Bartlett Tree Experts

www.bartlett.com

Bartlett Tree Experts Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Great Company to Work For

ProsThere is a career progression plan in place for my own self development. Everyone is treated like a member of the family with good pay, great benefits, and a good work-like balance.

ConsThe work is hard, but rewarding when it's done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop the employees having a harder time learning the trade rather than giving up on them. Developing employees into strong performers is way easier and more gratifying than hiring top performers.

Great company to work for.

Arborist Representative (Current Employee)

ProsCompany is growing, and you are able to advance, but you have to work for it and may have to be patient and wait for an opening. Great training whether on the job or at the Research Arboretum. The Research Arboretum is a wealth of information and is just a phone call or email away. The lab staff is always willing to help out.

ConsI wouldn't call it a con, but employees are held to a high level of professionalism and are expected to consistently put out high quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot is expected out of the employees, most meet the expectations and are compensated well for it. If you haven’t don’t so already, talk with employees about career paths. Don’t let the new guy fall to the wayside in the morning rush.

Best career choice I've ever made

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI’ve been with Bartlett for a few years now and I have never been happier with my career. Aside from helping our customers with any inquires that they might have, I work with the arborists and admins at our 100+ offices, as well as our local/divisional managers and our home office employees. Not only is everyone that I interact with here friendly, courteous and professional, but the environment is also extremely positive. Regardless of who you're interacting with, there never seems to be a problem understanding each other and figuring out a solution to what you/they happen to be working on.

The company is very accommodating with your schedule outside of the office; I've not once had an issue regarding leaving for appointments, vacation days, etc. Not a single one.

The company itself is a great place to work; the compensation and benefit packages are the best I've ever been offered, and there is definite room for advancement within the company, no matter your position.

I don't plan on going anywhere, and if you start working here, I can guarantee you that you'll feel the same.

ConsI honestly can't think of anything substantial. The sodas in the vending machine at my office are all Coke products and I prefer Pepsi. That's really all I've got.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional workplace and knowledgeable staff

Anonymous (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsMy coworkers are always professional and pleasant, and I remember noticing when I first started that people go out of their way to say "thank you" here.

The company is covering my tuition to study horticulture, which is great -- and my hours are flexible enough that I can leave early for class when I need to.

The research lab is a great resource for people at all levels of the organization.

ConsFor a tree service, Bartlett is a large company. There are fewer opportunities to get to know the people who are contributing to the various areas of the business than there are in smaller operations.

IF YOU ARE DESPERATE FOR A JOB THEN GO YOU WILL BE SOORY

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsOK benefits My manager was great Easy. If you needed to leave for a doctors appointment they were very
    liberal.

ConsSenior management better open their eyes real soon. Very stressful environment. People always talking about
    you. very cliquey. VP's act like they are in high school. If they liked you could od whatever you want. If they did not beware!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture was a free for all people. Upper management was told about people constantly.My advice would be beware they will stab you in your back in a heart beat!!!

Not how they painted themselves

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClose to home, great people at my location

ConsMicromangement to the highest extent, very old school procedures and technology, do not like to hear ideas if it is not from the coporate/management level, high expectations for mediocre compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging, listen to your employees, they may have some good ideas. Get up on the times with procedure and technology.

Arborist Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFanstastic training and tons of up-to-date/relevant scientific information at your fingertips.
    Industry colleagues and co-workers are very passionate about Arboriculture and are some of the best in their field.

ConsOld school business practices (i.e. technology, systems, processes, compensation); very little room for "outside of the box thinking!" Disconnected tiered management regime.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace the future. Don't ruin and overwork good employees in order to "look good" and meet the expectations of those at a corporate level.

Pay scale is confusing

Foreman (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Safe minded. Pay is not too bad. Advancement oppertunities are available. Overtime is always available in the warm season.

ConsForemans sometimes get paid less than the less experienced employees. Equipment is run down and old. Managers take a long time to order basic tools. Managers also talk down to employees infront of other employees. Not a company that values employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview payscales and give the sales reps. power to give raises.

Tree care industry

Arborist (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

Pros-Bartlett offers very good benefits in comparison to the competition
    -The pay is very competitive compared with other companies in tree care

Cons-Lack of communication in regards to employee advancement. There is no plan for advancement or goals laid out for employees
    -Dealing with chemicals

Advice to Senior Management-Use more organic chemicals and treatments to reduce harm to environment and employees
    -Be more honest about advancement opportunities and job availability

Worked for Bartlett Tree Experts? Contribute to the Community!