Baptist Health System (Texas)

www.baptisthealthsystem.com

1 Rating

Interesting

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love everyone I work with most of the time. The ER is a great place to work. Everyday is different.

Cons

We have an old building and a lot of our equipment is old.

Invest in new equipment and listen to ideas of employees

It was alright

Former Employee - Staff RN  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Staff RN in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are caring and nice. They try to work best as a team.

Cons

Medical surgical units don't have free charge. Kind of like one man for himself. They want you to provide the best patient care but yet under staff you. They almost always take patients side. If census drops they send home aids/clerks then we end up getting more New admits and are screwed. The people try to work as a team yet it is hard when you have your own heavy assignment. No support from management they just threaten to write you up or do write you up yet never help out the floors. Not very much support for new nurses either.

Be more supportive to your units and stop threatening people with write ups. Directors help out your floor! And be more supportive to new nurses!

It has been among the friendliest of hospitals I have worked in.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, RN  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health System (Texas) part-time for more than a year

Pros

The hospital I work in is medium sized and everyone employed there is very friendly. It feels like a large extended family. The theory is that the patients come first, always.

Cons

Not getting my hours as a pool employee and feeling overworked due to cutting staffing too short. Hearing patient complaints about not getting needed care because "everyone is too busy."

Some of the unit managers are not very helpful to new staff and do not always work well with other departments.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great leadership and family focused

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Management is always there for you. Compassionate about their patients

Cons

Marketing can be stressful at times depending on area you are marketing

Not everyone marketing was in pharmaceutical sales ...so don't expect them to be.

Excellent Company

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are great and committed

Cons

Very fast paced but made the day go by fast

Always listen to the people

Going thru many changes with the possible new buy out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers and if your lucky-a Decent Director

Cons

You have to work there to understand the bad and the ugly.

I have grown increasingly disappointed with the company over the years but it may just be a dept. issue.

Current Employee - Registrar Specialist/Patient Access  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registrar Specialist/Patient Access in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great job opportunity for someone who is looking to get into the healthcare field. I personally have gain a lot of knowledge when it comes to the patient billing cycle. Healthcare benefits are available to FT & PT employees. Has an employee wellness dept. that focuses on getting the employees involved in different activities throughout the year. Shifts are available 24/7 within almost all dept. but that may go with out saying. Has a great set of values for patient care and I feel the original culture that I first entered into can be restored given the right leader. We have several great employees who genuinely love what they do and that's always encouraging.

Cons

The pay could be better and the turn over rate is high in comparison to when I first started with the company. Management has unrealistic expectation of their employees; not being properly staffed poses the biggest issue; and then reprimands employees for not meeting the expectations that were set.
    Management will listen to employees concern but will not act on it; this makes the employees feel under valued and discouraging to bring up any future issues.

Have a better organizational structure with in the dept., this will allow for the employees to see their own personal growth within the dept./company and will give new hires a goal to work towards. Seeing employees who have worked with the company for 5+ years with the same title/job as a new hire is a bit discouraging.

Did not like fact that we were not kept informed of job lay off.

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time

Pros

The health insurance was a good plan.

Cons

Did not give enough time to find other employment, had 1 week notification of the lay off.

Perhaps in the beginning they should of been more up front with employees.

Horrible Management, Not team Oriented, Too Much Gossiping, Too Much Drama

Current Employee - Collector  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Collector in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay Check, Desk, Computer, "tele-phone"time

Cons

Business management does not care about you as a person, they treat you like a replaceable part, they use you up and spit you out, they work you dry give you a pat on the back and give you more and more work. They let the ignorant, loud, lazy people slack off and take advantage of the hard workers. They do not help you succeeded, management would much rather stir up drama and watch you fail and laugh behind closed doors about it. Their training is poor and management wonders why productivity is so bad, they blame it on their employes instead of themselves, they breach security and confidentiality agreements by sharing passwords, managements and employes are ALWAYS gossiping!!!!! Workers like to call you out on petty errors, and CC every one and their momma in email (not professional), NOT team oriented at all. TOO much drama, keep out of this place! Don't go to HR either, management WILL retaliate and make your life worse.

Grow up, learn how to manage properly and professionally, cut the gossiping and immature behavior, learn how to do the job you are trying to manage!

Baptist Health System

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful management. Team environment with everyone working together to accomplish the mission.

Cons

The healthcare environment is very unstable right now with all the changes taking place in reimbursement.

Worked for Baptist Health System (Texas)? Contribute to the Community!