Banner Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine

Peter S. Fine

Pros:
  • "multiple locations, large system, good benefits, good pay, opportunity for advancement"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Focus is on patient care and the future of Healthcare"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "patient care that, but it does not trickle down from direct care providers"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Too many layers of management and very poor Senior Management and Corporate Management"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent health care provided by all (Physicians, Nurses, Respiratory)

Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banner Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe people I work with make all the difference in pleasure & success of our unit. Flexible scheduling. Excellent benefits. Earn paid time off. My management team is awesome.

ConsYou need to be flexible with work assignments. 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4 depending on acuity.

Advice to Senior ManagementClinical Managers should never be "in the count" to take patients. CM are there for us helping the patients, to support us. They have enough CM work to do, don't give them patient assignments. Banner burnsout CM by making them do their normal CM job & take patient assignments.

Great employer - few complaints in 6 years

Community Outreach Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banner Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsQuality of the people - fair pay and benefits. Good communication with employees and opportunity for advancement.

ConsSome lack of standardization between departments - which can be a good or bad thing. Also it can be beauracratic and veeeery slow moving.

Banner is okay to work for

Receiver (Former Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhen I was there the benefits were pretty good. At first I loved my job then....

ConsStarted out doing mail they kept adding more and more work to my plate so much so that I changed jobs. They tend to fire/downsize people and never hire a replacement forcing the remaining personnel to do the job of those that have left and their own jobs as well.

Started out in 2007 they gave a yearly raise of 5% when I quit in 2012 their standards were much higher you had to give 150% to receive a 3% max raise!

I have friends that still work there and the cost of insurance has gone up so high they can not afford it!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop backstabbing the employees. Tell Peter Fine to stop giving himself a 1 million dollar raise and cutting back on raises for the employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lost in the crowd

ED Staff RN (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat Benefits! Great educational opportunities! Staff comradery! I felt like I made a difference in the lives of those I cared for nearly every day.

ConsDefinate corporate feel. You are not a name, but rather an employee number. In winter months the nurse to patient ratio was unacceptable in the sub-acute areas (which many times also contained those awaiting beds in the acute zones!) most shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff. They are the ones who have to figure out how to make changes work which you implement with little to no input from the bedside nurse.

Good not great

I worked at Banner Health

ProsDevelopment opportunities, great people at hospitals, strong leadership at hospital level

ConsCorporate governance, lack of ingenuity

We can't all be Bannerific!

PICU RN (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Banner Health as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNice co-workers
New Facility
Opportunity for advancement
Great benefit package for full-time employees

ConsDisorganized, Lack of Communication between Staffing and individual units, Clique mentality, Hire Travel RN to practice one specialty and float consistently to another unrelated area

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to staff NICU, do not hire nurses familiar with PICU!!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I love what I do and I have a wonderful team to work with.

Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee)
Greeley, CO

I have been working at Banner Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMy immediate manager is a great person, a good therapist and is in touch with his staff, he trusts his staff and is supportive. Upper management has shown good efforts to listen and respond to staff input.

ConsHealthcare is changing and reimbursement is changing, cutting costs is rough at times and not always done in pretty ways.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your decisions/plans as transparent as possible and share this with staff on all levels so we can support those decisions at the base and work together.

Banner Health gave me the chance to advance and the opportunity to train in different modalities.

I worked at Banner Health full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMy managers asked for and listened to my suggestions for improvement. I received help through Banner's Career Transition Program after I was laid off.

ConsAs with all healthcare entities, changes being phased in by the Affordable Care Act are creating a confusing, chaotic atmosphere with multiple fast-paced changes in leadership positions. Downsizing and consolidation is occurring in some areas such as medical imaging.

Great learning opportunity

I worked at Banner Health

ProsExciting to work in healthcare b/c of helping people and making a positive impact.

ConsHealthcare is a difficult space to be in right now, lots of uncertainty and lack of money.

Watch out for hierarchy, favoritism, and antiquated practices

I worked at Banner Health full-time

ProsIf you are lucky enough to have a leader that knows how to lead well, this is a decent company for employees. If you are a clinician, you will have access to highly innovative, evidenced-based protocols.

ConsSalary is at or below average. PTO continually decreases, even mid-year. Hierarchy rules interactions, even when it deters progress. Favoritism runs rapid across many of the teams and departments, which leads to highly inconsistent interactions, coaching, performance reviews, and overall working environments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what is preached related to coaching, performance, and innovation across the board. Realize that people are your best asset and you will fall behind the 2020 vision if you don't start respecting diversity of thought and innovate people practices.

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banner Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banner Health CEO Peter S. Fine. All 172 reviews posted anonymously by Banner Health employees.