Barr-Nunn Transportation Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Rene Beacom

Feel like I'm chasing my tail.

Pros

I'll come back to this. Once I've been her longer.

Cons

Ran as many miles as a solo driver, with my last company, than I do as s team driver here. E-logs take forever to come thru, computer's way too slow..resubmitting the same information on every macro takes up valuable drive time, not enough time to get a shower, even though you've only driven 4,000 miles for the week, as a team? Etc.,etc.,etc.

Advice to Management

Get the Qualcomm's programmed so when you've entered the information from one macro,with the same load number, you're not having too re-enter that info every time. For example, load#,current y trailer number, TIME OF ARRIVAL, etc.

2. Not so good

Former Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Fayetteville, WV
    Former Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Fayetteville, WV

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There a job without all they advertise

Cons

Lies upon lies,1 day home time for Regional drivers, Bonus is a joke along with there sign on pay.

Advice to Management

Hire planners who can read messages and a MAP!

decide on your own

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pay, best in the industry home time, good reputation with their customers

Cons

not for team drivers, good miles but runs are not long enough, wears teams out. Great for solos though.

Advice to Management

teams looking to come to barr nunn are discouraged because of the short runs and ive seen other teams leave because of this. We w ere pulled from a 17 hr. run and given a 5-6 hr. run. Not happy at all. We will probable leave after the first of the year You want to keep teams then make sure the DM,s are told to keep them on long runs. Or other wise it will be a revolving door for good teams.

Disapointed, could be a really good experience

Current Employee - Regional Driver
    Current Employee - Regional Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, if they keep you moving. Good benefits, electronic logs.

Cons

Supervisor/dispatcher are not aware of the concept of pre-planning. Will change your load 4-5 times before you get rolling. Meanwhile every time they call to change your orders they wake you up. A lot of wasted time waiting means less money for me and for the company. Dispatchers, team leaders, whatever you call them need more training and need to be more responsive and available. Politeness would be an added bonus.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training on logistics, pre-planning, communication skills, etc.

Exciting Company, great bonuses and takes pride in being the best in the business

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus structure and team environment

Cons

Stressful work, long days and required to work Saturdays once a month

Top notch pay package

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every time I think I've hit the cap on what I can earn here, they introduce a new pay increase or pay opportunity. The equipment is top notch. There are some good people that drive here.

Cons

A good amount of freight runs at night. The typical length of haul is short so you have to hustle to get your miles in. Some drivers find it difficult to get some dispatchers on the phone.

8. Fun, very stressful work

Pros

Great people, logistic planning, opened up other opportunities outside of the company in logistics.

Cons

Had to work every 3rd or 4th weekend.

Not horrible but definitely dissapointing.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Granger, IA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Granger, IA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good bonus structure if you can last long enough to earn them. Quick resolution of truck and trailer repair issues.

Cons

Barr-Nunn delights in making drivers sit for days on end especially on weekends. The equipment is bare bones without APU's or inverters (unless you team). Dispatch can be rude and inflamitory and getting home on time is a shot in the dark at best. Upper levels of management treat drivers like uneducated buffoons and rarely take impartial attitudes towards conflicts.

Advice to Management

You have some really great drivers. If you want to keep them then start listening to them or all you will have is an empty building in Granger.

Barr Nunn Is a sto company that will lure you in to work for them and you not make any money they will park at a truck

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason to work for Barr Nunn. It was a waste of my time

Cons

Park at a truck stop most of my stay

11. This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days.

Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Obetz, OH
    Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Obetz, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is on high alert about safety. They are paying for your safe driving record with 90 day bonuses. They pay extra per mile for haz-mat loads. They are paying .050 cpm for driving in Ohio and home on weekends. The trucks have really improved recently International ProStars and Freightliner Cascadias. Many new trailers added to the mix.

Cons

They don't pay for baby sitting equipment that needs repaired. They want the drivers to take the trailers to a TA or Petro for DOT inspections for free. They don't pay for motels on your 34 hour restart. The trucks don't have invertors in them. Many of the trucks don't have IPO either. They need to solve their trailer maintenance issues.

Advice to Management

I am "Ready to Roll."

RSS Feed </> Embed