www.bareescentuals.com

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
3.1

Simon Cowell

Pros
  • Great Discount, bonus good (when can hit sales goals), great products and customers (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and a great product make it a really easy company to work for (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • NO WORK LIFE BALANCE, don't expect to have any kind of life ever (in 14 reviews)

• upper management isn't very concerned with opinions or needs of employees (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Great leaders

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

The upper management were fantastic to work for. They showed passion for the industry and inspired others with that passion.

Cons

Sometimes business was slow. Lot's of calling on the phone to clients to make your business happen. Overtime wasn't given as an option very often. No commission.

Fun, rewarding, no regrets

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome gratis and discount. The management can be a bit favorite-y and strict on write ups but I view this as a positive. Fun work environment. Going to work everyday was like going to a makeover slumber party, only without the pajamas and with sales goals. If you are a personable person and enjoy making lasting relationships with clients its easy.

Cons

I didn't always get as many hours as I would've liked to. Sales goals were difficult sometimes but not unreasonable.

Great when I first started, horrible now.

Current Employee - Assistant Boutique Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Boutique Manager

I have been working at Bare Escentuals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the the company for a LONG time. I mean, leslie still owned the company, we had one type of foundation and only 4 things as part of our *Rare* skincare line. The most exciting things over time have been, the competitive pay, the gratis, the discount, the benefits, and the training and education, but most importantly the feeling of being a true "girlfriend". Great product line, basically sells itself.

Cons

Everything has changed over time, as most things do, however not for the best. We do not receive as GOOD or as much gratis as we used to, the pay scale is unfair (with one person in one location making WAY more than another location within the same district for the SAME position) there is hardly ANY true management training, sales incentives and contests have gone downhill, people are put into positions because of favoritism not merrit, "coaching out" is now more prevelant than coaching up. There is absolutely no work life balance: Someone in your family died? Oh well, come to work, oh you have the flu? You'll be fine, come to the work, oh it's your wedding? No not anymore, come to work. Make sure you leave all your problems at the door though & put a smile on your pretty face!

Training. Not just product training, but REAL training, for ALL management. Make it more fun, we don't sell shoes. It's not about the girlfriend experience anymore... Let's get back to that. & more presence from upper management in boutiques. It's exciting, we look forward to it, and don't be pretentious and mean when you are finally in boutiques, we work really hard to be perfect when you are there and would appreciate some acknowledgment and words of praise.

Okay company, upper management could use some work

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time

Pros

The discount
    Meet a lot of people
    Good product

Cons

Can be catty and overly competitive
    Gossip
    Management out of touch with daily happenings of the store

Get in the stores and connect with your employees

company cares, management doesn't

Former Employee - Key Holder in Mohegan, CT
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Mohegan, CT

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

I love the product and I loved working with the clients. The team I used to work for were motivated.

Cons

The management team at my particular location treats staff like garbage. Instead of encouragement, they belittle the staff.

Learn to appreciate the people who bend over backwards to help run your store and get the awesome numbers that you get!

Make sure you have a friend that's higher up than you

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free makeup or skin care and a small amount of very basic training. A lot of the customers are fun to work with when you have time to spend with them.

Cons

Very junior high school level of management. The managers will take the word of whoever buys them coffee or tells them they are pretty.

Try being a little more professional. Even though it's the "girlfriend" experience, it doesn't mean treat other employees like trash

I've been employed with Bare Minerals for 4 years and I love my job. I work for a great company.

Current Employee - Boutique Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Boutique Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of support for sales and artistry. The company as a whole is TRULY dedicated to customer service.

Cons

Completely inept operationally, nothing is up to date. New policies are created with nowhere to reference them other than an email. BIG opportunity for the company and no one is taking it seriously.

Absolutely! Willingness to relocate is incredibly helpful.

Good, but looking for something better

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Freehold, NJ
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Freehold, NJ

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than a year)

Pros

you get a 50% off all BareMinerals products in store. All women, you don't have to worry about being around men.

Cons

Working with most if not all, sales based not commission. Numbers have to be up

Most of the management is all women. Which can be good and bad

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Great Benefits for even part time! Management gives inspiration and great advice.

Cons

The training goes by fast, expected to know it all by the time it is all covered the first time.

i loved it

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

discounts, leadership beauty book and fun place

Cons

always wearing black and working holidays and mall hours

keep up the good work