Banner Thunderbird Medical Center

Banner Thunderbird Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It just depends on the department you work and your leadership.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsThe benefits are acceptable. There is abundant opportunity for overtime. The training is great for full time employees. There are opportunity for advancement.

ConsConsistently understaffed, Medical Surgical leadership is punitive and not supportive of bedside staff, Banner pay in general is the lowest in the valley. The RN Managers are worked hard and their jobs are threatened on a monthly basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the bedside personnel and you will see your satisfaction scores increase. Stop being punitive and be more supportive.

A good solid job with new challenges and great job security.

Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsThis job pays well and has a great benefits package. The company matches you for the first four percent of contributions to the 401K program.

ConsBanner Health is BIG. That necessitates that it be run like a business. Sometimes the individual gets lost in BIG business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn overall budgeting consider spending more on vendor training for the technicians. It shows the techs that they are appreciated and brings valuable training into the program.

not for profit, but extra concerned for the bottom line and not spending money

Prosgreat team of bed side nurses.

Consmanagement out of touch with the needs of workers they manage

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bullies are everywhere even in hospital management

RN Manager (Former Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsUtilizes latest Medical/ and Surgical technology.

ConsCreates a punitive environment and devalues employees.
    Happy employees equal happy customers, and as this company grows , there is less and less care for the caregivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect those in the trenches and at the bedside determine the company's success, there are many fine and gifted employees, who share Banners Mission, who are now determining the success of other facilities.

Loved it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team work, great employees

Consno overtime available due to financial cutbacks

Worked for Banner Thunderbird Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!