Bare Escentuals

www.bareescentuals.com

Bare Escentuals Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Bare Escentuals – Corte Madera – “Entrance to a Base Escentuals in Corte Madera, CA”

Simon Cowell

Pros
  • Great Discount, bonus good (when can hit sales goals), great products and customers(in 20 reviews)

• Great discount, great products, empowers women(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • NO WORK LIFE BALANCE, don't expect to have any kind of life ever(in 13 reviews)

• There was a lot of drama in my store and upper management did nothing but fuel it(in 20 reviews)

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great place to grow

Area Trainer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proslots of development offered at this company!

Consevery year our job titles change, our responsibility changes, our demand for travel changes but our salaries do not

Great philosophy

Logtistics (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible hours and a very fun place to work for

ConsNon-competitve salaries. Their salaries are below the market ones and is hard to get promoted.

Management is lousy

Key Holder (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome great co-workers, great clients. Excellent training. Decent gratis.

ConsLow pay, constant changes in the schedule. Constant changes in management, usually for the worse. Relentless pressure to make sales quotas, items-per transactions quotas, average purchase quotas.

They wanted us to do high-pressure sales, which the cliental hated. The lighting was genuinely lousy so color-matching was difficult. But it was mostly the micro-managing that genuinely did not work. It focused so much on continuous pressure, that a great job became a lousy one.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire competent people, and pay them a decent wage, you will not have to micromanage. It takes away the sincerity of the person trying to help your client, and the client feels it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive place to work, but it was acquired by another company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBE was a great place to work I was given many opportunities to grow and work on multiple projects in a great office environment.

ConsCompany was acquired in 2011, so it's not the same place as when I was there. Many people left including key senior management and mid-management. There was a big culture change in the process.

Great boss now, but wasn't always the case.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat discount and gratis. Really fun people to work with. Great company values, they just don't live them.

ConsConstant chaos. I have had more bosses than I can count. Some have been good, but most were really, really, bad. The company never seems to know what their next move is and launches are not successful many time because the teams have no idea what is going on. Sr leadership does not seem to care, and people who perform poorly are often kept around because upper management likes them. Promotions also seemed to be based off of popularity and not actual skill for the job. If you are not someone who adapts to change easily, you will hate this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house starting from the top down. Promote who is the best for the job and not who you like the most...

Nice peers, poor business leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFun peers, great free product, and Leslie is inspiring (although she is pulling away from the business).

ConsIf you like to receive a bonus or job security, do NOT work here. The company leaders make poor business decisions, and HR leaders make uninformed decisions that effect employees negatively. Many of the company leaders are creative, which is great, but they do not have good business sense or know how to run a profitable company. Employees do not bonus, they are losing business, and things are going downhill. Employees are starting to leave, and others are being laid off. This could be such a great company with happy customers and great products, but without knowledgeable business leaders this company will never get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend leaders to business classes or bring in leaders with good business sense. When employees are questioning decisions made by leaders, and in the end the employees are right, a change needs to be made.

Great people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNice people to work with on a daily basis. Most are easy to talk to.

Conssome egos need to be tamed, some team members need to be let go immediately. Way more junior people than I expected

Advice to Senior Managementdont be afraid to fire people who are not working out

BE offers some great opportunities across various areas but IT isn't one of them.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery flexible work schedule, great people on most teams and they know how to throw a party.

ConsIT is a complete mess lacking senior management. Projects start and end seemingly at random. Even large initiatives suffer from ever changing priorities. BUT, we have a new CIO that started yesterday - perhaps there is hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being afraid of taking responsibility for the decisions you are making. The whole company feels paralyzed by you being indecisive!

No longer a good place to work and quickly going downhill.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBare Escentuals has a relaxed, generally positive culture with some very good people.

Cons- Senior management is constantly making bad decisions; good people are jumping ship and running the company into the ground.
    - Product development has made several seriously bad decisions leading to lousy products, good people leaving and a seriously overworked, under-promoted and/or under-skilled team. New product quality is VERY inconsistent and untrustworthy due to mismanagement of product development and new launch schedules.
    - Promotions should not require nepotism or kissing-up, but that's de rigueur at BE.
    - Some departments have a really horrible work/life balance, working 70+ hours/week with senior management looking the other way.
    - Company doesn't know who they are, and they are NOT prestige cosmetics. This leads to making bad decisions around new product launches and marketing in particular.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house at the top.

An average company to work with

Operations Merchandiser (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosenjoyable fast paced working environment

Consnothing to complain about here

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!