Bartech

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bartech CEO David W. Barfield

David W. Barfield

This is the first organization I have been a part of where everyone is happy every day!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsVery organized and welcoming from the very first day I arrived. By the end of my first week here I was very comfortable with what I was doing. I absolutely love my team and my supervisor is phenominal and so easy to work with! The environment here is very upbeat and having a part-time "work from home" environment was key for me. They take work life balance very seriously. You are treated like a professional and help is always readily available.

ConsI have no cons to mention.

It could be a lot better.

Service Delivery Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLarge fortune 500 client base.

ConsDifficult working environment especially for workers not sitting in a site with direct management. With no on site management it seems to create a feeling of disconnect and distrust with the team. There is also very little training for new employees with no set guidelines on servicing the accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some type of career road map for employees. It feels like there is no chance to learn new skills or be promoted into a new role. There needs to be a standardized training program implemented. A lot of the training was either incomplete or provided the incorrect information.

Bartech was a fair company.

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsNice business culture, and competitive salary.

ConsThe positions are all contract.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor response. Company personnel never call back

Instructional Designer (Current Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsThe person at Bartech called me once for a position but never followed up.

ConsNone of the personnel call you back. I even called the head office to inquire about the job and was transferred to another recruiter who was responsible for supplying personnel at Verizon. Neither the new recruiter nor the previous one ever called back, despite leaving 4 phone messages. Most recruiting companies are only allowed to submit 2 candidates for a position. When they fill these spots, the recruiter will not call you back, especially this one. Bartech fears you will compete, therefore ignores you. Were Bartech to tell you outright, you might go with another agency. This agency lies when it says the hiring company has set a range on how much it will pay. Actually, the hiring company sets an upper limit for the position. Recruiting agencies factor this into what they are willing to pay. Be upfront and truthful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay more attention to "customers" otherwise people will find other recruiting agencies to fill the same position.

Okay company to work for

ProsThey will provide vacation and paid holidays. However you have to work 500 hours to get holiday pay and 1500 hours for vacation pay. They are willing to work with you on time off requests and most of the team will get back to you if you email them. Some of the staff are evasive and don't want to answer a bunch of questions regarding salary.

ConsThey need to pay more and the company insurance is very expensive

The are better places to work

ProsIt's a job. It gives you a paycheck.

ConsLaid off most of the employees.. overworking the employees still there. No real performance review.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees' concerns

Always a professional experience with all information needed regarding assignments.

Consoltant (Former Employee)
    Juno Beach, FL

ProsProfessional atmosphere and ability to work independently to get the job done. I knew what expected before going to the assignment and the assignment was completed to satisfactory and I received pay discussed.

ConsThere were no Cons, as I knew I was accepting temporary assignments when working with this company. I have only enjoyed working with The Bartech Group.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery good experience working with The Bartech in earlier years and my most recent assignment.

Wonderful contractual company

ProsCompetitive salary and paid time off

ConsBenefits are based on contractual obligations with their client. My healthcare cost was high and they cannot do pay increases if client does not offer more per employee.

Fantastic place to work!!!!!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsI have been doing IT recruiting for almost 5 years now with a few different companies and Bartech Group blows them all out of the water!!! Competitive salary and a very generous commission package are just a few of the pros to consider when you look at Bartech. The main piece that gravitated me to Bartech over a few other offers I was considering at the time is that they genuinely care about their employees and give us EVERYTHING we need to succeed, whether you work remote from a home office, like myself, or in the corporate headquarters in Southfield, MI. If this is not enough to make you look twice, Bartech also has the BEST health insurance benefits that I have ever had! I wish I had found Bartech five years ago and I am thrilled to be here now!!

ConsI have been working for Bartech for two months now and can't really think of any cons so far. Should that change, I will make sure to note that on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to keep up the great work and keep on doing what you are doing, because you are doing it right.

My experience was top notch!

Service Delivery Consultant (Current Employee)
    Richardson, TX

ProsWell, I like the company's business culture and working environment. I have great coworkers and my manager is great. Everyone is so nice and always willing to help and assist with any questions that I may have.

ConsEmployees don't have access to the workout facilities. Working at the gym would be a great incentive especially if we could workout before or after work. It would show that the company is committed to their employees overall health and well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see the company fly associates down to the corporate office to celebrate the company's accomplishments as well as the employees' contributions. This would be great for the company and it would also be a good time to discuss the company's growth strategies and forecasting for the immediate future.

Worked for Bartech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bartech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bartech CEO David W. Barfield. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Bartech employees.