Bare Escentuals Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Simon Cowell

Pros
  • Great discount, great products, empowers women (in 23 reviews)

• Great product, customers, retail partners (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non existent (in 14 reviews)

• Inconsistency with upper management (in 23 reviews)

1. Awesome environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to help a lot of people anD majority of them are great full

Cons

Not that much focus on artistry

2. Key holder

Current Employee - Boutique Key Holder in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Boutique Key Holder in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Like a family, get gratis every time something new launches, floating holiday pay and soon accumulating sick pay ! Finally

Cons

No benefits for part timers and no one gets full time, only store manger and assistant manager. Stressful

Advice to Management

Key holders should be getting full time as well!

3. Great Teamwork!

Former Employee - Key Holder in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Rockford, IL

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always a fun environment to work for. Also management is always giving feedback and continuing on education and techniques.

Cons

Product development needs to work on more up to date techniques and products. They are getting much better though.

Advice to Management

Store manager was amazing and should keep up the good work!

5. LOVE

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love my job. I've only worked here for a short time but I am in love with the company. The training is awesome and will be helpful even after leaving this job. The training is fun, usually at a hotel nearby, and you get all kinds of free things. My coworkers and manager are amazing and we all actively help each other to make sure the store is at its best. I hope to move up in the company someday.

Cons

One downside is having sale goals but not receiving commission. Most days I work very hard pushing products onto people and don't see any type of reward. Also, clients are allowed to get their makeup done for free which is a HUGE con, it adds to the body count of the store and 99% of the time they buy nothing cause they're rushing to their event.

Advice to Management

Start charging for make-unders/makeup application for special events, its not fair to work employees at the low hourly pay and see nothing for it

6. Really Great Company

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They focus on the girlfriend experience there. It's all about customer service and making the customer feel like they're at their girlfriend's house and not a retail store. They give you training twice a year where you get to learn new techniques and learn how your ideas and performance are directly impacting the company's vision and success (which is great, because you get to see how important you are to the success of the brand). They give you free product ALL THE TIME! I worked there for a total of 6 months and was given around 20 pieces of free product during that time period.

Cons

Because they believe that the employees directly impact the success of the brand, they're very specific about consistency through out the company. There's no room for creativity in events. They've gotten a lot better though. They no longer require specific brushes to be used only for specific functions. All in all, not many cons though.

Advice to Management

I never had a problem with the Store Manager or the Assistant Manager. I DID, however, have a lot of problems with the two leaders that were promoted from Beauty Ambassador to Key Holder. Because they went straight from a sales position into a leader position (their first management position ever), it seemed to me that they struggled with the leadership aspect of the job title. My suggestion to management would be that they train new leaders on how to be a leader. If it was difficult for two people in my store, then I guarantee this isn't just a one store problem.

7. Ba

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Mishawaka, IN
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clients! Free make up. Learn much about the make up industry.

Cons

Short shifts. Many stores carry the same brand so it can be difficult to compete.

Advice to Management

Depends

8. Hire better district managers

Current Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to sell products, easy retail life.

Cons

Managent, like regional and district are the worst. Would yes you like crazy and then tell you something different.

Advice to Management

Stop being so up tight and get into the artistry too. Nothing worst than telling your staff artistry and creativity doesn't count.

9. My experience as a Beauty Ambassador

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

The training at Bare Escentuals is amazing - One will attend a three day "Beauty Bootcamp" when newly hired, and attend Academy on a quarterly basis.
    What sets Bare Escentuals apart from other beauty brands is education - we are all about educating the client on product knowledge and application rather than simply applying their makeup.

Cons

Contrary to our mission statement of "We exist to make a positive difference in woman's lives," I feel the culture in our boutique is quite the opposite. With an incredibly gossip-y management team whom is very close knit, this causes an uncomfortable work evironment.

Advice to Management

As the leaders of our establishment, this behavior should not be condoned, and sets a terrible example for the team and the Bare Escentuals image. In regards to promoting and molding those who show interest, understand that it will look fantastic on both you and your location if growth is shown from your boutique.

10. Beauty Ambassador

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Friendly managers easy to work with

Cons

None I liked working at BE

11. Field Management=Cruella DeVille

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Great products, beautiful decor in the boutiques.

Cons

Store and Regional Managers among the worst I've ever worked with. For a company that touts how it's all about women, funny how high performing Beauty Ambassadors are told that they have to re-apply for their positions (at less pay) when they leave to give birth. There is nothing progressive about how this company is run - it's the same old tired retail mentality - workers are of little value, expendable and easily replaced. Too bad they don't understand the costs of hiring new employees versus retaining current employees that work hard for the company.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand and start sending people from the home office, incognito to see what really goes on in your stores. Stop treating people like valueless slaves.

RSS Feed </> Embed