Bannatyne Fitness

Decent company!

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at Bannatyne Fitness

Pros

I can say that B Fitness is really a good place to work for. I think that overall the company offers a decent work environment, with very good benefits, fair compensation and vacation time, as well as good coworkers and a fairly supportive management team.

I think the work environment is pretty good because most of the time I have meaningful work with clear expectations from management. Also, it seems like B Fitness provides clean working facilities that are generally safe and give me most of the needed resources to do my job. By in large, this is mostly stable work environment, but there is some turnover. Also, I feel like I have reasonable job security.

Cons

B Fitness provides solid company benefits like some paid time off and sick leave, some medical and dental insurance, as well as a some other employee programs. I feel like the company takes decent care of their employees and their general well being.

I can say that both my coworkers and the management team are good at B Fitness. There is a decent sense of fairness in the company and the employees are mostly treated with respect. Management is professional and good at giving frequent feedback and work hard to foster a sense of team.

B Fitness is a good company to work for and I would recommend it.

None, I think they do a great job. It would just be nice if they were more flexible.

Interesting 8 Months

I worked at Bannatyne Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Dragon is a great Brand!

Cons

Fear Culture throughout the company, twice ran afoul of the Director for simply doing my job. Lack of Work for me, huge improvements needed

Be Nicer to staff and get rid of the Fear Culture!

Under paid, over worked

Current Employee - Fitness Advisor  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Fitness Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bannatyne Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

The fitness team are paid based on the 'Cosgrove' scale, but everyone else (reception, bar staff) are all paid minimum wage.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work Boxing day and New years day with no extra holiday or pay. Extremly low wages and no paid break on shift!

Give your staff a paid break! It would not affect the buissiness at all and your staff would be much happier!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bannatyne Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

free gym membership. 20% discounts spa treatments+ products

Cons

low wages, means unmotivated staff. company try's to save as much as can at the expense of staff and customers. uniforms are unflattreing

porter's theory

Don't Do It!

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Bannatyne Fitness

Pros

The facilities and the environment are good. There is a lot of involvement with the members, and this is a great experience if you enjoy making a difference to someones day.

Cons

Lack of autonomy - in fact, a lack of ability to make any kind of managerial descision at all. Lack of care and respect for club members and team members alike. There is a lot of shift work as you might expect from facilities that are open extended hours, and of course the clubs are only closed 1 day a year. The holiday allowance is the legal minimum, and unlike all other fitness clubs, they are not generous enough to give you free membership (or even a discount!) for partners.

Communicate! Allow the entrepreneurial spirit that Duncan is so proud of to permeate to club level, and stop trying to control everything.

Worked for Bannatyne Fitness? Contribute to the Community!