Baptist Hospital

Bernie Sherry

Great people, great management

CNA (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsI love working with & taking care of people. Good pay.

ConsLots of bodily fluids involved

Could have been better

ProsGood hours and my schedule was flexible enough to schedule appointments.

ConsHigh patient load for healthcare workers and not enough money for the load that we had.

Financial Analyst challenging

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsAverage all around. Grass is not always greener on other side, and did learn alot about human nature in the work place.

ConsStability went out the window a long time ago. When I got news from corporate they may downsize and move support services, I started looking and found another job with another company. Sure enough, they relocated the support staff out of the area due to cost cutting and consolidations. Its the nature of the beast in the medical industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the "this is the way we have always done things."

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best ever.service is tops

Pca (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsSpiritual. Courageously optimistic. Convenient. Loving caring associates.benefit are great. Ovarall great company

ConsNot centrally located for me

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways have an open door policy. Listen to employees.

Nothing outstanding compared to other hospitals.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsThe had a job opening and I was able to get an interview and job offer quickly.

ConsNot always enough patients on schedule to have a full work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because I do not have a BA doesn't meant I am less competent than those with one.

A good job with (mostly) good people.

Sterile Processing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsBaptist has a comprehensive, affordable benefits package. Most people are friendly and helpful, and have a good sense of humor about their jobs, even if the work they do is unpleasant or thankless. The hospital takes active steps to care for the safety of it's patients and employees.

ConsThe man who runs the department where I work is really difficult to work for. I don't know much about the rest of the hospital, but if you are reading this because you're curious about working in the Sterile Processing Department, I would look at another position in the hospital. If you do decide to take a position in SPD, just be prepared to lower your expectations. There's little to no training, a lot of gossip, and the department is chronically understaffed because the aforementioned manager is so disrespectful and incompetent. Leadership has been slow to respond to the employee's complaints and concerns about management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough it can be difficult to filter legitimate problems from the discord of employee feedback, a marked increase and persistence of turnover in a particular workgroup is a good indicator of a problem with leadership.

Focus on wrong issues

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsDecent range of versatility, many different scopes of practice allow for great learning opportunity. easy to get to and free parking close to hosp

ConsManagement is focused on micromanaging most of the time, very busy hosp. management needs to pick their battles. Not reasonable to expect you to keep up with a huge workload and to still be able to cross your t's and dot your I's. It's a non-profit so expect a ton of clientell that expect a hand out and do nothing to improve themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the group of your employees voice concerns about not just the few you take smoke breaks with

Worked for Baptist Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baptist Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baptist Hospital CEO Bernie Sherry. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Baptist Hospital employees.