Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Overall good experience with Baptist

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional environment and most of the doctors were good to work with. Never really had anyone give me a hard time about anything. Pay is decent but on the lower side. They opted for the better charting system compared to other local hospitals.

Cons

Better benefits at other hospitals in the area. Staffing was an issue at times. Outdated equipment.

Update equipment and try to to be a cheap on patient care supplies.

Only if you need a job

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

It is a job and it can give health-care experience

Cons

Crappy place, high turn over for a lot of nursing staff, and the suits could care less. They get their pay and that is all that ever matters to them; oh and buying other hospitals out.

This place is a joke !!

Former Employee - Security  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Security in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro's is that it pays decent

Cons

where do i start...(1) overly competitive in all departments (2) nurses, doctors, and techs all think they are above and beyond reproach (3) The supervisors treat their staffs like crap. (4) unless you like stabbing people in the back to get to the top i would not work here

management if there is such a thing, needs to understand that working there should not be a competition, it should be a JOB ! I can understand if a company wants to compete with other hospitals, but coworkers and supervisors should not have to compete to keep their jobs

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great organization

Former Employee - Nurse Tech  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Nurse Tech in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

RNs, MDs, and the rest of the hospital staff are very professional and dedicated to serving patients and families. Great work atmosphere and culture. Prayer with patients and coworkers is not only acceptable but encouraged. Employees here simply go above and beyond for patients and each other. It was a great organization to work for.

Cons

Busy and demanding shifts but that is to be expected at a hospital. At end of the day it was always worth it.

Keep up the good work

Excellent company to work for based on experience as a front-line employee , middle manager, and director

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Program Director in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Senior leadership, throughout the history of Baptist Health and today, is constantly looking forward. Every decision is made with the future of the organization and its human capital in mind. Leadership attempts to be as transparent as possible by sharing information and the rationale for decisions with employees at all levels of the organization whenever possible. Daily "huddles" provide every employee consistent information about current institutional events and a forum to share information among their team members. The people and culture of the organization definitely set it apart from others. Over the past 20 plus years I have seen the culture become somewhat less rigid and believe this is an improvement. However, in an organization this large a somewhat rigid culture is necessary; we are dealing with the lives of others. Overall the people who work here do the right thing and are there for one another when needed; we care about each other's success, take a great deal of pride in our individual work, that of our team, and beyond. Finally, Baptist Health is committed to education as evident by their financial support of Baptist Health Schools Little Rock, the employee tuition assistance program, and the support of continuing education and career paths in place to assist employees in their personal growth.

Cons

The organization is very large which can make it difficult to get some things accomplished in a timely manner.

Keep doing what has been successful in the past. Also, continue informing all employees as much as possible. When there is potential for misunderstanding and employee resentment try to share the rationale for decisions made to benefit the system early as opposed to later. Once people get upset and begin talking among one another it is too late; the damage has been done. While some information cannot be shared until later, when possible attempt to explain financial decisions and how they benefit the long-term success of the organization as they are being made.

In the current climate it is obvious that spending must be reduced. However, reductions to continuing education monies are lethal. This benefit attracts and retains trained talent, while ensuring that practitioners are skilled in the latest procedures and techniques. Quality continuing education for allied health professionals is not always available by distance education. And face-to-face interaction with other practicing allied health professionals is invaluable.

Baptist Health = Great

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Access to education and advancement in position.

Cons

Semi Private rooms. Tuition assistance for advanced degrees.

It was ok for awhile but then not so good.

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was able to help people thru working at Baptist

Cons

Not consistent about treatment of employees. Not very worried about any employees unless they are nurses. Too many programs geared toward nursing and no one else.

Pay attention to ALL of your employees.

Great Comapny to work for!!

I have been working at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

i enjoyed working for Baptist as it gave me the opportunity to gain healthcare experience.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Good hospital. Terrible Foundation.

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

Convenient location, dedicated nurses, satisfied customers, good reputation

Cons

The hospital's foundation has been hampered by poor leadership for many years. Their current capital campaign has a pitiful 15% success rate. In any other nonprofit, this would get the fundraising director fired. Extreme office politics and back-stabbing are the norm, despite all the talk about "BEST" customer service. I would never work for or donate to this organization again.

Leadership has to change.

RN

I worked at Baptist Health (Arkansas)

Pros

Great coworkers and team work on the floor. Great learning experiences. Awesome physicians and clinics.

Cons

Management has too many meetings to fix problems but no real advancements. Raises are a joke. Too much turn over because the pay sucks and staffing awful. Way too many political plays involved. Also too many lay offs when it's obvious they are acquiring new hospitals. Doesn't make sense.

Stop buying new hospitals before helping the ones that are currently not efficient.

Worked for Baptist Health (Arkansas)? Contribute to the Community!