Baptist Health System (Texas)

www.baptisthealthsystem.com

Baptist Health System (Texas) Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kent Wallas

Interesting

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI love everyone I work with most of the time. The ER is a great place to work. Everyday is different.

ConsWe have an old building and a lot of our equipment is old.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in new equipment and listen to ideas of employees

It has been among the friendliest of hospitals I have worked in.

Registered Nurse, RN (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe hospital I work in is medium sized and everyone employed there is very friendly. It feels like a large extended family. The theory is that the patients come first, always.

ConsNot getting my hours as a pool employee and feeling overworked due to cutting staffing too short. Hearing patient complaints about not getting needed care because "everyone is too busy."

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the unit managers are not very helpful to new staff and do not always work well with other departments.

Great leadership and family focused

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsManagement is always there for you. Compassionate about their patients

ConsMarketing can be stressful at times depending on area you are marketing

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everyone marketing was in pharmaceutical sales ...so don't expect them to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great and committed

ConsVery fast paced but made the day go by fast

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways listen to the people

Going thru many changes with the possible new buy out

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe coworkers and if your lucky-a Decent Director

ConsYou have to work there to understand the bad and the ugly.

I have grown increasingly disappointed with the company over the years but it may just be a dept. issue.

Registrar Specialist/Patient Access (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat job opportunity for someone who is looking to get into the healthcare field. I personally have gain a lot of knowledge when it comes to the patient billing cycle. Healthcare benefits are available to FT & PT employees. Has an employee wellness dept. that focuses on getting the employees involved in different activities throughout the year. Shifts are available 24/7 within almost all dept. but that may go with out saying. Has a great set of values for patient care and I feel the original culture that I first entered into can be restored given the right leader. We have several great employees who genuinely love what they do and that's always encouraging.

ConsThe pay could be better and the turn over rate is high in comparison to when I first started with the company. Management has unrealistic expectation of their employees; not being properly staffed poses the biggest issue; and then reprimands employees for not meeting the expectations that were set.
    Management will listen to employees concern but will not act on it; this makes the employees feel under valued and discouraging to bring up any future issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better organizational structure with in the dept., this will allow for the employees to see their own personal growth within the dept./company and will give new hires a goal to work towards. Seeing employees who have worked with the company for 5+ years with the same title/job as a new hire is a bit discouraging.

Horrible Management, Not team Oriented, Too Much Gossiping, Too Much Drama

Collector (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPay Check, Desk, Computer, "tele-phone"time

ConsBusiness management does not care about you as a person, they treat you like a replaceable part, they use you up and spit you out, they work you dry give you a pat on the back and give you more and more work. They let the ignorant, loud, lazy people slack off and take advantage of the hard workers. They do not help you succeeded, management would much rather stir up drama and watch you fail and laugh behind closed doors about it. Their training is poor and management wonders why productivity is so bad, they blame it on their employes instead of themselves, they breach security and confidentiality agreements by sharing passwords, managements and employes are ALWAYS gossiping!!!!! Workers like to call you out on petty errors, and CC every one and their momma in email (not professional), NOT team oriented at all. TOO much drama, keep out of this place! Don't go to HR either, management WILL retaliate and make your life worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up, learn how to manage properly and professionally, cut the gossiping and immature behavior, learn how to do the job you are trying to manage!

Did not like fact that we were not kept informed of job lay off.

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe health insurance was a good plan.

ConsDid not give enough time to find other employment, had 1 week notification of the lay off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps in the beginning they should of been more up front with employees.

Baptist Health System

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsWonderful management. Team environment with everyone working together to accomplish the mission.

ConsThe healthcare environment is very unstable right now with all the changes taking place in reimbursement.

warehouse clerk

Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsHelath insurance coverage is superb.

ConsAlot of mirco managing and work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job and be more appreciative.

Worked for Baptist Health System (Texas)? Contribute to the Community!