Bannatyne Fitness

Bannatyne Fitness Managing Director G. Nigel Armstrong

G. Nigel Armstrong

Decent company!

Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsI can say that B Fitness is really a good place to work for. I think that overall the company offers a decent work environment, with very good benefits, fair compensation and vacation time, as well as good coworkers and a fairly supportive management team.

I think the work environment is pretty good because most of the time I have meaningful work with clear expectations from management. Also, it seems like B Fitness provides clean working facilities that are generally safe and give me most of the needed resources to do my job. By in large, this is mostly stable work environment, but there is some turnover. Also, I feel like I have reasonable job security.

ConsB Fitness provides solid company benefits like some paid time off and sick leave, some medical and dental insurance, as well as a some other employee programs. I feel like the company takes decent care of their employees and their general well being.

I can say that both my coworkers and the management team are good at B Fitness. There is a decent sense of fairness in the company and the employees are mostly treated with respect. Management is professional and good at giving frequent feedback and work hard to foster a sense of team.

B Fitness is a good company to work for and I would recommend it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I think they do a great job. It would just be nice if they were more flexible.

Under paid, over worked

Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe fitness team are paid based on the 'Cosgrove' scale, but everyone else (reception, bar staff) are all paid minimum wage.

ConsEveryone is expected to work Boxing day and New years day with no extra holiday or pay. Extremly low wages and no paid break on shift!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your staff a paid break! It would not affect the buissiness at all and your staff would be much happier!

average

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

Prosfree gym membership. 20% discounts spa treatments+ products

Conslow wages, means unmotivated staff. company try's to save as much as can at the expense of staff and customers. uniforms are unflattreing

Advice to Senior Managementporter's theory

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't Do It!

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe facilities and the environment are good. There is a lot of involvement with the members, and this is a great experience if you enjoy making a difference to someones day.

ConsLack of autonomy - in fact, a lack of ability to make any kind of managerial descision at all. Lack of care and respect for club members and team members alike. There is a lot of shift work as you might expect from facilities that are open extended hours, and of course the clubs are only closed 1 day a year. The holiday allowance is the legal minimum, and unlike all other fitness clubs, they are not generous enough to give you free membership (or even a discount!) for partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! Allow the entrepreneurial spirit that Duncan is so proud of to permeate to club level, and stop trying to control everything.

Worked for Bannatyne Fitness? Contribute to the Community!