Barneys Beanery

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

avid Houston

can you show me where Jim Morrison used to sit?

Manager (Current Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsGreat ownership I learned a lot of what I use and apply today from the Barneys ownership. Fast paced and keeps you moving. As a manager you are treated with respect by the higher ups, they take care of you and listen. I would recommend this job for someone interested in restaurant ownership/management.

ConsLate nights, make sure you ask for a mix of shifts. Coming home at 4 am every night gets old.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people and treating people great!

Not a well managed company

Floor Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFree parking
    Free meals
    Good bonus
    Co-workers are great

ConsNo work life balance / horrible quality of life
    No benefits
    You need to cover your shifts before you can go on vacation. ( I had to cut my vacation short because i couldn't cover all of my shifts).
    You must work Christmas and all other holiday's
    No support during your shifts
    Horrible support from upper management
    HR doesn't listen or care about the managers
    No manager training program, (I spent 5 days training with a floor manager before I was running a shift)
    You get written up for hitting overtime, even though you are scheduled 9-10 hour shifts.
    Upper management will come in and bark orders at you instead of helping

Advice to Senior ManagementGet upper management that can help and support the managers.

Fun Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsWork part time
    Fun atmosphere
    Cool People
    Great Management
    ability to express your opinion without being chastised or belittled at work

ConsDrunk Patrons
    Food itself is not great but it is made up for
    Drunk Patrons
    Tacky decorations on the wall

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. You do your best and it shows. There is a lot to learn from the people under you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty good

ProsThe money can be really good and the people working with you are pretty cool. It's a great way to meet new people of you are new to the area. There isn't much of a dress code, which is nice.

ConsLong hours, and rude customers. If you can't handle that, then it's the wrong place for you. The menu is long and unnecessary. And you pretty much have to work on the weekends to make any money, but that goes for all service industries.

Worked for Barneys Beanery? Contribute to the Community!