was 100% commission leads were paid for by employees and were almost worthless Lots of charge backs. Upper management was terrible and not helpful at all. You got paid for sales but no yearly residual. .

Advice to Management

Get leads that are useful and not rehashed several times. Management should more engaged with agents. Upgrade better training on all products.Geneallyy be nicer to agents.

RSS Feed </> Embed