Bare International

Bare International Reviews

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014

Dale Bare

A little fish can make a BIG splash here!

Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Bare International

Pros

Bare offers the individual a unique opportunity to make an impact on management decisions and the bottom line. Management respects the feedback of employees and actively seeks out employee opinions and ideas. "Promotion from within" is common. Management is also very respectful of work/life balance and offers flexible scheduling options to employees who have proven their work ethic and commitment.

Cons

Anyone who needs a lot of hand-holding will not succeed in this environment because managers and coworkers all have very full workloads. Though new employees get on the job training on the company's special software packages, they need to already have strong computer skills otherwise. There is no time for remedial training.

N/A - I am personally very satisfied working at BARE.

Dissatisfied with Mystery Shopping with Bare International

Former Employee - Independent Mystery SHopper
    Former Employee - Independent Mystery SHopper

I worked at Bare International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I sent an email to the CEO and he said that he contacted the scheduler and her boss to rectify this situation but I never heard back from anyone and that has been several months ago!

Cons

First of all, they do not have many assignments in my area. I had performed a few shops for them and never a problem and then got a dishonest scheduler that lowered my rating. I had accepted an assignment with them and was given the wrong log in info. So I cancelled the shop & the scheduler lowered my rating. Although, I do not really get hung up on ratings. Although, I'm signed up with over forty different mystery shopping companies and my ratings have always been a 9 or 10. I'm very seriously thinking about deactivating my account with them! Sorry, but I won't miss them!

Hire more honest schedulers. Handle complaints more efficiently.

Editor- Good Supplemental Job

Former Employee - Copy Editor
    Former Employee - Copy Editor

I worked at Bare International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

As an editor ( contract position) I had a Flexible schedule, the ability to accept or reject projects, and I worked remotely from my home computer.

Cons

Pay was LOW, but willing to accept it because of the flexibility. Deadlines were often tight and unpredictable. Each project had a different schedule and you really didn't know what you were getting yourself into until you accepted a project. Usually we would know what the deadline was ahead of time ( same each day) but the daily assignment was unpredictable in that it often came at different times of day and the assignments varied in length. So some days I would receive an assignment at 8 am and it would be 2 hours worth f work due at 8 am the next day. some days I would receive an assignment at 12 noon and was expected to have it done at 6PM, and it was 4 hours worth of work! Hard to manage when home with two small children. Would have been easier to know what to expect a little bit further in advance so that I could plan accordingly.

Better communications about project schedules and details would be really helpful for those working in this role.

Not a bad place for an entry-level job

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Bare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with, good area in Fairfax, VA. Upper management will work with you to get the ball rolling

Cons

Mediocre salaries/benefits. Not exciting work.

Senior managers do a good job at communicating with Project Managers but the highest level executives could be a little more proactive in talking with the rest of the staff.

Good place for freshers and a great work environment

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Bare International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots to learn at Bare if you are looking at a career in Retail-Analytics and consumer research. Amazing for freshers.

Cons

There are lot of promises made at the time of your recruitment and not fulfilled, as per their convenience. Chaotic management/operations.

Please take a consensus while making important decisions and make employee feedback count at every level.

Interesting,Dynamic and Tough

I worked at Bare International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

much more freedom than other places

Cons

poor understanding of the Asian culture and work environment

Great exposure and learning

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work culture, Nice people around, good exposure, Innovation appreciated, good client interaction

Cons

Not great compensation, shortage of manpower, scope for improvement in infrastructure, need to enhance brand name, need to increase the awareness about mystery shopping consumer reaserch among people.

Hit or Miss

I have been working at Bare International

Pros

laid back atmosphere, plenty of privacy to work, nice flow of work

Cons

can be ghost town sometimes due to the telecommute.

...I like the management...

Epitome of favoritism

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Bare International

Pros

Challenging and competitive environment, very good for freshers if wanting to develop and improve professional skills. Good set of clients.

Cons

Favoritism prevails here. No opportunity for growth or career advancement, it could easily be some Indian Private business, where employees are hired just because they are available like cheap labour and can be always blamed for the shortcomings of the management.

The Mumbai office might be a satellite office, but it sure needs some governance, especially where the HR is concerned.