Barnes, Dennig & Co.

Steve Hube

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Barnes, Dennig & Co.

Pros

Flexible and reduced-hour work schedules are available. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Not much training available to staff.

Offer more training.

Great people but management is causing the talent to leave.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Barnes, Dennig & Co. full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. Safe work location. Being downtown is great. If you want to work part time they will be very happy to let you. The benefits are similar to other CPA firms.

Cons

Right now management is struggling to keep top performers and isn't developing/training staff so they can replace them. A lot of hiring from outside for senior and up positions versus promoting from inside. Pay is below average with annual increases that do not keep salary competitive with that outside the firm. New hires are making more than those who have been with the company for years. Lost 3 days of vacation with new vacation policy without any compensation to adjust for it.

Strive to develop and train your employees. Listen to their complaints and suggestions. Pay your employees what the market wage is if you want to keep them. Value your investment in your workforce and treat them like the assets they are.

I worked there a long time and I feel I could have furthered my career better at another public accounting firm.

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Barnes, Dennig & Co.

Pros

The schedule can be very flexible, although this depends which senior manager you work for. Lots of opportunities for part-timers.

Cons

Training and accounting expertise are not highly valued; being mediocre is OK. Expect below average pay, sparse feedback, and promotions for those who "brown nose".

Solicit feedback from non-managers in private. You have numerous talented individuals that are looking to leave because their ideas are ignored by senior managers.

Worked for Barnes, Dennig & Co.? Contribute to the Community!