Bankers Life & Casualty

Updated September 15, 2014
2.6

Bankers Life & Casualty President Scott Perry
Scott Perry

Pros
  • Great training - Take advantage of all of it - do all of the self training as well (in 20 reviews)

• Good training for a sales job with a better Medicare/medical insurance company (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission sales commissions, with back-charged adjustments for policy cancellations (in 18 reviews)

• No benefits until reach management which can be very fast (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Enjoyed working with the team I was placed on, great leadership, and lots of fun.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Rated as one of the top 100 training companies in the world. If you follow their systems you will be successful. Contests and prizes and trips are offered to agents who meet requirements.

Cons

You are essentially responsible for yourself, must be highly motivated and hold yourself accountable. Long hours in the beginning and lots of new things to learn, but persistency will pay off.

Would be great to organize leads in such a way that they aren't re-distributed throughout the office where multiple people end up calling the same person. Assigning a work/service area would help agents organize business and focus on servicing clients without threat of other agents sharing leads. Also a base salary would be great for agents in their first 8-12 months.

Good experience and training.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

There are really knowledgeable people in this company that will teach you. Decent lead system for you to start building your business. Good place to learn

Cons

commission based, but that isn't really challenging if you have an entrepreneurial spirit. The hardest part is when making a sale, there are chances that people will reconsider and you have charge backs that put you into the negative $$$ range. No real team atmosphere.

needs a better environment, needs more positivity.

Company is very professional

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited opportunity for financial growth

Cons

need to be a go getter

n/a

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Make sure you have enough of your own money before accepting a job here.

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does a great job at setting you up with the training that you need and a few solid leads to get your business started. You will always have a senior agent to travel with you until you are ready to go out and sell on your own. They generally let you work an area that is close to your home.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me was there is no base salary with this company. Everything you earn comes off of commission. I didn't realize until after taking the job, how much of my own money was going to be required to get the ball rolling. Also gas and mileage all come out of your own pocket. It really drained a lot of my savings to get going with the company. Also with it only being commission, if you don't make any sales for two weeks, you can't pay your bills. Also the only clientele that they work with is senior citizens, who rarely will change their mind on who is gonna handle their retirement.

Insurance Sales Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

Pros

Excellent Training, A great starting point for learning the insurance business.

Cons

Recruiting practices could be evolved into actually hiring the best candidates, not just anyone off the street!

I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis. The environment was great.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099 in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer very competitive commisssions. They have excellent training on products. Management is helpful and if you have a good ratio of sales you can move into a management position. Sales incentives are fantastic.

Cons

You have to be good at sales. It isn't as easy as it seems.

Company with great values

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Limitless opportunities to grow your business
    Management is committed to company values and to improving both products and employee support

Cons

100% commission. Says it all.

Share some of the many orphans that you get when people quit or are fired

Bankers Life Home Office, Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Manager, Marketing Communications  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager, Marketing Communications in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Variety of projects, opportunity to work on high-profile creative copywriting and design projects for departments across the company, good salary and bonus structure, onsite health clinic and wellness program

Cons

Very busy project workload and the ability to hire staff/contract resources can be limited

So far...not bad

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training and (at least in our local office) a great office atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and helpful from the managers down to the new agents.

Cons

Commission only. Long hours especially if you are not located close to the local office. With training and license requirements, you can be without an income for a while which hurts especially if you have been out of work. I haven't been there long enough to share much more here.

Consider offering some kind of base pay to help new agents get on their feet. I think more folks would stick it out if they didn't have to mortgage the family farm to work here. (OK, an overstatement, but you get my point I think).

sales agent

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty

Pros

still cant find any good things for working there.

Cons

very unreliable manegmanat .. too many changes in one officw

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!