Banner Health Reviews

• Fairbanks, AK
3.5
Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine
Peter S. Fine

1. Working for Banner Health in 2 different facilities was an excellent experience

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Banner Health as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Greeley, Colorado and the Fairbanks, Alaska Emergency departments as a traveling RN. I truly believe that their moto is happy employees lead to happy patients. I really felt like they cared about each individual employee, that we were not just a number. I would work for their facilities again.

Cons

I really don't know of many negatives, except that they don't have a position for me now as a Nurse Practitioner in the Emergency Department.

Please, open more Acute Care Nurse Practitioner jobs available in the ERs.

Business Office is Great Place to Start

Former Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at Banner Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great opportunity to learn and take on new tasks. The hospital is probably the best employer in the small town.

Cons

Software is old and out of date, high workload, high turn over. If you compare the hospital with one in the lower 48 - by far the lower 48 is more relevant and much more professional.

meh..

Unbelievable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at Banner Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big company, decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Banner in Fairbanks is toxic.
    The administration of the Fairbanks hospital, managed by Banner is a "good old boy" network that requires nurses to violate HIPAA laws and terminates those who object to their micromanagement of clinical departments. The administrative team repeatedly places "scapegoat" directors into departments that are failing financially secondary to administrative incompetence and then they fire or demote them...with the blessings of Banner AZ. Given that the Banner run hospital is the only hospital in the area, their treatment of staff is beyond heartless as they through professionals to the curb in an area where there are few healthcare jobs available. They cannot be trusted to treat the health professional equitably, they are treated based upon the emotions and personal opinions of the bad apples who have made their way into administration.
    The citizens of the community are NOT happy with Banner.

Pay more attention to the needs of the patients, the productive staff, and the needed health programs for your community than you do to the financial whining of Banner AZ. Their woes are NOT Fairbanks woes.