Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Add Photos

Russ Harrington Jr.

Overall good experience with Baptist

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsProfessional environment and most of the doctors were good to work with. Never really had anyone give me a hard time about anything. Pay is decent but on the lower side. They opted for the better charting system compared to other local hospitals.

ConsBetter benefits at other hospitals in the area. Staffing was an issue at times. Outdated equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate equipment and try to to be a cheap on patient care supplies.

Great organization

Nurse Tech (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsRNs, MDs, and the rest of the hospital staff are very professional and dedicated to serving patients and families. Great work atmosphere and culture. Prayer with patients and coworkers is not only acceptable but encouraged. Employees here simply go above and beyond for patients and each other. It was a great organization to work for.

ConsBusy and demanding shifts but that is to be expected at a hospital. At end of the day it was always worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Excellent company to work for based on experience as a front-line employee , middle manager, and director

Program Director (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsSenior leadership, throughout the history of Baptist Health and today, is constantly looking forward. Every decision is made with the future of the organization and its human capital in mind. Leadership attempts to be as transparent as possible by sharing information and the rationale for decisions with employees at all levels of the organization whenever possible. Daily "huddles" provide every employee consistent information about current institutional events and a forum to share information among their team members. The people and culture of the organization definitely set it apart from others. Over the past 20 plus years I have seen the culture become somewhat less rigid and believe this is an improvement. However, in an organization this large a somewhat rigid culture is necessary; we are dealing with the lives of others. Overall the people who work here do the right thing and are there for one another when needed; we care about each other's success, take a great deal of pride in our individual work, that of our team, and beyond. Finally, Baptist Health is committed to education as evident by their financial support of Baptist Health Schools Little Rock, the employee tuition assistance program, and the support of continuing education and career paths in place to assist employees in their personal growth.

ConsThe organization is very large which can make it difficult to get some things accomplished in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what has been successful in the past. Also, continue informing all employees as much as possible. When there is potential for misunderstanding and employee resentment try to share the rationale for decisions made to benefit the system early as opposed to later. Once people get upset and begin talking among one another it is too late; the damage has been done. While some information cannot be shared until later, when possible attempt to explain financial decisions and how they benefit the long-term success of the organization as they are being made.

In the current climate it is obvious that spending must be reduced. However, reductions to continuing education monies are lethal. This benefit attracts and retains trained talent, while ensuring that practitioners are skilled in the latest procedures and techniques. Quality continuing education for allied health professionals is not always available by distance education. And face-to-face interaction with other practicing allied health professionals is invaluable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baptist Health = Great

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Access to education and advancement in position.

ConsSemi Private rooms. Tuition assistance for advanced degrees.

It was ok for awhile but then not so good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to help people thru working at Baptist

ConsNot consistent about treatment of employees. Not very worried about any employees unless they are nurses. Too many programs geared toward nursing and no one else.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to ALL of your employees.

Great Comapny to work for!!

Prosi enjoyed working for Baptist as it gave me the opportunity to gain healthcare experience.

ConsI don't have any cons.

Good hospital. Terrible Foundation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsConvenient location, dedicated nurses, satisfied customers, good reputation

ConsThe hospital's foundation has been hampered by poor leadership for many years. Their current capital campaign has a pitiful 15% success rate. In any other nonprofit, this would get the fundraising director fired. Extreme office politics and back-stabbing are the norm, despite all the talk about "BEST" customer service. I would never work for or donate to this organization again.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership has to change.

RN

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers and team work on the floor. Great learning experiences. Awesome physicians and clinics.

ConsManagement has too many meetings to fix problems but no real advancements. Raises are a joke. Too much turn over because the pay sucks and staffing awful. Way too many political plays involved. Also too many lay offs when it's obvious they are acquiring new hospitals. Doesn't make sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop buying new hospitals before helping the ones that are currently not efficient.

I'd rather die than work there again, and no I'm not a disgruntled ex-employee. I'm a human with a back bone.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Sherwood, AR

ProsDecent insurance, crappy to no bonus, a few good nurses.

ConsManagement gives not 2 cents about their staff, upper level management will side with manager even when half the staff makes formal complaints over and over and over again. They are the reason I'm getting out of nursing. They make people want to go postal!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves. From Practice Plus to the Big wigs at Big Baptist, you do not deserve to be in such leadership rolls playing games with people's livelihood and threatening their jobs if they don't conform to your messed up leadership.

They're more concerned with money than they are their employees

Lab (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsThey had very good benefits and the people and patients I worked with were wonderful. Administration needs work tho

ConsThe " Big Wigs " really doesn't care for the " Little People ". More concerned with making more money but not keeping good, dedicated employees

Worked for Baptist Health (Arkansas)? Contribute to the Community!