Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation
www.bcsc.k12.in.us Columbus, IN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

An awkward system for good schools

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee)
Columbus, IN

I have been working at Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation

ProsThe Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation as a whole is quite a fine collection of individuals and schools. Things flow smoothly and the staff care about their students.

ConsUnfortunately, the system for employing and assigning substitute teachers falls short of the rest of the corporation. There is no training or preparation for substitutes and the qualifications, besides a background check, are light. Subs, once called for a job, simply show up and depend on the often sketchy or entirely absent lesson plans left by teachers who normally, and understandably, are unprepared for sudden absences. However, this seems to be symptom of the education system as a whole, as what was mentioned above holds true for the other school systems I have seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved training or support for substitutes would help to alleviate the problems outlined above. Any progress would help, as many subs find themselves winging lessons or doing nothing more than babysitting.

AT home Jobs

I have been working at Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

ProsMaking my own schedule and still working consistently

ConsLeads and having to call homes is very hard to reach people

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and get better data

Worked for Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation employees.