www.bardaccess.com

Dave Hemink

Good work enviroment

Current Employee - International Regulatory Affairs in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - International Regulatory Affairs in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

good training process, and nice workmate

Cons

too far away from town

Can you work in an oppressive work environment?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Bard Access Systems

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and many talented and intelligent people. They are driven to produce great products.

Cons

Company policy, work hours, dress code, drinking alcohol, promotions etc. applied to some but not all – HR discretion.
    The handbook states that you can’t be promoted until you have been with the company for a year, however, this only applies to some and not others – HR discretion.
    Promotions not based on hard work or productivity, but how well you sucked up to your manager.
    Higher expectations imposed on some employees and not others within the same department. This is a form of harassment that was tolerated by the HR department.

Please open your eyes. You can’t continue to reward the slackers while ignoring the real people getting the work done. When multiple employees complain about a manager or other employee because of unethical or improper behavior, they should be taken seriously and not punished. The company and HR department needs to follow its own policies and promote a happy and healthy work environment for all.

Great company culture and atmosphere

Current Employee - R&D Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - R&D Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture is fun

Cons

Hard to get crossover between different divisions of the company

Good company to intern at but sometimes gets dull.

Current Employee - R&D in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - R&D in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Work environment is great, everyone is very nice and gets a long. BARD also does a good job of being ethical and trying to meet patients needs.

Cons

People stay for a long time so there is nowhere to go up except to find another company.
    Sometimes interns dont get as much credit as they should.
    Sometimes gets a little boring, but that is going to be most jobs.

Great Company

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I have been an intern at BAS for over 6 months and I really enjoy the atmosphere at the company and those I work with. Great pay even for an intern, awesome benefits of working here with different group and company wide activities

Cons

I am looking to go full-time and it seems to be a very long, drawn-out process for internal candidates to get promoted. I have been told this by several people and the feeling seems to be that once you are here they can take as long as they would like to hire you because you won't go anywhere; whereas external candidates get moved on quickly so as not to lose them to a competitor.

Treat internal candidates like gold, I might be willing to wait a little longer than an external candidate, but holding me up sours me towards the company.

Quality, Integrity, Service, Innovation

Current Employee - R&D Tech III in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - R&D Tech III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bard Access Systems is outstanding when it comes to treating their employees. Not only are the medical benefits fantastic, but company parties occur throughout the year. Management is always seeking their employees' opinions on how they can do things better. The people and atmosphere are just magnificent. There are lots of opportunities for growth and promotion.

Cons

Working in the medical device industry requires a very large attention to detail. There is lots of paper work and it's not for those who weary quickly of monotony and repetitive tasks (Technicians only). The Perks Points system is a little lame. Other than that, it's a pretty great place

Great company and great people to work with

Current Employee - R&D Engineering Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - R&D Engineering Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a ton and had the opportunity to work with some great people. The work is fun and challenging. Good things starting to happen to foster teamwork and a better work environment.

Cons

Company doesn't seem to reward commitment. Being hired on full time seems quite political and doesn't foster a good transition.

Decent work place. Good benefits

Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Bard Access Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, bonus structure, performance review programs.

Cons

Bureaucracy
    Work culture can be made more collaborative

It feels like a family, the company and my boss really care about me. Salt Lake division highly successful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bard Access Systems (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company culture, work hard play hard, great work life balance. On-site cafeteria, gym, free yoga, zumba, way awesome benefits (100% no deductible) Very smart people, collaborative atmosphere, adopting new technologies, fast pace environment.

Cons

Remote location, there really isn't a nice neighborhood within 10 miles. Sometimes tough to promote in small departments. Corporate is way slow to adopt more efficient, modern processes.

Work life balance unevenly distributed, I have been lucky but not everyone shares my luck.

Do You Like Oppression?

I worked at Bard Access Systems full-time

Pros

They are truly sincere about the quality of their products and patient care and comfort. Benefits are great. Good bonuses for salaried people. Those who are good at sucking up are more likely to succeed. Rapid advancement for personal friends of the HR Manager.

Cons

Promotions are not based on quality or quantity of work, or length of service, but on whose butt you are willing to kiss. The company motto, "We've always done it that way" and we are not going to change. They don't value their employees and would rather hire new ones. The mentality of the HR department is that you should be happy to have a job, no matter how badly we treat you.

Employee morale is low. Too many low level managers and each with a different set of rules and expectations. Enforcement of rules and policies should be the same for everyone. Appreciate your employees and quit treating them like they are expendable.

Bard Access Systems Photos