Bartlett Regional Hospital

Bartlett Regional was a family

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Juneau, AK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK

I worked at Bartlett Regional Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The goal of Bartlett Regional Hospital was to be the best community hospital in Alaska. They worked hard at it and I think they were achieving their goals. The last couple of years I was working their the CEO had changed a couple of times due to how the board hired the CEO so there was a bit of instability due to that. Yet I thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire staff at the hospital. It was like a family and they really took top interest in making sure the patient was taken well care of in all aspects of their care (physician care, nursing, social work, diagnostic, therapies, etc) for both inpatient and outpatient services. Maternity services were phenomenal as I was a patient there during my years of employment. My children also had a few visits to the Emergency services and I was very pleased with how they cared for my children.

Cons

I think because of the hospital board changing how they hire the CEO and the movement of an interim and even a new CEO out of the hospital within a year and a half period, it created a little instability. The core staff of the hospital kept the flow of the hospital going. Hopefully, they have a stable CEO now.

Overall a great experience with some frustrations

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Juneau, AK
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Juneau, AK

I have been working at Bartlett Regional Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very accommodating and flexible, I have have been student for 2 years and they always worked around my schedule and were patient with me. They hired me on with no experience and trained me in a speciality area from the ground up. It is an excellent team to work with.

Cons

Some of the administration decisions are questionable and if you get involved in the politics it will drive you crazy.

Culture of Fear is BACK!!!

Current Employee - Culture of Fear Doesn't Allow Me to Answer This Question : O(  in  Juneau, AK
    Current Employee - Culture of Fear Doesn't Allow Me to Answer This Question : O( in Juneau, AK

I have been working at Bartlett Regional Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At the moment, I am struggling to find the pros of the work enviroment here after the recent change in leadership :o(

Cons

The new CEO and CFO manage with fear! They both have threatened staff member's jobs and are forcing ALL the good people to resign. Sooner or later, the hospital will be ran by a group of dictators and I cannot see how well that will work out for quality patient care? This happened a while back and the Juneau Assembly had to intervene as I believe is the case now!

To the BOD and the Assembly: You may want to get to know these people you hired and what they are saying and doing on the Bartlett campus on a day-to-day basis before someone ends up on the doorstep of the Assembly yet again!!!

Worked for Bartlett Regional Hospital? Contribute to the Community!