Baptist Health (Florida) Reviews

Reset
3.6
Baptist Health (Florida) President and CEO A. Hugh Greene
A. Hugh Greene

Pros
  • Professional Envirnment, Great staff, teamwork, personal growth (in 2 reviews)

• Dedication to patient care and employees (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the nurses are lazy and don't like to help (in 3 reviews)

• Old school" mentality, bowing down to physicians (in 2 reviews)

1. Anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement. Great staff Lots of community involvement Clean facility

Cons

Lower pay than other hospitals in the area. High volume of new graduate nurses.

Advice to Management

Give the employees that work hard and make Baptist what it is the pay they deserve

2. Not impressed

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida)

Pros

Benefits are great over all

Cons

Pay is low compared to state average, benefits are expensive, earned time off system needs work. Management in primary office needs to step up

Advice to Management

I work at a pediatric office within the organization and I think upper management does not do her job well. Communication is the worst I have ever seen. No one knows where she is HFCs the time and no one knows other information that others would benefit from knowing.

3. Not bad but not the best

Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Education paid for up to $2000 yearly for FT employee. Benefits are above average (but not the best.)

Cons

Very low pay in comparison to other facilities. Over worked and understaffed often. Not much room for growth if not RN. Can be cliches at times. Management can be quick to punish without getting both sides. Need more training by people who know how to train. Unprofessional in the way Director comments about people's work in front of peers and even disciplines in front of peers, which is unprofessional and demeaning.

Advice to Management

Investigate and find out all details before asking one side to admit fault. Speak to people behind closed doors and don't comment on another person's work in front of or to other people. Before you try to train, please understand what you are training on so not to create more confusion.

5. Good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great medical benefits, room for advancement is available after being employeed at least a year.

Cons

Pay is pretty low company wide compared to other area health systems. Sometimes its not "what" you know but "who" in order to advance and you may be overlooked.

6. Not happy here.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get hospital experience. I don't have any more anything to say about this hospital which is in downtown Jax.

Cons

Long drawn out hiring process. Not enough staff for floors. Over worked Nurses and Acp's. You have to stay in an area for 1 year before you can transfer to any other department.

Advice to Management

Cut down the time from 1 yr to 6mo for transfers. If someone discovers that they are not happy in a particular area or department why make them stay?? That brings down morale. This hospital system is large. There are lots of areas that someone could find and be happy working them. Why make it hard?

7. Assistant nurse manager

Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great

Cons

The surrounding area is growing so fast it's hard for us to keep up

8. Great culture - focused on patient care. Unfortunately...physician and Sr. leadership culture needs improvement.

Former Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Continuous focus on patient care

Cons

Physicians and Sr. leadership do not follow rules or policies/procedures. Unprofessionalism is tolerated from these folks.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equal.

9. Company wasn't bad overall, but needs some work.

Former Employee - Pct in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Pct in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good and insurance was great.

Cons

Little concern for lower end employees. Training was lumped with other groups of employees that had nothing to do with the job that was to be done.

Advice to Management

Understand that peoe have lives away from work. Make employees of all levels feel valued, not just portions of the staff.

Full of incompetent people, only hire/promote friends

Current Employee - Information Technology in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Miami, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone seems friendly. Looks good on your resume because people from the outside think Baptist is the best

Cons

Maybe they once did care about their employees and their patients well being but are now only concerned about profits. They are "non-profit" but Baptist Health Enterprise isn't. Promotions are very slow, if any at all. And good luck being hired unless you are related to management. They obviously do not care how much education job applicants have as half of the nurses at Baptist can barely speak english. Show up to an interview with a 2 Masters Degrees but no employee referal and if your lucky theyll start you above minimum wage. "The best place to be your best"? If they are paying me half of what I could be making at other companies with the same job role then it hardly lives up to that.

Advice to Management

Have face to face employee satisfaction surveys. Instead of having an online survey with multiple choice questions that dont even address the issues that they are having. Once the survey results do come in (with horrible results) management does absolutely nothing to fix the issues and the same results (or worse) are received the next year. I have worked at three different departments since I have worked at Baptist and about 75% of the employees I have worked with HATED working there. The other 25% were so incompetent that they were just happy they had a job cause they knew no other place would hire them.

11. Land of opportunity

Current Employee - Nursing Educator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Nursing Educator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best health care system in NE Florida

Cons

Lower wages than most in the area

RSS Feed </> Embed