Barneys

www.barneys.com

Barneys Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Barneys – New York – “Window display”

Barneys CEO Mark Lee

Mark Lee

Pros
  • the only good thing about working here is the employee discount, which can really get you some good deals at certain times of the year(in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people to work around(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the fellow sales associates can be rather aggressive and possessive when it comes to clients(in 7 reviews)

• The Human Resources Director and team are invisible(in 3 reviews)

The best place to be if you are passionate about fashion!

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are very genuine despite fashion stereotypes - even compared to my other experiences in the NY fashion world. They also care a lot about fit.

ConsVery high standard of performance if that even is a con...

Advice to Senior Managementnone - awesome!

temp replenisher position

Replenisher (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosspoke to HR, pretty straight forward questions , nice atmosphere. saw a few celebrities while working here . Anyone whois interested in fashion should defiantly look into working here, they are always looking for people during their two big holiday sales. temp position can turn permanent

Consmanagers were not the best, felt thrown on to the floor with very little training or help. some of them were a little rude i dont know if it was because we were temporary or not

My focus is both internal and external cases. I also do clerical work and some operations work.

Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsThe company is very flexible with working hours. They allow you to work independently but also expect for you to work as a team player.

ConsSome of the challenges is having to be able to multi-task at all times. You also have to able to respond immediately to any given emergencies. You have to be available for others to approach you and have know answers to questions that might pertain to managers only. Have to enforce policies and procedures by becoming a leader.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Working Environment

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI looked forward to going to my internship and working with a friendly staff. Great experience into a corporate retail environment. Very efficient work environment.

ConsNo criticism at this time.

great

Cashier Technician (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgood and friendly people. enjoyed working there

Conswas only there for short term/ seasonal position

Advice to Senior Managementgood manger

Love the store; Majority of staff/management needs to be replaced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAccessibility, location, some of the staff were very nice/easy to talk with in the store and outside. Loyal customers also provide interesting conversation and discussion.

ConsSales Associates and other management seem to think and have reinforced notions that support staff is simply and only there to do their bidding/tasks that THEY don't feel worthy of, when realistically they're a 1-2 steps above fast-food cashiers... you may have the commission, but not the actual class, no matter whom your "precious clientele" might be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new HR personnel that effectively deals with employee concerns rather than micromanaging every minute detail; HR is not suuposed to be in place for their own powertrips, but rather as an employee asset, designed to be a mediator for issues/questions rather than a by-the-book ball-buster.

They are a staple! Barneys has redefined the fashion Industry.

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love the company's culture, you can definitely feel comfortable under your own skin.

ConsVery egocentric culture. Some people are just very to themselves and rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be initiatives to establish more genuine relationships within the workplace.

Great Job

Barista (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent compensation for the type of job
    Great facilities and equipment
    High gratuity

ConsInexperienced management
    Customers were tough to deal with
    This position was seen as the bottom of the totem pole in the company, you were treated that way by other employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter organization of scheduling
    Dealing with problems head-on instead of in a passive manner

Expeditor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discounts, benefits and Coworkers

ConsAwful human resources team and management changes way too often

Great company to work for!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGaining valuable experience in sales, product knowledge, and customer service, working with luxury products, and the employee discount

ConsI don't have any criticism against the company due to my time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out and develop the employees that you currently have that show potential and growth. Employees are the backbone of the company. So, by promoting strong talent from within, you build a forceful and stable business.

Worked for Barneys? Contribute to the Community!