Barnes, Dennig & Co.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Steve Hube

Great people but management is causing the talent to leave.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat coworkers. Safe work location. Being downtown is great. If you want to work part time they will be very happy to let you. The benefits are similar to other CPA firms.

ConsRight now management is struggling to keep top performers and isn't developing/training staff so they can replace them. A lot of hiring from outside for senior and up positions versus promoting from inside. Pay is below average with annual increases that do not keep salary competitive with that outside the firm. New hires are making more than those who have been with the company for years. Lost 3 days of vacation with new vacation policy without any compensation to adjust for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to develop and train your employees. Listen to their complaints and suggestions. Pay your employees what the market wage is if you want to keep them. Value your investment in your workforce and treat them like the assets they are.

I worked there a long time and I feel I could have furthered my career better at another public accounting firm.

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe schedule can be very flexible, although this depends which senior manager you work for. Lots of opportunities for part-timers.

ConsTraining and accounting expertise are not highly valued; being mediocre is OK. Expect below average pay, sparse feedback, and promotions for those who "brown nose".

Advice to Senior ManagementSolicit feedback from non-managers in private. You have numerous talented individuals that are looking to leave because their ideas are ignored by senior managers.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFlexible and reduced-hour work schedules are available. Friendly atmosphere.

ConsNot much training available to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more training.

Worked for Barnes, Dennig & Co.? Contribute to the Community!