Barr-Nunn Transportation

Barr-Nunn Transportation Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Rene Beacom

Top notch pay package

Truck Driver (Current Employee)

ProsEvery time I think I've hit the cap on what I can earn here, they introduce a new pay increase or pay opportunity. The equipment is top notch. There are some good people that drive here.

ConsA good amount of freight runs at night. The typical length of haul is short so you have to hustle to get your miles in. Some drivers find it difficult to get some dispatchers on the phone.

Fun, very stressful work

ProsGreat people, logistic planning, opened up other opportunities outside of the company in logistics.

ConsHad to work every 3rd or 4th weekend.

Not horrible but definitely dissapointing.

OTR Driver (Former Employee) Granger, IA

ProsVery good bonus structure if you can last long enough to earn them. Quick resolution of truck and trailer repair issues.

ConsBarr-Nunn delights in making drivers sit for days on end especially on weekends. The equipment is bare bones without APU's or inverters (unless you team). Dispatch can be rude and inflamitory and getting home on time is a shot in the dark at best. Upper levels of management treat drivers like uneducated buffoons and rarely take impartial attitudes towards conflicts.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some really great drivers. If you want to keep them then start listening to them or all you will have is an empty building in Granger.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Barr Nunn Is a sto company that will lure you in to work for them and you not make any money they will park at a truck

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsThere is no good reason to work for Barr Nunn. It was a waste of my time

ConsPark at a truck stop most of my stay

This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days.

Class A Cdl Truck Driver (Current Employee) Obetz, OH

ProsThe company is on high alert about safety. They are paying for your safe driving record with 90 day bonuses. They pay extra per mile for haz-mat loads. They are paying .050 cpm for driving in Ohio and home on weekends. The trucks have really improved recently International ProStars and Freightliner Cascadias. Many new trailers added to the mix.

ConsThey don't pay for baby sitting equipment that needs repaired. They want the drivers to take the trailers to a TA or Petro for DOT inspections for free. They don't pay for motels on your 34 hour restart. The trucks don't have invertors in them. Many of the trucks don't have IPO either. They need to solve their trailer maintenance issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am "Ready to Roll."

if your looking for a decent trucking company to work for you may want to consider barr nunn transportation.

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Granger, IA

Prosfriendly people to work with.pay raises and bonuses a big + in this economy.pays detention and layover with no fuss.nice up to date equipment

Conselectronic logs trucks are governed at 62 mph.wanna put you on probation for little picky things and quick to write you up.

Advice to Senior Managementplanners need to do a better job.

Worked for Barr-Nunn Transportation? Contribute to the Community!