Bard

Add Photos

Bard Chairman and CEO Timothy M. Ring

Timothy M. Ring

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Murray Hill, NJ

I worked at Bard as an intern for less than a year

ProsGood people to work with. The cafeteria is subsidized. Bosses are approachable. The work is also very interesting. I really enjoyed working there

ConsHQ location not ideal for recruiting young people who want to live in NYC. No other cons really to speak of

Marketing Intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
Murray Hill, NJ

I worked at Bard as an intern for more than a year

ProsGreat people, great experience. Positive work atmosphere. It is not just a place for jobs, but careers. Forward looking international company with little to no politics. Can't ask for much more!

ConsNot many downsides to working at Bard. Pretty inviting environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for a job in the tri state area.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is friendly and motivating

ok

I have been working at Bard

Prospeople are friendly and nice

Conspay is stingy and low

motivating

Mfg Eng (Current Employee)
Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)

I have been working at Bard full-time for less than a year

Prosbe part of the international excellent team work

Consdon't have a development plan for the employees

Advice to Senior Managementis important stimulation and development of employees, we are all on the same team, so it is necessary to rowing in the same side

A necessary evil

Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Bard full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSome great people
They try to help in the community
They make small, periodic efforts to show employees they are valued

ConsMany decent managers, but a handful of very bad managers that ruin things for everyone else. Management isn't just about getting results, it's about effectively managing people. I don't care how great a company is, if I have a bad manager, then he or she is my reality for 40+ hours per week.
Very limited room for advancement, and often the candidate is chosen before the position is even posted for bidding (although they swear this is not the case). I know this because I was told first-hand by someone involved in the hiring decisions.
No longer a sense of job security due to frequent layoffs and policy changes.
A very unfriendly and heavy handed HR department.
Benefits are getting slimmer by the year, and they are slowly chipping away at vacation, PTO and holiday time off.
Extremely controlling of every aspect of the work day, and a culture that seems to discourage innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be beneficial to treat all employees (not just the ones that work with a pen and PC) as human capital rather than human resources. Getting the work done is important, but allow employees to flourish and develop them to their fullest potential. This goes beyond offering tuition reimbursement and online courses only offered to management and exempt staff. If you give people a chance to show you what they are capable of, you might just be surprised once in a while. And with the turbulent and increasingly dynamic business world, it might just be the only way to keep a more sustainable business model.

OK

R&D Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bard full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work for it
Wide breadth of products offers opportunities to gain experience in many areas

ConsBenefits are only ok
Tend to motivate with a stick rather than a carrot
Seems timelines are more important than quality

Not very good

Can't Say (Current Employee)
Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Bard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work that you do.Clean place to work.

ConsManagement has no clue.The DB&A thing they have going on only causes strife with the workers.The "Live Well program" amounts to nothing more then extortion.Job bids get posted but are already filled by the "in" people.Very little room to advance.Product lines moving out with very little to replace them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and come down off your high horse.The workers are the backbone of the company NOT you.

very good

Warwick, RI

I have been working at Bard as an intern for less than a year

Prossmart people to work with and use as resources

Consdull, and can be dry at times.

ENLIGHTENING

Engineer (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bard full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBard has some great people to work with. Very eager to help you learn when you don't understand something and there is definitely room for growth within Bard if you willing to work hard. The directors and below are great, the same can't be said for higher management.

ConsBy in large Human Resources is severely lacking. They are not there to help and only slow progression. When asked for help or a favor do not expect anything. Other Bard facilities, including corporate, have many basic amenities such work out facility and cafeteria; however Bard Peripheral Vascular has nothing of the sort.

Work/ life balance is poor. In order to achieve carrer opportunities work will supersede life.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better work/ life balance as every program seems to be running extremely lean. Need makeover of human resources.

Good company with a solid strategic vision.

Director of Business Development (Former Employee)
Murray Hill, NJ

I worked at Bard full-time for less than a year

ProsEmployees, culture, opportunities, markets served, benefits

ConsBudgets, quarterly management emphasis, lack of risk taking

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little more risk

Worked for Bard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bard CEO Timothy M. Ring. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Bard employees.