Barr-Nunn Transportation

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
3.2

Rene Beacom

Exciting Company, great bonuses and takes pride in being the best in the business

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus structure and team environment

Cons

Stressful work, long days and required to work Saturdays once a month

Top notch pay package

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Every time I think I've hit the cap on what I can earn here, they introduce a new pay increase or pay opportunity. The equipment is top notch. There are some good people that drive here.

Cons

A good amount of freight runs at night. The typical length of haul is short so you have to hustle to get your miles in. Some drivers find it difficult to get some dispatchers on the phone.

Fun, very stressful work

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation

Pros

Great people, logistic planning, opened up other opportunities outside of the company in logistics.

Cons

Had to work every 3rd or 4th weekend.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not horrible but definitely dissapointing.

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  Granger, IA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Granger, IA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good bonus structure if you can last long enough to earn them. Quick resolution of truck and trailer repair issues.

Cons

Barr-Nunn delights in making drivers sit for days on end especially on weekends. The equipment is bare bones without APU's or inverters (unless you team). Dispatch can be rude and inflamitory and getting home on time is a shot in the dark at best. Upper levels of management treat drivers like uneducated buffoons and rarely take impartial attitudes towards conflicts.

You have some really great drivers. If you want to keep them then start listening to them or all you will have is an empty building in Granger.

Barr Nunn Is a sto company that will lure you in to work for them and you not make any money they will park at a truck

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is no good reason to work for Barr Nunn. It was a waste of my time

Cons

Park at a truck stop most of my stay

This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days.

Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver  in  Obetz, OH
    Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Obetz, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is on high alert about safety. They are paying for your safe driving record with 90 day bonuses. They pay extra per mile for haz-mat loads. They are paying .050 cpm for driving in Ohio and home on weekends. The trucks have really improved recently International ProStars and Freightliner Cascadias. Many new trailers added to the mix.

Cons

They don't pay for baby sitting equipment that needs repaired. They want the drivers to take the trailers to a TA or Petro for DOT inspections for free. They don't pay for motels on your 34 hour restart. The trucks don't have invertors in them. Many of the trucks don't have IPO either. They need to solve their trailer maintenance issues.

I am "Ready to Roll."

if your looking for a decent trucking company to work for you may want to consider barr nunn transportation.

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Granger, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Granger, IA

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly people to work with.pay raises and bonuses a big + in this economy.pays detention and layover with no fuss.nice up to date equipment

Cons

electronic logs trucks are governed at 62 mph.wanna put you on probation for little picky things and quick to write you up.

planners need to do a better job.

Barr-Nunn Transportation Photos

Team Truck 2013
Company Driver Equipment 2013
Corporate Headquarters

+ Add Photo

Worked for Barr-Nunn Transportation? Contribute to the Community!